It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Apologies For Things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
ATS is starting to feel like no home for me. There are one too many users who thrive to bash others' feelings. I pray to God that this thread doesn't get removed, as I'm just stating how I feel.

[snipped]

I don't feel welcome to ATS. I dislike being hated by people. I want to make friends. I want to be able to discuss my problems without being scolded and cursed at.

I don't even... I will try my best to give ATS some information on NRO satellites or aircraft. I will gladly share my aircraft photos. But now, things have changed for me. I used to love posting on this forum. I could act silly and make users laugh.

I'm sorry if I offended you. Please, please, tell me if I said something wrong that triggered you. I will gladly apologize to an extent. On that previous thread that caused most of you to bicker and curse. I over-exaggerated things. I sincerely apologize for that.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Can we all just become friends like before? I want to find a forum where I can be treated how you want to be treated. To be treated as a good friend. Not like a "scurvy dog".

I am very afraid to click on "post". I don't know how you'll react to this thread.

To the moderators: Please don't remove this thread. I'm sorry if anything here isn't... What's the word? Not "appropriate"... Un-fitting. My apologies. Just hear me out. Thank you!
edit on Tue Aug 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: TAC

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress
Is everything I posted appropriate to ATS? I don't want this thread to be removed. I worked very hard on it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Just stay away from certain section,s which to say is pretty sad, but the ats we used to know has long gone, when they started asking for money for me thats when it started going downhill and pretty fast.

Dont lose faith do, no all posters are stuck on the political cat fight.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
That's the kind of post I like, friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I am considering changing my avatar to this one 80s female singer I have a crush on. But my Black-Tailed Jackrabbit that I currently have is unique.

That was random... Well...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This forum has changed dramatically, even since I signed up. All the conspiracy and skeptical talk is shut down and told to shut up or leave without even a chance to explain themselves.
And it's been replaced with political jabber. I steer clear from those topics, I have attempted to get involved in a civil manner but get shut down and label as a certain political group. Which is not fair.

Just stick to the topics you are interested in, make topics which you believe in. And those who are interested will follow.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You'll be fine, some people here seem to relish being hated lol. Once you've got 6 month under your belt your skin will be thick as diamonds and the insults will bounce right off.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I want to be able to discuss my problems without being scolded and cursed at.

Yes, I remember now. You posted a thread about personal problems in your living situation that garnered a bunch of replies, many of which I can guess from your post above did not sit well with your hoped response from this community. I'm only guessing here.

My suggestion is simple. Don't bring your personal problems to a forum comprised of complete strangers who use pseudonyms many of which describe 'death and destruction' Not a wise choice. Basically it seems to me you are hoping for a home away from home, a place where you can sit down and be pals. I'd like that too, but have found that this, or basically any internet forum, is not the place to look for that kind of communication and friendship.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The internet can be a rough place. There are all kinds of people out there - some nice and many not so nice.

Don't let the not so nice ones get to you. Just try to let it roll off, and understand that sometimes people vent their own frustrations out on other people, especially strangers that they don't have to see face-to-face. Don't take it too personally. I know that's hard advice to follow, but a thick skin is required around here.

Try not to get into a shouting match with anyone here - it just ain't worth it, and you will get eaten alive.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

some people here seem to relish being hated lol

I quite like being hated. My favourite situation is when arguing with someone and they get say 10+ instant stars but the people awarding the stars haven't got the balls to post an opinion I can counter. That is fun.

To the OP, it's just digital words from anonymous people. It means nothing, don't let anonymous people affect your real life.
Happiness in real life is way more important.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I'm giving you a star for that post.

"Basically it seems to me you are hoping for a home away from home, a place where you can sit down and be pals."
That's why I came here. Until, well, yeah...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
You get a star

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I did a cursory glance over your past thread on your parents. You have nothing to apologize for here as long as you post in the right forum and play the posts, not the posters, however, I would be a little more accepting of your situation if I were you. You're young and you don't have the life experiences your parents have had, maybe they are having trouble between them. Many of us here grew up in much more "aggressive" times, you know like corporal punishment and all out beatings that leave physical and mental scars.

The more you put into something, generally the more you get out. It's normally like that with relationships, unless you happen across sociopaths and psychopaths, in which case run. Life can be a hard coarse road full of obstacles, most of which, people create for themselves. Or life can be like a river and you can flow with it through all the bad a good accepting the the things you can't change while focusing on those things you can change.

Grow, live, learn.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
And you get a star, along with an apology. Sorry for arguing with you.

EVERYONE GETS A STAR!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Haha no need for an apology! Remember, it's just digital words from anonymous people!
Means nothing...real life is the important one

...now quit yer bitchin' lol

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Yessir!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Its okay. You're young still, you have plenty of time to learn and adapt to the world especially with your generation being raised in the era of social media. I think most of us have at one point or another posted something online that was an over reaction and that may or may not have made us felt foolish afterwards.

You'll be just fine. How is your website going? Maybe if you're frustrated, take a little time away from ATS today and try to do some more stuff with your website. Switching gears for a little bit can help reset your mind.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

That's a standard message with an applause I think.

Applause can be given by mods, maybe that mod felt sympathy for you, or anything else really.

Its a good thing!

-Alee

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess
Great idea. I haven't updated it in a week.

I'm still worried about the applaud I got. Any suggestions?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join