It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey removes the legal age of sexual consent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Turkey Removes the legal age of consent....... to be quickly followed by Britain, America and lets see...... say no more, say no more.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
Does anybody have this story on a site that's even a little credible? Seems like it would make international news. I googled it to find more sources, I don't care for most I've seen. Sounds like propaganda.

Well the "international news" are owned by people with political interests so not all important news becomes mainstream news only those that serve a propose.

Here are some more sources:

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

From what? That paragon of journalistic virtue: CNN?

LOL! Best zinger of the day! Take that- CNN.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is why they had their rebellion. Reason lost. This is what won.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Does anybody have this story on a site that's even a little credible? Seems like it would make international news. I googled it to find more sources, I don't care for most I've seen. Sounds like propaganda.

Well the "international news" are owned by people with political interests so not all important news becomes mainstream news only those that serve a propose.

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

And yet, they absolutely 100% would report this.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Culture and religion are two very different things.
For many people the two go hand in hand. It's often hard to distinguish between religion/culture, especially to an outsider.

I grew up in the cultural melting pot outside of Chicago. I met many wonderful, friendly people and the food is the absolute best, as diverse as the people.

I'm Native/Mexican American, I married a Serbian Orthodox man, first generation of his family born in the US. I joined his church when we married and saw for myself how intertwined food/culture/religion truly is, I believe it's similar for followers of Islam as well as other religions/cultures/ethnic groups etc.

I'm very open to a variety of cultures/religions but I'm extremely sensitive about child rape. Imo that's what Turkey wants to legalize/embrace because apparently it's such an integral part of who they are, they felt the need to act on it right away.

Apparently we don't share opinions or experiences. For me, bottom line, there's no compromise when it comes to child rape. Any culture/religion that embraces it disgusts me.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is something wrong with these people...you can say it's just the radicals or whatever, but this is Turkey, as a whole, making this legal. I stand by my personal views of Islam/Muslims, this just hardens those views. I think they're about 10,000 years behind in civilization.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

They are not behind any part of the world, if anything the money and connections they flaunt just shows how well such countries are connected. They do it to spite the west, they do it because they want to remain how they see the world.

It is very odd, I agree. Just as long as the west says no, they say yes.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting. All it is, a legal way to sexually abuse children and justify it. Now we are going to have sexual predators and child rapist moving or going to Turkey to do their crimes legally. I think if anyone from the us, tries to go there for that reason, they should be prosecuted after returning to the U.S.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Well. The coup didn't work as intended...

"How else can we tear a country apart from the inside out?"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hr2burn
There is something wrong with these people...you can say it's just the radicals or whatever, but this is Turkey, as a whole, making this legal. I stand by my personal views of Islam/Muslims, this just hardens those views. I think they're about 10,000 years behind in civilization.

Funny, cuz I'm Lebanese born andi personally hold a VERY low view of Christians.

After all, abortion clinic bombings and the Westbodo Baptist Church tell me ALL I need to know about them. Disgusting people are Christians.

By the way, can you please give me a link showing that the whole of Turkey voted for child rape? Or do you have....nothing to show other than an unreasonable view of 1.5 billion people. Because I can assure you that all my Lebanese,Turkish, Saudi, Jordanian friends and acquaintances are not 10,000 behind and are probable contributing more to the world than you or I.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

Culture and religion are two very different things.
For many people the two go hand in hand. It's often hard to distinguish between religion/culture, especially to an outsider.

I grew up in the cultural melting pot outside of Chicago. I met many wonderful, friendly people and the food is the absolute best, as diverse as the people.

I'm Native/Mexican American, I married a Serbian Orthodox man, first generation of his family born in the US. I joined his church when we married and saw for myself how intertwined food/culture/religion truly is, I believe it's similar for followers of Islam as well as other religions/cultures/ethnic groups etc.

I'm very open to a variety of cultures/religions but I'm extremely sensitive about child rape. Imo that's what Turkey wants to legalize/embrace because apparently it's such an integral part of who they are, they felt the need to act on it right away.

Apparently we don't share opinions or experiences. For me, bottom line, there's no compromise when it comes to child rape. Any culture/religion that embraces it disgusts me.

Basically your whole reply boils down to a padded out version of

" I'm not homophobic, one of my best friends is gay, BUT..."

But Islam related of course.

By the way, I assume you are ok with people blaming you personally for your governments decisions right? Right?
edit on 16-8-2016 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

I seen all of those links, none of them are credible to me. The first is even called NSNBC, which is obviously supposed to look like MSNBC. There are sites with names similar to NBC ABC and CBS as well, they all publish fake sensationalized news that tricks people who aren't paying full attention to the URL.

As skeptical as I may be of the media, that fact about political interest goes both ways. There are political interests that would love to publish anything that makes Turkey look bad. It fit's perfectly with the "muslims are ass backward" narrative, especially with edrogan's recent behavior, but it's something I find difficult to hide if it really did happen.
edit on 08pm06pm312016-08-16T18:21:27-05:0006America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Now would be the time to go spread some American Democracy under the umbrella of human rights. This is twisted.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Now would be the time to go spread some American Democracy under the umbrella of human rights. This is twisted.

Might be a good idea to check if this story is true first. Or is going in with false info the American way?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I thought by using the term American Democracy folks would see it as a facetious statement.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I thought by using the term American Democracy folks would see it as a facetious statement.

To be honest mate, on ATS, I have my doubts. Thanks for cleaning it up and glad you were being facetious.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

I seen all of those links, none of them are credible to me. The first is even called NSNBC, which is obviously supposed to look like MSNBC. There are sites with names similar to NBC ABC and CBS as well, they all publish fake sensationalized news that tricks people who aren't paying full attention to the URL.

As skeptical as I may be of the media, that fact about political interest goes both ways. There are political interests that would love to publish anything that makes Turkey look bad. It fit's perfectly with the "muslims are ass backward" narrative, especially with edrogan's recent behavior, but it's something I find difficult to hide if it really did happen.

Ok your turn..

List me EVERY media source that would be acceptable to you

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

nsnbc.me...

www.breitbart.com...

www.meforum.org...

en.newsner.com...

www.haaretz.com...

www.ndtv.com...

Ok your turn..

List me EVERY media source that would be acceptable to you

no. i'm not interested in a source measuring contest. I read both major and small blogs, but these are all bad sources.

NSNBC is designed to trick people as a fake MSNBC, you don't make your site look like a fake version of other news sites if you don't intend to trick people.

Brietbart lost their credibility with me when andrew was still alive, and it's only got worse.

MEforum bias agenda driven reporting with low standard of journalism, (aka propaganda)

Newsner is a horrible click bait site, it includes click bait about old men pooping themselves in grocery stores and the incredible responses do-gooder citizens had. also as a URL ridiculously close to Newser.

The others discuss meetings between Turkish diplomats and Austria over turkey's outrage at these false reports. Did you actually read them?

edit on 08pm02pm312016-08-17T14:16:24-05:0002America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠� ��😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠� ��😠

Sick people

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join