It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots and kills 73 year old grandmother during police shoot/dont shoot demonstration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This was a couple of days ago and I have not seen it posted here so I thought I would post it.

A florida cop shot and killed a 73 year old woman in front of dozens of onlookers during a demonstration showing why cops use force. The woman volunteered to play the victim and the cop the bad guy.

The cop for some reason fires at the woman hitting her several times and killing her. Not sure if he was supposed to have blanks, but why would you even fire blanks and not just use a damm cap gun?

Well The crazy part is this cop should have never even been a cop to begin with. Since he sicked his dog on a citizen almost killing him for riding his bicycle through a light.

This is the guy they decided to put in front of the public and demonstrate the use of force.

The whole department should be liable for manslaughter.

The officer who shot and killed a 73-year-old retired librarian during a police "shoot/don't shoot" demonstration in Florida was accused of using excessive force with his police dog and resigned from another police agency in 2013 for failing to satisfactorily complete a field training program.

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 12-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can't even begin to describe this situation within T&Cs.

"Mistake"...

Losing your keys is a mistake.

Shooting an innocent woman dead is not a mistake.
It's negligence of the highest order.

& that's assuming that this pig, who sets viscous attack dogs onto people, didn't know his firearm was fully loaded.

Let the excuses rain down.

edit on 12-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused
Sorry, but doesn't the premise of using real firearms in this 'exercise' seem to be a whole lot of STUPID?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Could you imagine being one of the onlookers? Speechless..

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Police should now realize that they are endangering their fellow officers all across the country when they kill people needlessly. They need to start thinking about the ramifications of their actions.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Sorry, but doesn't the premise of using real firearms in this 'exercise' seem to be a whole lot of STUPID?

Yeah movies even use fake guns. Wtf were they even thinking?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yea ,this happened few days ago. but hey... its just another day in american policing.
but the old lady was unfortunate.
we should not be shocked anymore. i want to sic a dog on him and maul him and ask him to stay calm and stop moving.

is this really what they teach at the academies around the country... i really wonder how a k9 scenario goes and what is the stature for releasing k9 on a suspect (which he wasnt) . the man was on his knees... but anyways.

it really pisses me off when my military uniform is held under the same umbrella as scared tiny little men with guns. get a forking desk job and stop, get off tax payer's youre supposed to protect and serve hard earn cash.

if only LEO had a UCMJ to abide by.... we would be quicker at routing out the unstable ones instead of waiting until they kill. this man would like have had another incident, its the paradigm for those types. and his chief would try to cover up. boils my blood.

edit on 12-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
Could you imagine being one of the onlookers? Speechless..

I would be like Im getting punked. Ashton where are you??

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is stupidity of the highest order. I mean WTF?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for someone to post pictures of her from Facebook holding an illegal firearm whilst smoking a blunt.

That seems to be the going rate these days for death by executioner.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ive been waiting to see this story brought here good on you OP.

A cop shoots several times and kills a grandmother during a 'shoot/dont shoot' demonstration exercise being held for the public. The dead grandmother volunteered because she was a strong supporter of the police. Simply indescribable.

Is this real life? How in the hell does that happen?

It should be second degree murder. Why the hell was his weapon even loaded? Seems the exercise failed and proved some things. Like death by execution is totally okay here in the USA.

This is like a story from TheOnion, except for it really happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

'Demonstration' of force before dozens of onlookers. Bang Bang Bang. Lesson imparted. Someone could try and convince me that he didn't feel the recoil from the first round, or that the kid on the bike deserved to be mauled on the ground by an attack dog.

Because kid didn't prostrate himself fully enough before the altar of the law.

3:45 in the video: "He's bleeding pretty bad under the armpit. Yah, just a severed artery. No big deal.

At the end, "Good boy, good doggy, you protected daddy".

"

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That video has made me VIOLENTLY mad.
How the hell did this guy (still)have a job that carries ANY type of authority?
what kind of reckless training is this anyway?
You cant just pull a fingergun and say bang?? Why would anyone think it is a good idea to use real guns with blanks??
Now a nice lady is dead.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
All I see is adrenaline. EVerywhere. And fear. I think this is why cops become this way. And a clueless overgrown law system.
edit on 8/12/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This story reflects what is going on now days with the corruption.

The demonstration which had been used two years never had a problem until this officer;

Weinberg took the man's case in June, and that's when he viewed Coel's dashcam video of the arrest and informed local media about the case.

"I told everyone that this officer was dangerous and he needed to be fired," said Weinberg. "If he had been fired like he should have been when he ordered that dog to maul my client for a minute and 47 seconds, then this wouldn't have happened."

The lawyer for the man who was mauled, was basically ignored on his concern.

Coel left the Miramar Police Department after 14 months of service in the Broward County agency. Tania Rues, Miramar police spokeswoman, said Coel resigned, but could not comment on the reasons why. Coel wrote a resignation letter saying he was resigning for "personal reasons;" the News-Press reported that he failed to complete an agency field training program.

Why was he evading the field training program?

But the guns are either supposed to be loaded with blanks or "simunition guns," which are real-looking weapons that fire a non-lethal projectile with reduced force. Knowlton was mistakenly struck with a live round.
-Op source quotes
No one double checked this officer for safety reasons? If so, wonder if he switched the firearm.
edit on 12-8-2016 by dreamingawake because: .

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Stupid mistake apparently. He loaded a magazine of live rounds instead of the one filled with blanks.

Another look

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
its negligence for sure, but you cant blame all of them, it was a accident that could have been avoided easily, they make sleeves that go in a revolver so you can not load live rounds, only blanks, you guys in the top of the replies are missing a lot of the facts.. and the OP is not 100% accurate either..

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Seems like a bad time to be absent-minded. I'd call this manslaughter or negligent homicide, especially given he has a history of inappropriate use of authority.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Judgement: Murder

Send him up the river and throw away the key.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
That video has made me VIOLENTLY mad.
How the hell did this guy (still)have a job that carries ANY type of authority?
what kind of reckless training is this anyway?
You cant just pull a fingergun and say bang?? Why would anyone think it is a good idea to use real guns with blanks??
Now a nice lady is dead.

I always thought that a gun was supposed to be looked at as "always loaded". Even if empty, don't point it at anyone, because it's "always loaded"

This happened years ago to an actor (Brandon Lee) with a stunt gun improperly loaded...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join