It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey removes the legal age of sexual consent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠� ��😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠� ��😠

Sick people

You mean the people who made the story up in order to incite hatred? Yep. Very sick.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: Spacespider

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: Spacespider

Well the "international news" are owned by people with political interests so not all important news becomes mainstream news only those that serve a propose.

Here are some more sources:

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

I seen all of those links, none of them are credible to me. The first is even called NSNBC, which is obviously supposed to look like MSNBC. There are sites with names similar to NBC ABC and CBS as well, they all publish fake sensationalized news that tricks people who aren't paying full attention to the URL.

As skeptical as I may be of the media, that fact about political interest goes both ways. There are political interests that would love to publish anything that makes Turkey look bad. It fit's perfectly with the "muslims are ass backward" narrative, especially with edrogan's recent behavior, but it's something I find difficult to hide if it really did happen.

Ok your turn..

List me EVERY media source that would be acceptable to you

no. i'm not interested in a source measuring contest. I read both major and small blogs, but these are all bad sources.

NSNBC is designed to trick people as a fake MSNBC, you don't make your site look like a fake version of other news sites if you don't intend to trick people.

Brietbart lost their credibility with me when andrew was still alive, and it's only got worse.

MEforum bias agenda driven reporting with low standard of journalism, (aka propaganda)

Newsner is a horrible click bait site, it includes click bait about old men pooping themselves in grocery stores and the incredible responses do-gooder citizens had. also as a URL ridiculously close to Newser.

The others discuss meetings between Turkish diplomats and Austria over turkey's outrage at these false reports. Did you actually read them?

Well good for you then
must be great to not believe in anything at all
Have fun with that

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Basically your whole reply boils down to a padded out version of
" I'm not homophobic, one of my best friends is gay, BUT..."
But Islam related of course.

No it wasn't, I said I grew up in the melting pot but I never claimed to have Muslim friends, because I don't. You're the one with all the middle eastern friends.

My point is I'm open to many cultures/religions. The middle eastern people I met in Chicago were mainly Jews. During Carter we ran into a bunch of angry Iranian students rioting at an immigration office once. Can't really call that a meet/greet and I left the area soon after.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere, if I come across any Muslim people I'll treat them as respectfully as they treat me, unless they defend child rape, then all bets are off.

Besides you and I are not the topic of conversation, Turkey is. Doesn't matter who I befriend or don't, the topic is about Turkey passing legislation favoring child abuse. We're not talking about a region, a neighborhood or a religious sect the whole country of Turkey has decided to do away with the age of consent. That is not a frivolous thing.

Imo there is no good reason to do that other than child rape. The fact they moved so quickly to legislate suggest it's something the majority favors. I can't believe the majority of Turks in reality are simply weak/powerless "victims" of extreme legislation.

Maybe Turks are rioting in the streets over this change but I haven't seen it in the news. No threads about angry Turks, wonder why? Maybe you/your friends are modern and moderate but when whole countries go extreme, I'm afraid your kind is quickly becoming obsolete.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

Basically your whole reply boils down to a padded out version of
" I'm not homophobic, one of my best friends is gay, BUT..."
But Islam related of course.

No it wasn't, I said I grew up in the melting pot but I never claimed to have Muslim friends, because I don't. You're the one with all the middle eastern friends.

My point is I'm open to many cultures/religions. The middle eastern people I met in Chicago were mainly Jews. During Carter we ran into a bunch of angry Iranian students rioting at an immigration office once. Can't really call that a meet/greet and I left the area soon after.

Now I live in the middle of nowhere, if I come across any Muslim people I'll treat them as respectfully as they treat me, unless they defend child rape, then all bets are off.

Besides you and I are not the topic of conversation, Turkey is. Doesn't matter who I befriend or don't, the topic is about Turkey passing legislation favoring child abuse. We're not talking about a region, a neighborhood or a religious sect the whole country of Turkey has decided to do away with the age of consent. That is not a frivolous thing.

Imo there is no good reason to do that other than child rape. The fact they moved so quickly to legislate suggest it's something the majority favors. I can't believe the majority of Turks in reality are simply weak/powerless "victims" of extreme legislation.

Maybe Turks are rioting in the streets over this change but I haven't seen it in the news. No threads about angry Turks, wonder why? Maybe you/your friends are modern and moderate but when whole countries go extreme, I'm afraid your kind is quickly becoming obsolete.

That's great and all, but the fact that you and others are still running with this story even though it pretty clear it's not true tells me all I need to know about your (plural) attitudes towards Muslims.

It's been pointed out a few times in this thread that there is no proof this story is real, yet you still decide to believe it. Why is that?

And to answer you...there is no rioting or angry Turks BECAUSE ITS NOT TRUE!!!

Or, EVERYONE in turkey is a child molester. One makes sense, the other is anti Muslim fantasy. Disgusting. Hope your guys are proud that you are contributing to spreading hate.
edit on 18-8-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Strange enough, i was expecting this story to break in Europe, where we have a lot of Turkish peeps.
Some of them are freinds of mine, terribly proud, but very nice peeps,who would NEVER condone this, you can't tar a whole nation with the same brush, many Turks have been/will be outraged at this.
If this broke where i live there will be hell to pay.

As it is i have not seen ANY mention of it in the press, so is the OP valid?
Dig deep my freinds....

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Whoa calm down people! I'm from Turkey and the real story has nothing to do with legalizing child abuse. Basically, the former law said if the girl is under 15, it's a rape. No questions asked. Constitutional court annulled this clause because these cases should be judged case by case.

Let's say, a 14 years old boy had sex with his 14 years old girlfriend, both willing. According to the annulled clause, it would be considered rape if the girl's parents take it to the court and the boy would face prison. These things happen you know. Minors under 15 can sometimes have sex with their gf/bf. No need to imprison a 15-year-old boy just because he had sex with his girlfriend. This is just a minor regulation for the betterment of the law. Child abuse is still one of the worst crimes in Turkey.

As a secular Turkish citizen, I hate Erdogan's policies more than you do but this one doesn't seem like one of them. Even Erdogan wouldn't legalize such a thing anyway. It is disgusting to think like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jaeart

I think so too, in any case, the OP hasnt been verified.

We are aware of Erdogan's dictatorship rule, i met some Iranians in the past who fled the Shah & also fled the Ayatolahs, these were good decent hardworking peeps who were forced from their homes by idiots who came to power.

I know, i fled the Thatcher regime.

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Kick the pedophilic bastards out of NATO NOW!

Medievil sick #s

Better yet, disband NATO and just stop all trade with these morons.

Seriously, what is kicking them out of NATO going to do for the kids? They have been aligning with Russia since the "coup". Mind you, sanctions are a bit of a joke as well.

Would be interesting to see if Russia has anything to say about this new...lack of law, their new BFF's have decided on. My bet is they could care less. Whatever it takes to bring a "balance of security" to the world, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Threads like this never cease to amaze and dishearten me. Is the thread starter and all those who came in yelling "pedos" and "child rape" including those happy to accuse Everyone in the country of being child molesters not embarassed?

No?

You all should be. Your should be ashamed by willingness to just accept this story as true with no proof as well as your reactions. Not to mention not a SINGLE retraction from any of you.

You know who you are and you should hang your heads in shame.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Did you read all the posts??

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Pretty sure I did. Why? Did I miss one?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Only the ones where peeps said the OP is wrong, not verified, and that a lot of Turks will be outraged at this, and the knee-jerk reactions of some of us is not the whole picture.
Erdogan is digging a hole for himself, most Turks want to be part of Europe.
But he's still holding his trump card (forgive the pun) which is the refugee deal.

Since Turkey shot down a russian fighter a few months back, everyone thought it would mean BIG problems, but no, Vladimir shrugs it off & goes to visit his mate Erdogan. If that had been any other country it would have been very serious provocation to the Russians.

Of course Putin would love to see Turkey kicked out of NATO, it's all very slick indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

Only the ones where peeps said the OP is wrong, not verified, and that a lot of Turks will be outraged at this, and the knee-jerk reactions of some of us is not the whole picture.
Erdogan is digging a hole for himself, most Turks want to be part of Europe.
But he's still holding his trump card (forgive the pun) which is the refugee deal.

Since Turkey shot down a russian fighter a few months back, everyone thought it would mean BIG problems, but no, Vladimir shrugs it off & goes to visit his mate Erdogan. If that had been any other country it would have been very serious provocation to the Russians.

Of course Putin would love to see Turkey kicked out of NATO, it's all very slick indeed.

Oh yeah, I know about the others saying the op is wrong. I was talking about the ones who said disgusting things about Turks and Muslims.

And I agree about Erdogan. Seeing what he is willing to do to his own people during that fake coup shows what a scum bag he is. I know a LOT of Turkish people and they all hate him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join