It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metaphysical Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The Spirit is the creator, the Spirit is within every one of us, you sense the Spirit as your subconscious (the mind is the conscious). You see its world in your dreams, it is thought and intellect and is the psychological aspect of our existence. It resides within the unseen half of yourself as opposed to the half you can see, it is the mind and all that comes with it. The creator is within every part of creation and every facet of existence in all of its innumerable forms.

Jesus said that the kingdom of God lies within us and that we are the light of the world (something he also said of himself). That is so true, what you SEE is the light of the world, the image of God/light that reveals the material world around you.

Our image is produced by our material brains enormously complex structure, thoughts coming in the form of synapses. These synapses are the brain tapping into the spiritual world that consciousness arises from. The spiritual world is the immaterial aspect of our existence that phenomena such as thoughts and emotions arise from. Thoughts and emotions are not physical, they do not have any physical form.

The Spirit is only one but is fragmented into innumerable parts in the forms of the image of light we see, it is God the Father who is invisible and unknowable. The fragments are the image and mind, YOU.

God is Spirit the metaphysical aspect of your existence. The material is God the Mother, the womb you are growing spiritually within.

You, who lie between the Father (Spirit) and Mother (Earth), are the Son (Image) of God who is the light of the world. You are both first and last, Alpha and Omega, Earth and Spirit. You are the union of the material Mother and immaterial Father.

Your metaphysical Spirit manipulates and transforms the material world, even being present within your material body acting out commands to the various parts of your body.

Without the synapses in your brain, there would be no you. Like I said before, synapses are a way for Earth to tap into the immaterial Spirit and create life and the image we all see constantly.

There is no death because the Spirit does not perish, only the Earth does, it grows old and outdated so it dies and withers away which is when the Spirit leaves the body. If the Spirit is eternal, that means that ultimately we are as well because we are all living a spiritual life in a physical body and as we know life always finds a way, we are proof of that.

What we are all looking for may be right in front of us and even within us.

The Spirit is eternal so why fear death? On the flip side, material wealth is only fleeting so why hurt others to claim it? You cannot take your money with you when you die.

I've been humbled by this knowledge and I thought it would be nice to share with others in the hope that maybe it will help whoever they are somewhere down the road. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much lol thank you for reading.
edit on 8/15/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thank you kindly for sharing such an understanding of the reality that we are experiencing so eloquently!

On my best days I take time to sit and observe. It is a fascinating meditative practice to break through the habitual thought patterns that can very easily be seen as non-self.

What is it that is capable of observing everything you identify as "you".

Where do your thoughts come from?

I also like visualizing thoughts as waves and the mind as the ocean.

When you remove ownership of the thought process aka attachment, you are left with the present moment. All you worries of the future and regrets of the past drop to the wayside.

I do not mean to make this sound as though it is easy. Just a good practice to incorporate if you so wish.

Ultimately we are all a part of God's imagination. The good, the bad, and the ugly. There are very real lessons to be learned happening all around us.

edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmMonday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Strange, I was just talking about this on a different thread (Spirit) and Logos to be specific and I said that from Spirit is Wisdom which is the source of the Logos (meaning Word and Reason) and the Logos is the Teacher of the Spirit of Truth, the one who imparts Wisdom.

Actually I think it was; Logos is the Teacher, Wisdom(Spirit) is the Truth taught by the Teacher.

edit on 15-8-2016 by ReAppollonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius

That would be Sophia, the feminine aspect of reality, she is the physical universe, she is the Mother and womb of creation, she imparts Wisdom through the experiences she offers.

Whether it's riding in a fast car, skydiving, watching TV or what have you, she is what constitutes Earth and its physical nature, she is what we see and interact with.

The Teacher is our physical experiences where for instance touching a fire for the first time taught you to never touch fire again or the first time you had sex it taught you it was good and that you should do it. Wisdom comes with age, the more experiences you have had, the older you are.

The Logos is the mind learning from said experiences.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Essentially that is my main reason for saying that, Sophia the myth most inspired my thinking but it also works fine as simple logic without the myth. It's probably my favorite of all myths of the sort of Sophia it gets pretty complex when you start with Achemoth or Barbelo, etc because you have to read many Greek words untranslated and then you got to pause and check the footnotes. I think the book is worth it for the footnotes though. You don't usually get that online with those texts.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Ultimately we are all a part of God's imagination.

And what an awesome imagination God has!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ReAppollonius

"Sophia the myth most inspired my thinking but it also works fine as simple logic without the myth"

Myth perhaps but the silk road was open during early christian times and Sophia (from Apocryphon of John etc) has an Hindu counterpart called Shakti which I use as an avatar in respect for her. Regardless if she is a myth or not, we can probably agree that everything is a manifestation of GOD so the finer points of what is real or not, is probably lost in the illusion of Maya.

“A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.”
― Gautama Buddha

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

There is no death because the Spirit does not perish, only the Earth does, it grows old and outdated so it dies and withers away which is when the Spirit leaves the body. If the Spirit is eternal, that means that ultimately we are as well because we are all living a spiritual life in a physical body and as we know life always finds a way, we are proof of that.

Actually, the Earth regenerates, re-integrates, re-incorporates, and is ever forming anew. The decay of the old provides the building material of the new. This has been an ongoing process for billions of years.

The concept that a Spirit Father God as source of all, with Spirit Mother as an emanation of, and therefore lesser than, or even flawed in some way, the source of incompleteness, by being not the One, but a partial emanation of the One is a modern (unknown before c 500s B.C) notion, coming from predominantly Greek (Western) schools of thought.

I haven't read this book, but the author seems to be fairly well qualified to write on the subject:

About the Author

David Fideler studied ancient philosophies and religions at the University of Pennsylvania and holds a Ph.D. in philosophy and the history of science. He is the editor of The Pythagorean Sourcebook and Library, the journal Alexandria: Cosmology, Philosophy, Myth, and Culture and the Cosmopolis Project website.
In Restoring the Soul of the World, David Fideler throws light on the unexamined connections between science, religion, and culture, and how our deepest worldviews have influenced the ways we relate to the world, other people, and our innermost selves.

This book traces the ancient vision of living nature along its entire course: from its roots in the World Soul of the Greek philosophers, to its eclipse during the Scientific Revolution, to its return today. Drawing upon the most important scientific discoveries of recent times, Restoring the Soul of the World shows how the mechanistic worldview has broken down, and presents a new vision of living nature and our own intrinsic bond with the deepest structures of the cosmic pattern. By learning from and collaborating with nature’s intelligence, we can bring the world to fruition, Fideler suggests, by viewing nature as a teacher and creative partner — and help to regenerate the Earth’s living systems.
Restoring the Soul of the World: Our Living Bond with Nature’s Intelligence | by David Fideler

Here's a song that explains it all.

ETA - Here is a link to an interview: David Fideler in conversation with Joanna Harcourt-Smith about his recent book, Restoring the Soul of the World: Our Living Bond with Nature’s Intelligence
edit on 16-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Earth is transitory and is in a constant state of change but it is still where death happens, death is only one of the transitory properties of the physical universe, that doesn't mean it is "less" than the Spirit though because it is a reflection of the Spirit and is perfect in every way.

I didn't mean to make it sound as though I thought the Earth is less than the Spirit, I don't believe that at all.

top topics

join