It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gangster toddlers? Secretive CA gang database included 42 profiles for 1yo children

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

An explosive state audit of a secretive California gang database used by law enforcement showed 42 profiles were for 1-year-old children, half of whom apparently confessed to being in gangs.

Of those profiles for 1-year-old children, 28 were entered for “admitting to being gang members,”

CalGang is a shared criminal intelligence system that law enforcement agencies throughout the state used voluntarily. It is where they entered the names of suspected gang members

The database, including more than 150,000 suspected gang members and affiliates, was maintained by law enforcement. The audit found there was almost no public transparency or scrutiny of the work.

Auditors found the database violated a state law that took effect in 2014 that required law enforcement to notify juveniles and their parents or guardians before adding them to the database

Source

Here's a prime example of police incompetence. A statewide gang database included several 1-year olds who supposedly confessed to being gang members.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

If you think that's an error you're obviously not a parent.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Wouldn't doubt that if you look at these kids parents, that they would most likely be attached to some gang.
Labeling them 'for future reference'

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Here's a prime example of police incompetence. A statewide gang database included several 1-year olds who supposedly confessed to being gang members.

While I would never dispute the incompetency of government at any level is there a possibility that some of these 1 year olds are in fact gang members? They have been known to use coercion (crying), assault (puking up on you) and destruction of property (generally just breaking stuff) to get their way.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Is it possible that some of the kids just had the same name as an older person who was in a gang, and thus the record keepers got the wires crossed? It wouldn't be the first time that mistake has been made.

Hell, having lived overseas half my in-country records are likely still listed under my first name instead of my family name. Local naming conventions are a bitch.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My son is 1.5 and he bites and throws toys and does this BS where if he doesn't get his way immediately he flexes all his muscles and grunts at you. Hes straight up challenging you to deny him his desires just one more time...... I call him Gangsta Goldie Bear Lol.

But in all seriousness, this is a sad, sad oversight by whoever runs this database. Come on whoever you are....

-Alee

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
My son is 1.5 and he bites and throws toys and does this BS where if he doesn't get his way immediately he flexes all his muscles and grunts at you. Hes straight up challenging you to deny him his desires just one more time...... I call him Gangsta Goldie Bear Lol.

I knew I was right. Little thug ass punk toddlers.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

But in all seriousness, this is a sad, sad oversight by whoever runs this database. Come on whoever you are....

-Alee

I'm going to have to agree that all toddlers are gang members and that this database was on point including them.

Especially getting them to admit it, that's solid police work right there.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Hundred bucks says most of them will turn out to be criminals, if statistics have anything to say about it.

edit on 15-8-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Perhaps they seen this video and decided they needed to be more progressive?

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're totally right, look at this face..... And this was only a year ago, when he was 6 months, hes much more gangster now.

"Yeah, Happy 4th of July, capisce?"

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he were on some sort of list. I wouldn't be surprised if I found a gang meeting of other toddlers when I came home from work. Maybe these database people are on to something.

edit on 8/15/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

He seems to be pointing and saying, 'You! Yeah, you! Go get me another 40!'.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

a reply to: tothetenthpower

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're totally right, look at this face..... And this was only a year ago, when he was 6 months, hes much more gangster now.

"Yeah, Happy 4th of July, capisce?"

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he were on some sort of list. I wouldn't be surprised if I found a gang meeting of other toddlers when I came home from work. Maybe these database people are on to something.

Is he flashing gamg signs ?

You got to watch them like a hawk.

❤️

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
Yes, that is a gang sign. He is obviously a members of the 4th Street Kings.
Please, someone lock him up!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Several . . . . . You mean 28. WTF. How is a 1 year old child going to confess to being in a gang? Officer: "hello ma'am is this your child? He sure is cute" (baby reaches for shiny Police Badge) "uh oh, your child just threw a gang sign, he must be a crib, . . .I mean Crip"

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If people sign up for things using their kids SS number, then you could have a data base with one year olds,

not saying that is what happened, but don't under estimate gang bangers

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Darn baby gang bangers! Be on the look out for this cute little guy.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some do act and think like a 1 year old. Is the age listed actual chronological age or apparent age...

Anyway, I bet entries are just entered with no oversight or actual guidelines.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I love you all, this has been like the best thread ever. Thanks for the laughs everyone!!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

And 38 of them just got registered as "Democrats" and will be casting ballots this election season...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join