It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Apologies For Things

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress

I don't know whether to think of your post as a funny joke and laugh, or to panic.

You're kidding, right?

I would go with the 'panic' option.

I just used the Masonic Hotline to Hollywood and contacted her publicist who is preparing a statement that Janet is in fact not a dude and will prove it on live television in an effort to refute your claims. This may occur after youor bedtime so ask you parents nicely if you can view this spectacle.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

I've always wondered why anyone cares how many stars they get.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You can pretty much not take anything he says seriously. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I've always wondered why anyone cares how many stars they get.

Yeah I cared for the first 100 then forgot all about them, though I do occasionally see a pre-2006 member that didn't get the star glitch and feel bad for them hahaha.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
Oh phew...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement
You must have a lot of good posts, but not many threads. 870 posts and 3258 stars. That's a lot. How come you have less flags than me? It should be vice versa. You should have 200 flags at least!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to be mean.

I gave you the best response I could from someone who was a teenager who didn't see eye to eye with her parents, particularly her mother, and is now a mother herself, and has also worked with kids, particularly young teens, at most stages of my life.

What I was trying to be was honest.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
What I was trying to be was honest.

For the record I like that about you.
I may disagree a lot of the time but you are consistent and say it as you feel it.
I like that

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Nothing?

Not even that time when I told DBCowboy he was a handsome devil?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Because I rarely start threads, and the ones I have started are never current events or in popular forums.

Erm ... good posts ... yeah ...

A lot of my stars are from being witty and antagonistic, I'm not proud of it, but on the other side of the coin - a lot of the people merited that type of response and in a way that's part of my personality I guess. I'm working on it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Oh phew...

Don't listen to her kid, she would let you get into all kinds of legal troubles with Janet for calling her a dude where I can help prevent all that stuff from happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Dude, I'll tell you what I tell my son, and my wife, and some of my son's friends who apologize way too much--don't apologize for things when there is absolutely nothing for which you should be apologizing.

Look, you're not always going to get the responses that you want, and you're definitely not going to meet people on an internet forum who will generally have your best interest at heart (or even care about how their words may affect you). But that's okay, because that is a sample of life in general, and you will not always hear or encounter things that give you a warm, fuzzy feeling.

That said, if people are outright rude and disrespectful, the best thing to do is just ignore it--tell yourself that they must have had a crappy life and are trying to hide behind a computer screen and take it out on everyone else in order to make themselves feel better. Then, instead of replying, just move on to the next comment and forget that person even said anything. It's easy if you train yourself to realize that it's not worth your time nor your aggravation.

You'll be alright.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nothing?

Not even that time when I told DBCowboy he was a handsome devil?

Well... he is a handsome thing... okay, just that one time.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

... okay, just that one time.

I'll take it!

Batting .000001% is better than batting zero.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
All I can say is ...

Keep you head up, look everyone you come across dead in the eye with a stern look, and smile at all the old people.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Remember a scurvy dog learns how to survive. You will be ok. Just need to learn to let certain things just roll off your shoulders.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Remember a scurvy dog learns how to survive.

In my nine or so years here this has just moved to the top of my 'all time best advice ever given out' list.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thank you for contributing to the quality of our forums.

That thread I posted is not "quality".. It should be in the trash bin. Is that message legitimate?

If I were to take a guess I would say that DToM, who is a very nice person, is trying to encourage you to not feel bad and maybe go and speak with your parents regarding what was troubling you.

You get an applause for generating discussion. Doesn't matter the topic, whether it's good, bad, or ugly. As long as people are scrambling at the keyboards, that will usually earn some applause.

OP has cracked the code apparently

Now me? I'm a certified threadkiller...

edit on 9-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I must have been AFK for a while. I was having some tutor lessons. I really appreciate the positive attitude in this thread. This is by far the best thread I have. Maybe in an hour or so I'll create a new thread in "General Chit-Chat" that contains my aircraft pictures. I'll have to upload them all. It's gonna take some time.

Oh crap, my favorite show is on from 8:00 - 9:00. It's Night Court. I love that show so much!

I'm thinking about changing my signature (below) to my website logo. I'm gonna do it now.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
I'm quoting that and replacing my Steve Jobs quote with that.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join