It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America Profiling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I have been a customer of Bank of America credit cards, one for business, one for personal use, for over 20 years. Suddenly, they are asking what country I am a citizen of, where I live (they mail me bills every month already!), where I was born, and what I do for a living/my income source. They say they are "Updating my profile and filling in missing parts". An update reflects Change. There have been NO changes. They seem to be Increasing their profile. What's next? A loyalty pledge? This seems excessive and intrusive as they already have enough info on me. Social Security number, date of birth, , probably where I was born?, where I live, if I PAY MY BILLS, etc. They have mailed me a letter, emailed me, and phoned me about these questions. Bank of America is a giant corporation. They can Google me or use their other vast resources and probably find out more about me than I can! Has anyone else been hassled like this?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hello, this is Mandroid with your bank, we have an issue with your card, I need to verify your password matches the one we have on file. This is a security threat, please send it over immediately!

a reply to: jaxnmarko

"They say they are "Updating my profile and filling in missing parts."

Banks don't generally do that, if they want info, they will have you come into a branch.

A data miner is what it sounds like.

I would cut off communication, and verify in a branch, if you can. imo

-I just sorted out a data theft of $5000 on my account 2 days ago.

Sucked BIG time!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
make sure the banker is a Nigerian price on the side

That's sounds shady AF

I would go into your bank with all the info, so if it is some type of fraud, they can try to catch him

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why are you still doing business with one of the Great Satans?

Get thee to a Credit Union. And yeah, you're being harassed by a phisher but that's just one more reason to switch to someone local.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
I have been a customer of Bank of America credit cards, one for business, one for personal use, for over 20 years. Suddenly, they are asking what country I am a citizen of, where I live (they mail me bills every month already!), where I was born, and what I do for a living/my income source. They say they are "Updating my profile and filling in missing parts". An update reflects Change. There have been NO changes. They seem to be Increasing their profile. What's next? A loyalty pledge? This seems excessive and intrusive as they already have enough info on me. Social Security number, date of birth, , probably where I was born?, where I live, if I PAY MY BILLS, etc. They have mailed me a letter, emailed me, and phoned me about these questions. Bank of America is a giant corporation. They can Google me or use their other vast resources and probably find out more about me than I can! Has anyone else been hassled like this?

AOL is now doing that also for the email service.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko

all organizations that have power are profiling everyone.

I use a website to search and apply for jobs. Each time they ask for key data. Many job advertisements require the job seeker to go the company website and complete and "online application." The online application always demands extensive personal data which they will never need until the person is hired.

Every job I have ever had, I have had to give up the same personal data all over again so what happens to the online data collected. sure, its in their privacy policy but yea right, but there is no such thing a function creep is there?

Not strangely, I find American companies have the worst application processes and demand the most extensive data.

The bigger these organizations are the more invasive they are.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Seriously, you owe a corporation like BofA absolutely ZERO loyalty. 20 years or not, I'd switch your credit lines to another bank or institution--I opened up a BofA account when I was joined the military back in 1998, and I ended up walking away from them completely in 2014 because they are just a shady bank that is absolutely unwilling to work with you, regardless of your loyalty or the fact that you ALWAYS make payments on time.

Even if this is just a scammer, I'd still move to another financial institution. The smaller the institution, the less likely you are to be hassled.

top topics

join