It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover Evolutionary Advantage For Homosexuality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Mental illness can be an inherited genetic thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

There are evolutionary advantages to forcefully mating with any female of your species you come across as well. And to killing off all your male rivals.

Absolutely correct.

However, the follower of either of these reproductive strategies would soon discover that they place him in direct confrontation with the strongest, smartest and most aggressive members of his species, including, of course, his own sons and father. So he is far more likely to end up dead than bed.

edit on 15/8/16 by Astyanax because: maybe I didn’t make it obvious enough the first time. I mean, you never know.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lortl

every post you make is religiously motivated and you wallow in spreading hoerse########

If that's the way you see it.

I've found it helps one's credibility to know how to spell "horses#" when accusing others of spreading it, though.

I'm an English tutor on the side. I can help you out for a nominal fee, if you'd like.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Yep, plenty of children need loving parents. Adoption should be the default go to before IVF.

Once all parent less children are adopted sure, IVF away.
edit on 16-8-2016 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: RobotBomb
If two individuals can't breed and produce offspring there is ZERO evolutionary advantage.

ever though tthat MAYBE being gay was specifically natures way of controlling the population?

I've had a side theory that homosexuality served to provide more helpers in a social unit (family) who had a distinct interest in providing for the siblings and cousins that were interested in procreation. Healthy family relations would ensure that the DNA was passed on to the next generation.

Problem is that theory would mean that gays are approximate to drones. They don't seem to present that behavior.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Being gay is a gift from god (if you believe in that sort of thing). It's society's backward interpretation of dogma that makes being homosexual socially unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Yep, plenty of children need loving parents. Adoption should be the default go to before IVF.

Once all parent less children are adopted sure, IVF away.

Easy to say when you can conceive. "F# you, I've got mine!".

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

It's true.....I don't disagree.

I have mixed feelings.....maybe I'm not anti IVF for straight couples incapable of conceiving but for some reason i am anti-gay and lesbian couples having children through IVF / Donor

Wow....i'm discriminating. Not cool......although maybe gay and lesbian / straight couples incapable of conceiving are discriminating against children awaiting adoption.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

i support gays and lesbians having babies but i think surrogacty is wrong and just using third world people as baby vessels to have first world desires. they pay some india girl $4000 to carry the baby then take it away for a gay or lesbian couple and i dont agree with this

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join