It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Kidney Proof - Internal Organs Changed Position

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Wait, you just said I misused it, but earlier you said you can't misuse it. Which is it? If I just misused it then obviously there is an incorrect way for it to be used... I think the thought exercise I put you through finally hit you and now you're a tad upset.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMaxHeadroomIncident

You just proved my point...don't you see that. Two of these were intended condescension.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

You can't just pull them from Google search. Click the visit site and link to where the image originates.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

It's a very wise idea to get your medical knowledge from an actual doctor rather than boxing matches and the internet.

Dear Tiger, I would like to explain that people are not talking about medicine here. They are talking about knowing throughout their life simple things that we all know like where you can lay your head on your loved one's chest and hear their heart. Where things are, what things were taught to them, how their world was and it now is different.

They are asking you to believe they are experiencing something profound as I believe you have asked and hoped to be believed about things you yourself have experienced outside the norm?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

First post. Again, sorry you got dismantled so quickly. Often those faking some type of higher education are exposed easily.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: InhaleExhale
a reply to: neutronflux
a reply to: Greggers

Everybody already knows memory is fallible.

If you say the Mandela Effect is entirely based on false memories, I'm going to disagree - and that's already established.

We aren't talking about common mistakes, we're talking about iconic changes that affect things we see and hear about everyday (eg: a Star Wars fan that's heard the iconic line hundreds of times).

When you leave for work, do you have to look at a map - or do you know how to get there?

It seems childish to waist pages baiting someone into a point that could of been done in one reply.

All of this stuff has already been established - the conversation has gone past faulty memory.

The problem is that I think you know that.

There is a perfectly logical, commonly experienced cultural reference that explains why the "LUKE" scene gets twisted by many, many people. In parodies and comedy routines, Luke was used. People experienced these parodies and comedy routines to the point that they became part of the culture. We had a contributor to one of the forums who cited a college paper he had written on this very phenomena before Mandela was even a thing, and he trotted out numerous other examples no one has mentioned in addition to the common Star Wars and Snow White references.

This isn't about memory being faulty. By and large, it's about the reasons why large numbers of people will tend the share the same misconceptions about certain things.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
After doing a bit more research on the Mandela Effect I'm starting to think there may actually be something to it. I know I'm going to sound like a crazy person just by entertaining such outlandish notions, but some of the examples I've come across are very convincing. It seems to me like the people claiming the Mandela Effect is real all have a common history, they are able to agree on how it used to be, which I find quite interesting. Consider the following two lists, one is historically accurate and one is "how it used to be" according to people experiencing the Mandela Effect:

"Luke, I am your father"
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall"
C-3PO was fully gold/bronze
4 people in the car with JFK
Coca Cola has a centered dash

"No, I am your father"
"Magic mirror, on the wall"
C-3PO had a silver leg
6 people in the car with JFK
Coca Cola has a high square dot

I have a feeling that most people would gravitate towards only one of those lists rather than choosing from both. For me it's the first list, and in fact everything in the first list is false, the second list is the historically accurate list.

Mandela died in prison.....nope
The book The Portrait of Dorian Gray is now The Picture of Dorian Gray.
Draino...Drano
JCPenny/Penney
Liquid Plumber is Liquid Plumr
K-Mart.....Kmart
Vicks vaper rub is now Vicks Vapo
Gorden's Fish...Gorton's Fish
Looney Toons ..........Looney Tunes
Fruit Loops ...............Froot Loops
neopolitan is now neapolitan
JC Penney.................JC Penny
Sex In The City..........Sex And The City
Interview With A Vampire......Interview with the vampire
Oscar Meyer.................Oscar Mayer ?
Mirror Mirror on the wall.........Magic Mirror on the wall
Cup O' Noodles...........Cup Noodles (mistake there are both)
Beautiful day in THE neighborhood....day in THIS neighborhood
May it be done on earth as in heaven....done IN earth as in heaven
Lion lay down with the lamb....wolf
Luke I am your Father....No I am your Father
Chic fil la.................chick fil la (possible name change)
Barenstein Bears..........Beranstain
Life IS like a box of chocolates......Mama always said life WAS like a box of chocolates (could be either)
captain crunch is Cap'n Crunch now
Herbal Essence......Herbal Essences
Depends......Depend
fabreeze....fabreze
oxy clean...Oxi clean
St. Chapelle wine...Ste Chapelle
Snapple Soda
Rod Stirling.....Rod Sirling
guitarist for The Who being Pete Townsend, now Townshend,
Anjelica Houston or Huston
Annette Bening or Benning
Mark Hamill or Hamil
Dan Ackroyd or Aykroyd
Reba McIntyre or McEntire
Donald or Donal Logue
Courtney....Courteney Cox?
Barbara....Barbra Streisand
Jackie Gleason or Gleeson
Desi Arnez or Arnaz
Danny DeVito or DaVito
Kevin Spacy or Spacey
Steven Seagal or Segal (If you search for "Steven Seagal signed photo" you'll see that apparently he once thought his name was spelled differently too!

Snuffaluffagus or Snuffleupagus
Develop(e)
Chevron logo Red/Whit Blue now Blue white red
Jane Goodall alive
Kirk Douglas alive
Billy Graham alive
Doris Day alive!
Debbie Reynolds alive
Frankie Avalon alive

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Carry on, you know the saying about giving a man enough rope, right?

Now gimme dat gramma stuff you all been talkin bout, hurry hurry little man!!!

I wants doze proofs!

edit on 18-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

And you ignore the other one? Ok. Here another one.

Ilsa: Play it, Sam. Play "As Time Goes By." Sam: Oh, I can't remember it, Miss Elsa. I'm a little rusty on it. (Ingrid Bergman and Dooley Wilson in Casablanca, 1942)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

One more thing, Ruiner has been defending ME in every thread:

This is just one thread as an example.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual
This Mandela effect idea is the silliest thing I´ve heard in years.

Hummm Crap? With your avatar and name really? You calling something silly?

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You need to re-read my posts. Do you need help with that too? Look at my first response.

I said it was incorrect to use them out of context because of how they are perceived when you do it.

I'm now positive you are not a teacher.

Very first post on it:

And what were you doing? You were being condescending. It's only use is an insulting one when addressing the person directly. Vader was not insulting Luke. Quite the opposite, he wanted Luke to join him. I did a complete write up on this previously.

Because you use the language incorrectly does not mean the writers of the ESB script did.

No you didn't at all.
With that first post you claimed you can only direct address if you are being insulting. When you were proved wrong with examples of how that is not the case you then made the claim those examples are grammatically incorrect. Now when, yet again you are proved wrong and totally unable to back up your ridiculous claim you continue to embarrass yourself.

Amazing!

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
a reply to: neutronflux

Of course its logical to poke fun at such a claim...

but you know how deep is this rabbit hole I assume.

For me it started with our location in the milky way. For the most part of my life, location was further away from the centre, in the edge of the galaxy.

Then suddenly pictures showing us close to the centre started to appear in my life. I just brushed it off as a re-calculation, or that know one had a clue.

What I didn't realize is that there was no evidence what so ever they ever said we were located at the edge.

If the above looks normal to you, please understand I accept it and can't explain you how this is ok for you.

Well, for starters, astronomers found a new outer arm in the Milky Way, which would increase the distance between earth and the outside edge of the galaxy. Secondly, astronomers actually did decide we were slightly further inward than previously thought. Thirdly, pictures have gotten more accurate over the years, but none of them are completely accurate since they are all artists renditions. Fourthly, technology is moving faster than ever and many of the older pictures have been replaced or were never posted online to begin with. I imagine you might find what you're looking for at the local library if you can find an older book.
edit on 18-8-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That's one of my favorite movies, and Sam was being condescending to Ilsa. Before that he had just told her to "Leave him alone, Miss Ilsa, you're bad luck to him." It had a negative connotation.

Also, when she asked Sam to play it, he was feigning that he didn't remember it because he didn't want to humor her. When she asked him to SING it he was looking up. Both times she was getting his attention or being demanding.

Here is the full scene.

edit on 18-8-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Incorrect. I said they are correct if used in the correct context. You really do have a faulty memory.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

One more thing, Ruiner has been defending ME in every thread:

This is just one thread as an example.

So what?
As stated before I liked to entertain some ideas.
Never fully subscribed to any of them though
And since I have stated that that I retract all speculation I made on the topic in the past.

Clearly unlike you, I can admit to being wrong.

Also, strange how you can dig up my old posts as some poor attempt to prove something, but you still can't provide a link to back up your BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Stupid according to science. You need to understand the true nature of science and the reality it explains to even begin to see how stupid the organ shift ME is.

yes please explain the "true nature of science and reality"lol

Glad to hear you understand it so well. Physicists today admit it is boggling to them but at least they can come ask you.
Please explain why and how scientists have now been able to take the first ever snapshot of light behaving both as a wave and as a particle. How a particle can rotate in two directions at once? That electrons can be two places at the same time?

Read more at: phys.org...
modernnotion.com...

Penrose also believes that quantum mechanics, the rules governing the physical world at the subatomic level, might play an important role in consciousness.

www.livescience.com...
www.columbia.edu...

String theory suggests that as many as nine or 10 spatial dimensions, plus time, may exist, for a total of 10 or 11 spacetime dimensions. Most of them are tiny and curled up, so small we may never be able to perceive them. It's the complex patterns of vibrations throughout these 10 or 11 dimensions that give rise to the rich family of particles scientists can detect experimentally.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Incorrect. I said they are correct if used in the correct context. You really do have a faulty memory.

Another falsehood from you.
Here is what you said in your first post.

"And what were you doing? You were being condescending. It's only use is an insulting one when addressing the person directly."

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yes, and I stand by that. If you aren't getting the persons attention, then you are being rude. It's not appropriate to use it without the correct context. If you are with the person, you are alone and you have their attention, then there is no need to use a direct address. Even if you aren't intending to be rude, you are being superfluous with your speech.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Double post.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join