It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ORGANIZATIONS: Mullah Omar Releases Message Through Taliban.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
A message claimed to be authored by Mullah Omar has been faxed to reporters in which he states that claims his radical Islamic movement were ready to lay down their arms were false. The message was sent by Taliban spokesman Abdul Latif Hakimi, and timed to coincide with the start of the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha. The message stated that holy war was the only way to ensure the rights of Muslims.

www.news.com.au
"We want to make it clear to the aggressor forces and their puppet (Karzai) Government that the Taliban are not ready for any dialogue while there is even a single aggressor soldier in the country," the message said.

The governor of the south-eastern Afghan province of Paktia said this week that hundreds of Taliban fighters could abandon their insurgency as a result of talks under way between local commanders and the government via tribal intermediaries.

Assadullah Wafa declined to identify those he said were willing to stop fighting, but said the group he was in contact with consisted of both senior and ordinary Taliban members.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think that this message will be authenticated as have the recent messages from UBL. It has obvious references to Operation Lightning Freedom along with the non recognition of the Karzai government. I realise the message is timed to coincide with the Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha, but the timing is interesting in relation to the inauguration of George W. Bush.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Mullah who??? Oh yes .... him. Is that one-eyed jackel still
slithering around the Afghan countryside? Considering that
he once dared to break into a museum/mosque and take
the Prophet Muhammed's cloak out and put it on himself ...
and the fact that he would have young girls stolen from
their homes so he could rape them ... I'm surprised that
the locals haven't hung him from the nearest tree limb
by now. He must be hiding out in a cave ... or the message
is fake.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mullah schmoola, I have the best answer for him, a .556 round right through his taliban

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The failed attack on general Dostum shortly afterwards could perhaps be attributed to the mullah starting a new charme offensive...

[edit on 21-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This guy finally crawled out from under a rock to croak huh? He is pathetic!

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Id like to see more info about if the rumors of fighters considering laying down their weapons is true, and if so to what extent.
but if so

This could be a sign that his support/control is starting to drop rapidly.

A desperate grab at trying to keep his forces in line, when in reality, they have been sorely pressed, losing ground, support, and having to slink from one hideout to another.

Mabey ths USA is actually starting to break the will to be radical islamisits eh? Perhaps laying down their arms and going back to their normal life seems more appealing that having no place to run with a future of continuing being hunted for at least the next 4 yrs of the Bush term.

You dont always have to wipe out your enemy
breaking their spirit and will to resist works just as good.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by CazMedia]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I know that this is a stupid question but, he faxed the message? Wouldn't there be an ability to trace the fax? Surely they didn't travel hundred of miles to fax a letter, they should be nearby the machine no? at least in the same province?

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I know that this is a stupid question but, he faxed the message? Wouldn't there be an ability to trace the fax? Surely they didn't travel hundred of miles to fax a letter, they should be nearby the machine no? at least in the same province?

Nygdan, the fax was sent by a 'third party'.

Taliban spokesman Abdul Latif Hakimi

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm sure he wants to stick around and see how his good friend Osama's book does:

www.nydailynews.com...

new topics

top topics

join