It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only above average IQ allowed to vote??? (revisited)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
OK. So my original thread was moved to the Political Mud forum or some such place that is not accessible to me. I was asked to restart this thread here...somewhere in the politics page.

I can't really get it to fit just right anywhere so I put it here. IN all my confusion about this I now can't find the link that I had just found...

I read on a Raelian page somewhere (www.rael.org) (trying to relocate the specific link) that one of thier beliefs is that only people who are of above average intellegence should be allowed to vote.

So just what is above average intellegence??? I think that would be an IQ test of 100.

Be open minded here. I am just interested in peoples thoughts about this and I will get the link as soon as I locate it.

Sorry to all who posted earlier but our posts are apparently somewhere that I can't get to, have to purchase a membership with ats points and I do not have enough. ( I just spent them getting a title or something under my name...)

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
OK. So my original thread was moved to the Political Mud forum or some such place that is not accessible to me. I was asked to restart this thread here...somewhere in the politics page.

If that one was moved what leads you to believe that this one will not?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by Cherish

If that one was moved what leads you to believe that this one will not?

The first one was in Religion.

It's really just a temporary situation. Nobody can get in the General Ideology Forum right now. Just a glitch. The original thread will be available again once fixed.

So consider this a temporary thread or something. Maybe a cousin.

We'll link 'em later or something.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It could be moved again, I suppose.

Here is something I found from the wikipedia...but it isn't the link that I remember...am still looking for it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Geniocracy
The Raëlians promote a new form of government that they refer to as geniocracy, or rule by geniuses. It advocates a requirement of having at least 50% more than the average intelligence potential (though not IQ) as based on a test in order to run for office, and at least 10% above average in order to vote. Thus, even though electorally structured as a democracy, such a regime would be a representative oligarchy.

I have to look up 'oligarchy'...not familiar with it....oli meaning scant amount, like "oliguria" which means decrease urinary output....hummm.

P.S. Thank you Rant!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Here is more on the topic of having geniocracy...this is scary stuff, I think

www.meta-religion.com...

The Raelians advocate a political system that only allows the most intelligent people to govern. Writes Rael, "What kind of people allow humanity to progress? The geniuses. Therefore your world must appreciate its geniuses and allow them to govern the Earth...(1986:85) We are talking about placing the genius in power, and you may call that geniocracy(87)." The Eloha explains that in a system of geniocracy, only individuals with an intellect 10 percent above average should be allowed to vote, while an intellectual capacity of at least 50 percent above average would be required to be eligible to hold a governing position.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Original Topic Back Open:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cherish, this particular thread isn't really helping your point.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
Cherish, this particular thread isn't really helping your point.

brimstone,
I guess you are snarky as you state. The link to the oiginal thread is posted before yours.

I am not sure you understand my point, anyway. Read the original one.

new topics

top topics

join