It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange interview teaser with RT..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A couple of interesting teases in this clip previewing an exclusive interview for a weekend show on the RT network...

One, Assange seems to hint that there is a difference between the accusation of Russian hack, and the leaks...

Two, Assange poses a question in regards to the failed coup attempt in Turkey, and the head scratcher (things that make you go hmmm), that NBC posted a story that Erdogan was heading to Germany for asylum.... I don't remember that aspect, but it could have been lost in the chaos of the developing story....

Is this something we can dig into?

edit on Wed, 03 Aug 2016 21:43:37 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: sp

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
THis may just be new to me so forgive me, so I did some digging and found a short article that seems to confirm that NBC news reported:

Turkish president Tayyip Erdoğan is reportedly seeking asylum in Europe, as a military coup continues in Turkey, U.S. military sources tell NBC News. Erdoğan’s presidential jet was allegedly denied landing rights at Istanbul’s airport, before heading out of the country. He was then denied asylum in Germany, according to NBC, before heading to London.

kurdishdailynews.org...

I guess I can understand why Erdogan would suspect US involvement, considering Erdogan is still in control...

hmmmmm.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Once again, Assange strongly implies that the DNC emails came from a whistle blower.

I will wonder if it might have been Seth Rich until we hear otherwise.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I've always been curious, how does Assange get all his information he leaks? Is it hacks he does himself or does he have a network of hackers that send him the information he shares? Is he allowed to "hack" from the Embassy he's staying at?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I'm not sure that I totally understand "why" this would happen, but it does seem like those in Turkey feel certain the US was behind the coup attempt, for whatever reason.

Turks Can Agree on One Thing: U.S. Was Behind Failed Coup

A Turkish newspaper reported that an American academic and former State Department official had helped orchestrate a violent conspiracy to topple the Turkish government from a fancy hotel on an island in the Sea of Marmara, near Istanbul. The same newspaper, in a front-page headline, flat-out said the United States had tried to assassinate President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on the night of the failed coup.

When another pro-government newspaper asked Turks in a recent poll conducted on Twitter which part of the United States government had supported the coup plotters, the C.I.A. came in first, with 69 percent, and the White House was a distant second, with 20 percent.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
NBC was asked for an apology"

NBC News asked to issue an apology over false Erdoğan report during coup attempt

...The Turkish Embassy in Washington said in a letter that false reporting in such sensitive times for Turkey was a highly irresponsible act and further increased the already high amount of misinformation. The letter which was addressed to NBC News and producer Kyle Griffin, added: "It is outrageous that such important and sensitive information about the well-being of the Turkish President was handled in such an unprofessional way and was divulged without properly checking its validity and the credibility of the source."

NBC News withdrew its allegation later but it never acknowledged its mistake...

credibility of source, or failed op? the airbase at incirlik was surrounded, it may still be, their has been literally zero MSM news on the base this week, though #incirlik has tweets many of a single video of alleged protests outside the base.. amongst others asking why this situation is not being reported on..

another hmmmmm. wth is going on ?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

From what I understand, his outlet Wikileaks, is just a venue for whistleblowers, hackers to release information that they feel the people should be privy to...

The way that wikileaks continues to get that information, is by assuring the provider of the material anonymity...

My take on it..

YMMV

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Another bit of interest in things along these lines today. Erdogan made a direct accusation against US Officials taking part in the coup attempt.

Should be interesting as this continues to play out.

I personally liked the post-Cold War era. I'd like to get back to it ASAP.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

One, Assange seems to hint that their is a difference between the accusation of Russian hack, and the leaks...

Saw this earlier. Makes the distinction the wiki releases and the hacks are two separate things.

That was telling, the western press has been linking those to lump and blame Putin, Assange and Trump.

What will become obfuscated is the actual content of the Emails.

Shooting the messenger.

Now, why are DNC members resigning, again?

edit on 3-8-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Close ties between the Clintons and the U.S. Muslim Cleric Erdogan accused of initiating the coup.

New Ties Emerge Between Clinton And Mysterious Islamic Cleric

A newly-released email and lobbying documents filed with Congress reveals new ties between Clintonworld and members of a network operated by a mysterious Islamic cleric from Turkey.

Connections between Clinton and acolytes of the imam, Fethullah Gulen, could muddle the complex relationship between the U.S. and Turkey, a key NATO ally, if the former secretary of state wins the White House.

dailycaller.com...

...and...

Followers Of A Mysterious Turkish Islamic Cleric Have Donated Heavily To Hillary’s Campaign And Family Charity

dailycaller.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That was my take on it as well, Assange had tweeted much the same, it's like there is something in the first dump that we are still missing?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Backfired "wag the dog"?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: intrptr

That was my take on it as well, Assange had tweeted much the same, it's like there is something in the first dump that we are still missing?

The missing juicy bits. They get stick in the same 'filter' all the other millions of Emails do.

Any other servers in Hillary's basement?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't really support him anymore. Not because I believe that he is being treated unfairly, which he probably is but because he keeps promising big things and then when he is about to tell us what they are we have to wait for another interview and this happens over and over again with him. When he talks straight and stops making promises then backing down I'll get interested until then...please pass the mic.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If it was an inside whistle blower, then there could be a link to the Murder of that whistle blower kid. Someone might be looking for revenge for that kids murder, and wants to really damage the DNC and expose just how evil Politics is. I wonder if he was working with anyone that hasnt come forward.

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I remember that report. I was trying to keep up with the thread here on ATS and deal with a family crisis so my attention was getting pulled away often for a few hours. I remember reading the report that he was seeking asylum in Europe, then that he had landed in Greece. Made me go hmmmm.... why would he risk getting on a plane when he has plenty of bunkers? I got distracted and by the time I got back to the thread there was a link to a video he'd just made so all that talk was stopped.
Who in the US military was NBC relying on for their information? Was it a local source? I was told that all communications from the base were shut down, whatever stage of readiness they use for these situations. (Relatives of mine were in the Phillipines when they had their dust-up. Pretty scary for those on the base and those of us at home who couldn't talk to loved ones.)
I was told that the tweets that were being posted as being from the base were fake. People on the base didn't have access to Twitter or anything else on the net. But that came second hand from a guy who was supposed to be doing a TDY there this week. His TDY was canceled due to the squabbles.

I think Assage did more than hint. It seemed really clear to me what he was saying---the difference between a hack and a leak---even I, who know less about computers than my cat, can understand that he is saying what he released were leaks, not hacks. That should shut down all the "Russian hackers" dollops.

May the Creator bless and keep him safe. That man is a hero in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Interesting thread. However, I will just throw a possibility out there about all of these recent DNC and the Clinton campaign hacks

First, there has been NO definitive statement by the FBI or any other Security Agency saying YES Russia did it.

Is it plausible that these hacks have come from Israel? I say this due to Obama and his administration being outed by sending their own spin talking heads, cash, propaganda to try to derail Netanyahu. Which by the way, put egg all over his face and his operatives that lost miserably. Pay back is a bitch......I would not be surprised one bit that Israeli spy/hackers are behind these hacks.......and our gov't can't disclose it.......as they whine about foreign entities involving themselves into another countries politics.......The glass house got broke.

Just a consideration.

"What was not well reported in the American media is that President Obama and his allies were playing in the election to defeat Prime Minister Netanyahu,"

Source: Obama interferred with Israeli Elections, but it backfired
edit on 3-8-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2016 by thenightisours because: spelling

edit on 3-8-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hack revealed turkish coup, with precise date and the names. That was channeled to russians, which as good will gesture or to prove that US hands are dirty and everywhere told that info to Erdogan. Next thing you know, pilots who shot down russian plane are under investigation, third of millitary stuff under microscope.
Now, HRC in total denial of all accusations or telling everyone thats does not matter anymore......we have possible WWIII scenario on our hands, but who cares......There are something on twitter,facebook and instagram, umm that puppy is so cute.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In the latest twist, news reports coming in that
the FBI did not tell the Clinton campaign it
was Russians.

No governmental agency has reported it was Russia.

www.reuters.com...

gizmodo.com...

dailycaller.com...

There is a also the news that the Clinton Cash Author claims
he knows for a fact that the FBI is investigating the Clinton Foundation.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 3-8-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I saved a copy of the original Guccifer hack if anyone wants to see it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join