It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only above average IQ people should vote????

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is a terrible idea. The best filter for voters is process. A person should be motivated enough to register, without motor voter laws, etc, produce a valid ID, and be able to understand the ballot. IQ is a valuable, but slippery concept. Democracy is for the common man.

If I could be concise and clear like this, everyone wouldn't have to hear me ramble so much. Rock on Grady!
Hey, will you run for office in my state? We need a benevolent governor badly.

[edit on 21-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Those of you who think bush is stupid awnser this.
He is president of the United states of america, the most demanding, stressfull job in the world which carries with it more power than any other position, who are you and what have you accomplished?
How much power do you have?
Its like a monkey insulting a man.

Just for the record, mwm...I have been a nurse for 23 years and have worked in a hopsital for all that time and before that for several years, as well. Nursing is a very demanding and stressful job. The job is so stressful that no one wants to do it and that is why we have a nursing shortage today.

I didn't get to be a nurse by my family paying for it. I worked while supporting 2 children while going to college and even won a scholarship. I graduated with honors and was (elected) class president for my graduating class. Bush could never do this kind of work.

How much power do I have? I have the power to save lives and to comfort the sick and infirm. I have the power to stand up for what I think is right.

How about you, mwm? answer the same, please.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
High IQ's???? Please, how hard is it vote?

Not only do you need half a pea of a brain to vote, but having some good eq helps as well...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish

Originally posted by mwm1331
Those of you who think bush is stupid awnser this.
He is president of the United states of america, the most demanding, stressfull job in the world which carries with it more power than any other position, who are you and what have you accomplished?
How much power do you have?
Its like a monkey insulting a man.

Just for the record, mwm...I have been a nurse for 23 years and have worked in a hopsital for all that time and before that for several years, as well. Nursing is a very demanding and stressful job. The job is so stressful that no one wants to do it and that is why we have a nursing shortage today.

I didn't get to be a nurse by my family paying for it. I worked while supporting 2 children while going to college and even won a scholarship. I graduated with honors and was (elected) class president for my graduating class. Bush could never do this kind of work.

How much power do I have? I have the power to save lives and to comfort the sick and infirm. I have the power to stand up for what I think is right.

How about you, mwm? answer the same, please.

I have the power to create jobs for my fellow americans, help small businessmen realise thier dreams, assst my clients in provding for thier future and thier retirement, crete a legacy to pass on to thier children, and the power to help over 50 eastern europeans thus far clinb out of the poverty they were born into, throw off the shackles of thier communst upbringing, and create a better future for themselves and their country.
However the power you and have is irrelevant as it ples compared to the power bush has to make this world a better place.
In other words like you, I have less power than bush.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Everyone knows that Einstein was a genius, but he couldn't pass the IQ tests they had back then for the life of him. IQ tests are faulty, and there's no reasonable way to get someone's intelligence.

Even so: ignorant
stupid
IQ
pious
Catholics were almost not allowed to vote in this country (potestant lead pposition) because they were subject to a ruler outside of America.

Scripture: Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's and to God what is God's. Some things, there's nothing in scriture about how you should decide...to take away people's rights because of their beliefs is EXACTLY what the Spanish Inquisition and England's version of it was all about....not to mention Hitler, just as much as the superrace thing is.

And as for superiority for inheritance....did you know that many people of Higer IQ have less functioning brains? lol...test was done in the 70s people, it's an ooooold test.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That's just plain stupid. Adolph Hitler had the IQ of a genius. Most sociopaths have high IQ's.....the topic of this thread is ridiculous!! The person who posted it should get some of this:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
And know ENGLISH! So there goes a few million republicans.... I mean illegal aliens being used by the republican party to get people voted in office in local government.....

Or IDK, reading might help, but again you lose republican voters.

or IDK, doesn't take orders from all mighty powerful invisable people that live in the clouds, and again you just get rid of the republicans.

HEY! Put these in! Finally take back the government!

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
How are we going to get our ATSNN submissions through?

How exactly is IQ messured? Those tests could rate an otherwise smart person as stupid. I don´t trust those tests. Intelligence can not be rated with stupid tests in my opinion. And no, I´ve never failed or scored bad on any IQ-tests... Anyone should be able to vote.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I just like the idea cause then the dems/liberals would take control.

But hell, I score high in IQ tests, but math sucks..... reading, history, some science I am great, but math...... 2+2=4, and that about it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join