It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 10

page: 133
<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Now that was truly nice to read. I kept checking the name to make sure you meant me! I have only one thing to say to that:

Prrrrrrrrrr

And it takes courage, or perhaps lunacy, for a fish to purr!

Trust me, you don't want to read my journal! I had to abandon the mission many years ago as the damn thing began to read me!

Fishy

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Take care Honey!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

I would love to read your journal as well Fishy!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'd just like to share an excerpt from a book I've started reading today. The areas where the quote signs end followed by dots merely mean I skipped a few words or lines. Oh and hello everyone.

"For the first time he was living for a large part of the day away from home among strangers who neither knew nor cared what happened to him. Loneliness, too, played an important part in the sudden change that came over him.

Inevitably the boy found solace in a dream world, sank deeper and deeper into himself, and cherished more and more the one talent he thought he possessed-drawing."...."If there was any safety, it was outside the home and outside the lessons, in no man's land where a boy walks alone, lost in dreams."...."To the end he would remain a man walking alone, lost in dreams, declaring war on a world he despised."
edit on 1-9-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ah, shucks, now I need to go tame my Ego again, but thanks beautiful lady.

Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!

Fishy

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Oh Martin, I had to make a comment.

That pic always cracks me up

This is the "Happy" expression of most people where I live.

"Rough day aye?" "No, things are pretty good"
I all ways wonder what they would look like if things were bad???
Maybe it's the water here, we have lots of agriculture.

My prayers are with you dear.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

.....saw some baby snakes in a box. Turns out they were copper heads. Wow. Just great. Lucky I didn't get bit!

Well yes it is very fortunate you weren't bit, but....snakes are an excellent sign of transformation. They shed their "hide" and grow, and with poisonous snakes the teaching is you may have to apply some aggressive behavior to achieve your goals.
I do hope you maintain your health, this all sounds so terribly stressful.
edit on 1-9-2016 by WalkInSilence because: I have no idea what happened

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, I'm not sure if I blew the dates or not. I'm still chatting with said person, but saw that she deactivated her profiles online, and I followed suit.

She hardly responded all day, and somehow I got a feeling I did something wrong; not sure how I'm going to get to sleep tonight. Feeling like my high-school self did the night before Prom.

Aside from all that romance drama - I can't believe Labor Day weekend is almost here! I'm already planning to go kayaking one of the days (and Ren Fest of course). I may just sleep in the last day.

Seeing as no-one is still awake I'll just retreat back to my room. Good Night Shed'rs!
-foss

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am just going to jump in here.

Happy Anniversary to both of you. It takes two???
I consider you very fortunate.
37 years. I searched far and wide I found that alabaster is the mineral of your year. A stone used through out the ages for art work.
This was the only piece I liked, a big hug to you and I hope to celebrate fifty with you both. On or off line.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
What sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssup everybody?

Copperhead

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm here all night, most nights. Tending my corner.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Sounds like a good book Moon, what is the title and who is the author?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClownFish

Ah, shucks, now I need to go tame my Ego again, but thanks beautiful lady.

Good luck at the doctor's tomorrow!

Fishy

Thanks dear Fishy! I will be a zombie as I have to leave the house by 9 am. Gawd! Hope the Doc doesn't ask too many Questions. I don't want to be sitting there saying ..."Um...I don't know." I know there be bloodwork and some kind of test/tests ordered. GAH!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good Night to all and all a good Night.

May our dreams enrich us and bring us knowledge so we can live our lives with joy and compassion.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It is rather interesting, though people seem to think I am reading it for the wrong reasons(despite not reading them for those reasons). It is The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler by Robert Payne, published in 1973. The introduction is great, which is rare for me to say.

The portion I shared is from when he was maybe 12-14 shortly after his older brother(or step brother) passed away.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Foss, sorry your date thing didn't work out. Maybe she got busy with some things and will still get back to you. I want to see pics of that Ren Fest!!!!!

WIS, what a lovely sculpture! Thanks for the Anniversary wishes!
Hugs!

Hi Rider! I was wondering what a copperhead snake looked like and was too lazy to look it up. Thanks for sharing!

Jin glad to see you are still around.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Good Night to all and all a good Night.

May our dreams enrich us and bring us knowledge so we can live our lives with joy and compassion.

OMG, I might have to steal that pic! I love your poetic way of writing oh wise one!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

It is rather interesting, though people seem to think I am reading it for the wrong reasons(despite not reading them for those reasons). It is The Life and Death of Adolf Hitler by Robert Payne, published in 1973. The introduction is great, which is rare for me to say.

The portion I shared is from when he was maybe 12-14 shortly after his older brother(or step brother) passed away.

Now that something I never would have guessed. Such a hateful and evil man. I wonder if the book will reveal what made him like that?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I know right? From that segment I don't think anyone would have guessed, even with the declaring a war on the world bit, though I feel many youth do that while, well, in their youth. Hmm, let me see if there is a bit from the introduction that isn't too long that explains or gives a possible explanation in any case.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
"Very early in his life he saw that he was alienated from other men, shared few of their enjoyments and ambitions, and could dispense with their company. He lived alone, cherishing his loneliness and singularity, reaching out for other men only when he needed to use them."

"From a very early age he was at the mercy of his dreams. August Kubizek, who knew him in his youth, has described how Hitler wandered through the streets of Linz, dreaming of the day when he would raze the city to the ground and create it anew in a shape more to his liking. Even then there was a terrifying urgency in his voice. When he went to live in Vienna, he was full of plans for destroying it and rebuilding it."

new topics

top topics

<< 130  131  132    134  135  136 >>

join