It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Runes & Subliminal Magic Used In Ancient Times.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I was reading about ancient Runes aswell as their mystical properties and I wanted to give my opinion on this topic.

for those who don't know, Runes are the letters in a set of related alphabets, If you’ve watched anime or played video games then you probably seen it before, The name "Rune" itself, taken to mean "secret, something hidden". The origins of Runes may have originated from the Phoenician alphabet however researchers are still uncertain. The earliest runic inscriptions found on artifacts were used as magical charms , curses & omens. This form of practice would later be known as 'Runic magic' or 'Runic division'.

Basically how it works (in my opinion) is that these runes are nothing more than subliminal messages used to program the subconscious mind.

For example: lets say a man engraves runic inscriptions on a sword with a simple message like "best warrior ever".

(so in theory) the purpose of the runes would be to program the subconscious mind of who ever wields that sword in believing he's "best warrior ever". Not only that but the opponent fighting the person with that sword will subconsciously pick up that message & actually believe he is fighting against the "best warrior ever" , which will ultimately lead him in losing the fight or getting killed. As silly as that may sound this was how psychological warfare worked back then , Even if the person doesn't understand the runic writing , our subconscious mind already knows its meaning.

If you're familiar with NLP or Mentalism you would know how easy it is to control or influence someone's thoughts through the power of suggestion.

NLP is not only used to influence people's choices but also it can also control their physical actions as well.

Another "Magical" aspect that these runic writings may have is the power of words and it's influence on our physical reality ,
Which is the notion that by not only saying words but writing them down can have a physiological affect on living & perhaps non living things.

There are even some Indo-Europeans tribes involved in these type of magical practices like the Scythians , that would tattoo themselves with runic writing on their bodies.

So did these runic writings had any mystical properties? , I honestly don't know but I can Imagine Vikings with runes tattooed all over them must've looked pretty badass.

edit on 10-8-2016 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

I liked what you wrote about runes. It's true. Everything we experience has an effect on how we perceive things here. There are times one must back off and simply observe.

All language is Subliminal along with numbers, shapes and colours.

🇬🇧

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
I was reading about ancient Runes as well as their mystical properties and I wanted to give my opinion on this topic.

If you come across anything that states that Thoth (Futhark) runes have colour frequencies as well, then can you post it please.

Recently, i noted that all of Thoth's runes can be converted into a digital form similar to all digital numbers being constructed from a digital 8.

Apparently, Futhark runes needs 23 parts. 2^24 == 16^6. So the runes fall into #ffffff colours as well.
Example: RAIDHO ( Journey )

When the binary for RAIDHO is converted to decimal it gives 6489744 >> RBG (144,6,99)
edit on 10-8-2016 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That's really cool! Does it work for all words? Is there more written about this?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
That's really cool! Does it work for all words? Is there more written about this?

There is a live version of this on my site at

cornwall.esy.es...

Words can be converted to multiple old languages on

cornwall.esy.es...

Simply type in what you want, select a old language and view what those English words looked like in old text.

Click the language radio button a second time to convert the rune sentence into a image that can then be saved as a image.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Recently, i noted that all of Thoth's runes can be converted into a digital form similar to all digital numbers being constructed from a digital 8.

Are you referring to the Thoth tablets? , I've actually done some research on those tablets before and discovered that the Thoth tablet was written in a Hebrew Dialect used around the 1st century Bc. The Writing on the Thoth Tablet didn't represent any letters in the Phoenician alphabet but rather to Paleo-Hebrew.

Words can be converted to multiple old languages on cornwall.esy.es... Simply type in what you want, select a old language and view what those English words looked like in old text.

That's cool I always wanted to learn how to write in Gothic , thanks for sharing.
edit on 11-8-2016 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian
Are you referring to the Thoth tablets? The Writing on the Thoth Tablet didn't represent any letters in the Phoenician alphabet but rather to Paleo-Hebrew.

Yes. Interesting link with the Paleo-Hebrew alphabet - thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sounds like 'spell-ing' to me!
Interesting thread

a reply to: ancienthistorian

The earliest runic inscriptions found on artifacts were used as magical charms , curses & omens. This form of practice would later be known as 'Runic magic' or 'Runic division'. Basically how it works (in my opinion) is that these runes are nothing more than subliminal messages used to program the subconscious mind.

top topics

join