It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I Play my Electric Guitar in the Car?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Best way to find out is asking you my friends

My electric guitar is not wireless, my car has Bluetooth and also a USB charging option. I'd like to find an affordable option to play my guitar in the car. Can you help me?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
With an air guitar, that i play sometimes, i maybe could help you, but with an e-guitar i am sorry, i can´t...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

There's this

and this

Guitar to USB

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
hopefully while the car is in park.

and with a mini guitar amp

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Loud.
Really
REALLY
LOUD

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Standard high wattage car amp and a 12vdc Behringer xenex mixing board with effects. That was easy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Like an ace, duh:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
One of these, a head unit with aux jack and a lead. Cheapest option.

www.gear4music.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All the above...

Preferably in the backseat (not driving) and with the top down.

Or just ride in an RV.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I do all the time...you sure can. Ive got a HOTWATT, small digital effects box/w headphone jack. Has digital delay and in your headphones can make you sound lke your live-full fx, distortion, stereo delay.

Mine cost under $100...had it for years and years...and when I got a new car...my new car has a stereo--headphones, bluetooth or device-in... to plug devices in and use car stereo.

That being said? My old car? Headphones with battery HOTWATT/w FX...my new car? Straight into the car pinjack...

There are dozens of ways and small fx boxes or bluetooth-devices since I bought mine years ago. Matter of fact...mine is nearly 20-some years old..has fx, distortions, stereo delay and is digital....so even now...its up to modern play without amp abilities...but you CAN go and plug it INTO your amp at home too.

Check out your local music store..Good luck. Hey? Let me know...MS
edit on 14-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: just released hospital...typing slowly...........!

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Buy a Volkswagon like John Mayer...

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Best way to find out is asking you my friends

My electric guitar is not wireless, my car has Bluetooth and also a USB charging option. I'd like to find an affordable option to play my guitar in the car. Can you help me?
Affordable? How about a Danolectro Honey tone practice amp? It runs on a 9 volt battery or an AC adaptor and you can find them for about $20. Is that affordable enough? I hope so lol, because that is one of the most inexpensive and one of the better sounding mini amps.
edit on 14-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Technical difficulty

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks for all replies and advices. I'll consider all of them. Good job my friends

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have found the Micro Cube from Roland to be very good for a battery amp. Of course, any portable amp (and an impedance adjustment with a re-amper) and you can even listen to takes on the amp while you're driving home from the session.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
why would you want to play your guitar in your car?

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

I want to use the car's audio system instead of an amp if possible. Want to go far away and play for my wife.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can you plug or bluetooth your ph into your car system? If so I would consider getting a guitar interface (I use an apogee) and run it thru a virtual amp app in your ph. Bias, JamUp, Ampkit and Amplitude are a few good amp apps.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

That's a great way to do it.

Also, you might be able to find an old Pod and hook it up with a cassette input (worst case scenario).

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
POD app on iPhone w/ the correct leads
OR
Kong Pandora (that's what they used to be) multi effects unit or similar....Tiny title things.. Awesome amp sounds and effects. Full stereo with 3.5mm output jack. Plug it straight into the car stereo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join