It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apex predator mentality of society vs The Sun or The Grass.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Mankind, as a whole, emulates the apex predator. The goal is to be the biggest, the baddest, the smartest or the most powerfulll or for those in lower paradigms, who has the most stuff etc. Why?

Why is it that, upon perceiving a power differential tipped in the observers favor, the gut reaction of most human beings is to dominate, to assimilate? To use power as a blunt force weapon to force power away from those who have less.

Would it not be better if, instead, mankind emulated, the botoom of the food chain? Y'know, the sun, the grass, algea and plankton?

These links take almost nthing from their environments, and give with the totality of their being. If mankind could structure themselves this way, Violence would be seen as #ing retarded, which it is. Why force power away from this individual with your power, when you can use your power to elevate this individual, so that from your shared platform you can use each other to ascend to glorious heights?

In essence, I am asking- why violence? why greed, why hatred, when it has been proven since the dawn of history that these traits do nothing except bring more and more negativity?

Why not Cooperation, collaberation, trust respect and faith?

Is it REALLY too much todreamof? if so, why?!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Mankind, as a whole, emulates the apex predator. The goal is to be the biggest, the baddest, the smartest or the most powerfulll or for those in lower paradigms, who has the most stuff etc. Why?

No, only certain segments and individuals do that.

Why? Because they / we, the human race in civilized societies are trained and conditioned from birth to compete against one another (like in sports), to be divided along every line there is, class, religion, ideology, wealth, status, education, accomplishment, ad infinitum.

That division is used by the few to pit nation against nation for the elites vain notions of pride and power.

Scumbags. Drag them out, kicking and screaming.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It's built genetically in us. We used to hunt for food. We would dominate each other's land because of higher ranks wanting more land and resources. We became who we are now.

It's not hard to change, but there is a lot of humans to change which makes it harder.
It doesn't matter how much you want to change the world. The world didn't bring us, it forced us to be here and to watch us suffer. So we fight back and became stronger.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

No, only certain segments and individuals do that.

Why? Because they / we, the human race in civilized societies are trained and conditioned from birth to compete against one another (like in sports), to be divided along every line there is, class, religion, ideology, wealth, status, education, accomplishment, ad infinitum.

That division is used by the few to pit nation against nation for the elites vain notions of pride and power.

Scumbags. Drag them out, kicking and screaming.

It's a dirty circle and it's easier to join in.

OP, it's easy to take advantage and most do. Those left behind either carry on regardless or fall into despair, despite it being the 21st century and mankind coming so far we are still faced with the situation of many vs few. It's always a long drawn-out fight for every right we earn, but as Bob Dylan said "Times they are a changing".

The angered minority stopped a coalition declaring war on Syria, the few can drown out the majority. Especially with raised voices instead of shouting.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Can we make an exception for me at least. Like algae-predator, let's say!

edit on 4-8-2016 by ratskin32 because: norris

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What a boring life that would be.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It's a dirty circle and it's easier to join in.

No thanks.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The reason why i said humanity as a whole is because, its as you say. Almoat the entirety of our society is warped and twisted to get us tp be warped and twisted with ego and ignorance and viilence... Domination, on every line there is.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
What my op was begging, was that is it not time for use to use that strength gently? Y'know, 'let compassion rulw thy blade'?

Its time to be civilized a reply to: luciferslight

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

If the angered minority can cause a ruckus, his is it that the deeply disturbed majority is so thoroughly convinced it can do, nothing? This strangulates individuals like me trying to effect positive change.

ETA 'the times, they [have been] achanging' since before I was born. Isn't it time we stopped waiting for the times to change, and changed things for the better ourselves?
edit on 4-8-2016 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
The reason why i said humanity as a whole is because, its as you say. Almoat the entirety of our society is warped and twisted to get us tp be warped and twisted with ego and ignorance and viilence... Domination, on every line there is.

Once you realize that you don't have to play along anymore. Not necessarily unplug, just see their brainwashing for what it is.

Point it out to others.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hence, all of my threads since reclaiming my title

Im trying to go a step beyond pointing it out, by doing my beat to initiate action against it. reply to: intrptr

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
and why is that?
reply to: Orionx2

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
and why is that?
reply to: Orionx2

Everyone being exactly like each other? Watch the movie Demolition Man.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sometimes.. maybe more then we think, herbivores are more cruel then predators. It just they are ether that docile or really just oblivous or sloppy.

Most apex predator s don't have to be big, even though it a bonus, except maybe the Orca. They just have to be smart, and play offensive wether solitary or pack mentality. Most herbivore s are larger if not more powerful then mist of their hunter s, but just lack that charm or in sincr.
edit on 5-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The answer to all of your why's is that many Humans prefer illusion over reality. The illusion of power is tempting and can be attained no matter on what level you are. Thanks for your thoughts!a reply to: LucidWarrior

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, what would that look like?
a reply to: ratskin32

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
No, not everybody being like each other... Im gonna stay a stoner, my friends gonna still be a raiders fan, people are always going to have different preferences and ideas and personalities...

Its just that, when those differences cause problems, people will just practice civil, adult behavior and communicate with each other to solve those problems...

This is what society is supposed to be, right? 'I don't have to agree with you to like you' you can't just sweep problems under the rug the just fester and grow. You have to face your problems openly and in the light with other people, you have to communicate ti get on the samd level.

Hence, the op because communication is required to get cooperative communication started.reply to: Orionx2

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mankind is simply the dumbest animal in the animal kingdom.

When he gets a wild hair up his ass He is soothed by music and TV and Dumb Phones and Mc Donalds...Etc...

And when that doesn't work your girlfriend gets pregnant and you're forced to play the game.

Let's try to make the good things in life into things that don't destroy us or anyone or anything else.

I know there is a certain amount of damage everything does just by being here, but people always expect somebody or something else to deal with it.

We have it too easy.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Mankind is simply the dumbest animal in the animal kingdom.

When he gets a wild hair up his ass He is soothed by music and TV and Dumb Phones and Mc Donalds...Etc...

And when that doesn't work your girlfriend gets pregnant and you're forced to play the game."
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Yeah that's why I said the whole human race, because its corrupted our entire societal structure.

Only thing is, the fact that people are lazy greedy weak ignorant or passive, is a product if the cancerous system...
The problem exists mainly with the scumbags intrptr mentioned, those who have manipulated mankind to ,stay (?) Stupid and egotistical.

Its not easy to look inside and figure out what's wrong. Its a lot easier to look at how outside forces bring out the worst(and best) in us. That's the flaw in these scumbags plan. They may force a bunch into dominion. But there's always the ones who, when faced with the shackles buck and fight, aware of what the shackles mean. These are the ones who realize the depth of corruption our world is in, who realize how insidious that corruption is and how it grabs and twists at us... These are the ones who realize, based on thus manipulation(or however else) that fault exists in them and they resolve to iron it out...

I realize, it'd be much better to struggle quietly and internally., at least until I achieved the internal change first, but I figured, at the very start, if I was going to 'pursue enlightenment' then I would leave documentation of my trail, so regardless of my success at holding myself to my required standards, I might inspire others in some form or way...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join