It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Your fake teacher friend couldn't even structure their direct address properly. I'm sorry again that you have a weak education.

This seems to be the common thread among most ME'ers.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
OP I'll give you credit for a nicely done thread...good job on that.

It's a nicely done thread because these Mandela effect posters are a professional outfit.

Why else would a subject so stupid still be polluting this site?

It's about time the mods started taking action against this garbage, or at the very least throw every Me thread in the hoax bin.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

This forum is for speculative theories without corroboration. Move it along and go whine somewhere else.

link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

Seriously? You've responded saying you don't have to answer that 3 times already...

I'm responding here with reasoning in a mobile phone to help these people see why a direct address when you already have the attention of someone is considered condescending or passive aggressive. It is not considered polite.

I structured a paragraph to show how silly it is when used willy nilly. Just like any structure, there is context for when and how to use items of language.

For example the term lady is one of respect, but when you say "Hey, Lady!" The term suddenly has a disrespectful connotation.

It's not that hard to grasp, and making up that a person is an English teacher as an appeal to authority and then butchering the very use of a direct address is quite comical.
edit on 18-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: Pearj

The organs are exactly where I remember.

Back in the early 90's, our biology teacher specifically addressed the common misconceptions of organ location, such as a "left-sided" heart and "centered" stomach.

I remember this as clear as day, because he had us point to where we thought the heart and stomach were located, and we were all shocked by the truth of the matter. He told us, the incorrect locations stem back from folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching.

Except these days, folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching have been supplanted by an imaginary world where everybody is right all the time in SOME reality far, far away.

Hahahaaa!!!!!

When I was a kid, they told us, "You can be anything you want to be." Me and my peers took this to mean that with hardwork, a structured plan, and a realistic goal, anything could be possible. Nowadays, I think the emerging generations have taken this inspirational quote a little too literally.

edit on 8/18/16 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Your fake teacher friend couldn't even structure their direct address properly. I'm sorry again that you have a weak education.

This seems to be the common thread among most ME'ers.

And yet you are still side stepping the request to provide a link to back up your (completely false) claim. Why is that?

Embarrassing, Raymundoko, embarrassing...

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

That's apparently where you leaned your grammar and punctuation. Sorry you got dismantled so quickly. It can be embarrassing at times, but learn from it and move on.

link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: Pearj

The organs are exactly where I remember.

Back in the early 90's, our biology teacher specifically addressed the common misconceptions of organ location, such as a "left-sided" heart and "centered" stomach.

I remember this as clear as day, because he had us point to where we thought the heart and stomach were located, and we were all shocked by the truth of the matter. He told us, the incorrect locations stem back from folklore, anatomical ignorance, and simplification of teaching.

Why are there pictures the way I remember? Plus ones that are the "new way"?
"Position of Heart: Identify the location of apex of the heart by inspection and palpation.'

New way the lungs are different size also.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Wait, what? I've demonstrated it for you...I didn't side step anything. Are you mental? Are you telling me you think my post misusing direct addresses was acceptable?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Source your images.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm responding here with reasoning in a mobile phone to help these people see why a direct address when you already have the attention of someone is considered condescending or passive aggressive. It is not considered polite.

Oh no you don't!!! You said it was grammatically incorrect and used it as a baseless argument to prove that the film could NOT have used Luke in that sentence!

Don't you go changing your story now.

We are still waiting for the links to prove it is grammatically incorrect.

Just so you know, I am NOT defending the ME at all, a quick look at my post history will more than demonstrate that. Nor is the other poster you have been busy insulting defending the ME.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I used to have this trick where I could slow down and speed up my hear rate on demand. People didn't actually believe me, so I'd have them place their hand over my hear to prove it, and I clearly remember always having them place it over the left side of my chest. I'm trying to feel the position of my heartbeat now and it does seem like I can only feel it closer to the center which I find some what disturbing.

My wife could do this also, not sure if she still can, but yes I could feel my heart left side and now I don't I have to put my hand in the middle.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Source your images.

Google

Found one again for you
Description.
Palpation: The palm of your right hand is placed across the patient's left chest so that it covers the area over the heart. The heel should rest along the sternal border with the extended fingers lying below the left nipple. Focus on several things:

meded.ucsd.edu...
edit on 18-8-2016 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That's not sourcing them. What site did you pull the images from? If you did not create the images you must source them.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

You need to re-read my posts. Do you need help with that too? Look at my first response.

I said it was incorrect to use them out of context because of how they are perceived when you do it.

I'm now positive you are not a teacher.

Very first post on it:

And what were you doing? You were being condescending. It's only use is an insulting one when addressing the person directly. Vader was not insulting Luke. Quite the opposite, he wanted Luke to join him. I did a complete write up on this previously.

Because you use the language incorrectly does not mean the writers of the ESB script did.

edit on 18-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's not sourcing them. What site did you pull the images from? If you did not create the images you must source them.

I did pull them from google search...

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Seriously? You've responded saying you don't have to answer that 3 times already...

You are asking this question as a response to which post in what thread?

grammar.about.com...

In English grammar and rhetoric, direct address is a construction in which a speaker or writer communicates a message directly to another individual or group of individuals. The person who is addressed may be identified by name, nickname, the pronoun you, or an expression that's either friendly or unfriendly.

Here some example of a direct address,

"You've been given a gift, Peter. With great power, comes great responsibility." (Cliff Robertson as Ben Parker in Spider-Man 2, 2004)

"Smokey, my friend, you are entering a world of pain." (John Goodman as Walter Sobchak in The Big Lebowski, 1998)

"Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now . . .. Here's looking at you, kid." (Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, 1942)

So what's the problem?

edit on 18-8-2016 by TheMaxHeadroomIncident because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You simply don't understand how to use a proper noun when addressing a person in one on one conversation. Bad Grammar is Bad Grammar.

All of those are bad grammar if it's just me an you in a room together. The lack of education is strong with you.

I am done with you now, you are simply trolling.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Wait, what? I've demonstrated it for you...I didn't side step anything. Are you mental? Are you telling me you think my post misusing direct addresses was acceptable?

Another side step? Wow, didn't expect that...
No, your post with deliberate over misuse of direct addressing wasn't acceptable. Not in anyway, not as proof of anything and it doesn't back up your claim as that type of over use isn't what we are talking about.
That's not what Vader did, that's not how people talk and that's not what we see in countless screenplays. That sort of over use is totally irrelevant to the claim you made and is clearly another cop out on your part because you can't provide a link as your claim is complete BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You are confused about what is happening in that picture. Please review and learn what the doctor is trying to accomplish.

The Palm rests on the sternum and the remainder of the hand over the left side of your chest so that the hand can be flat agains the chest to feel the vibrations caused by the hear beat. If you don't do this, half your hand is off the body.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join