It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we ever get back to these days again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Didn't really know where to put this, so I chose the People forum... Race relations seemed to be so much better in the 80's and 90's, but have steadily taken a back seat over the past near decade.A black co-worker and I were listening to the song I posted below and talking about how much greater things used to be in the 80's and 90's. From race relations to quality family time, to the pride an employee takes in their job, to professionalism, things just seemed to be so much better and people got along. I recall everyone coming together and working things out as one.

Do you guys think we'll ever be able to get back to that point again or will we continue to regress until we're in an all out race war?

There comes a time
When we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We're all a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know, love is all we need

We are the world
We are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So let's start giving
There is a choice we're making
Were saving our own lives
It's true we'll make a better day, just you and me

Well
Send them your heart
So they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stones to bread
And so we all must lend a helping hand

We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall
Well, well, well, well let us realize oh!
That a change can only come
When we stand together as one

We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
"No work of love will flourish out of guilt, fear, or hollowness of heart, just as no valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now."

Alan Watts (1915 - 1973)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
LSU0408

The idea of a race war is nothing but a pathetic viral thoughtform implanted into the collective consciousness of modern day America by bureaucratic fat cats and psychopathic oligarchs to distract us scabs from what the hidden hand is really up to.

There is no race war unless we give it to them, there is no race war unless we let them convince us there is.

So, are race relations really as bad as tgey say they are or are we just being taken for a ride by maniacs with far too much much power and money and far too little empathy?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408
It's all about music isn't it, that's where the soul is, bring back the real music.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Things began to get worse when people started voting for a living.
People who have jobs interact with others around them and begin socialization.
Those who do nothing, do nothing with the same old do nothings who have never done anything at all.
When you do nothing, you feel like nothing so some people act out just to be noticed and not feel like nothing.
A job can give someone self respect and feel like something. Then they vote to keep that job because feeling like something is better than feeling like nothing. Unnerstan'?
edit on 2-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: I tried to keep it simple.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

George Soros comes to mind...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
There is no turning back. Malthusian principals have replaced the community spirit.

cgge.aag.org...

To many people, to few resources and one little spark could set of the American holocaust. Scapegoat the urban poor, population control is a very real possibility.

Georgia Guide Stones....not just for breakfast anymore.
edit on 2-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
a reply to: LSU0408
It's all about music isn't it, that's where the soul is, bring back the real music.

Today's music is horrible. Even when this song was remade for Haiti it was poorly performed. Nothing is like it used to be, the only thing that got better was technology and now we've all but ruined civilization with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I disagree. I believe it will be a class war. If I have a nickel, someone is going to try to take it. I have to defend that nickel or it will be taken away by someone else. There really will be no distinction of classes. It will be simply, "I want that" so I will take it from you. Once it starts, it will just be anarchy because people have no self control. Everybody in their own class. There will be no 1%'s against the 99%'s. It will be all the 99%'s against all the other 99%'s while the 1%'s are having fun in Disneyland.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
Didn't really know where to put this, so I chose the People forum... Race relations seemed to be so much better in the 80's and 90's, but have steadily taken a back seat over the past near decade.A black co-worker and I were listening to the song I posted below and talking about how much greater things used to be in the 80's and 90's. From race relations to quality family time, to the pride an employee takes in their job, to professionalism, things just seemed to be so much better and people got along. I recall everyone coming together and working things out as one.

Do you guys think we'll ever be able to get back to that point again or will we continue to regress until we're in an all out race war?

There comes a time
When we heed a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change
We're all a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know, love is all we need

We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving

Well
Send them your heart
So they'll know that someone cares
And their lives will be stronger and free
As God has shown us by turning stones to bread
And so we all must lend a helping hand

We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all
But if you just believe there's no way we can fall
Well, well, well, well let us realize oh!
That a change can only come
When we stand together as one

We are the world
We are the children
So let's start giving

Race relations have remained the same, their is just now more information available which highlights issues that have always been there.

The right wing further inflamed the situation by attacking Obama, not on actual facts, but on everything from being a Muslim, to the antichrist, to a dictator who was going to remove term limits and crown himself king.

The way every racist in the country activated and became hard core conservative activists just put racial issues in the spotlight.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
LSU0408

The idea of a race war is nothing but a pathetic viral thoughtform implanted into the collective consciousness of modern day America by bureaucratic fat cats and psychopathic oligarchs to distract us scabs from what the hidden hand is really up to.

There is no race war unless we give it to them, there is no race war unless we let them convince us there is.

So, are race relations really as bad as tgey say they are or are we just being taken for a ride by maniacs with far too much much power and money and far too little empathy?

There is no race war because we are far to interbred....

There are too many mixed race couples and children for that dynamic to ever happen.

It could have 60 years ago, but that ship has sailed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Trump will unite us !!!

mediamatters.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I disagree. And the same things, minus the muslim comments, were said about Bush as well. Your attitude contradicts your post and solidifies mine.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump will unite us !!!

Only we can unite ourselves. No politician will be able to do that, people are far too partisan today.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

I disagree. And the same things, minus the muslim comments, were said about Bush as well. Your attitude contradicts your post and solidifies mine.

Bush was attacked AFTER the Iraq war lies. Which giving the rebuild contract for Iraq and Afghanistan to haliburton the Vice Presidents own company was the most corrupt act in modern political history, and that is without factoring in the lies to get us to invade Iraq in the first place.

Obama was attacked the day he won the nomination.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
atrollstalker

Perhaps. However I feel the underlying sentiment is the same. It can only happen if we let it happen. If everyone goes all Road Warrior and the streets are turned into a warzone then, yes, all hope is lost, at least for a while or until everyone get their crap together and stop acting all Purgey.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We do have something in common. Fear.
Hi, My name is atrollstalker. Please to meetcha.
Keep this in hand because I am sure to insult you at some time or other. I usually do. But, it is nice for now.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When I want peace I just go camping in the mountains here in the PNW. The more populated the world gets the more crazy it will become.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Slight disagreement here but not a trollish reply.
The American Farmer, if left unchecked, could feed everyone in the world. The American farmer is paid to not grow crops and is fined if he grows too many. Milk is poured on the ground.

The Malthusian principle has not caught up to the reality...yet, but Monsanto is trying to get a patent on agriculture. Keep your pumpkin seeds in a jar if you want to have a jack-o-lantern down the road.

edit on 2-8-2016 by atrollstalker because: Just washed my hands and couldn't do a thing with them

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trump will unite us !!!

Only we can unite ourselves. No politician will be able to do that, people are far too partisan today.

If it was just simple partisanship there might be some hope for a type of unification. But what the current cultural meme has embraced, thanks to Trump is, renewed racism, bigotry, xenophobia, discrimination, and the American version of apartheid.

The divisions in America are becoming more pronounced. I'm so glad I don't have kids to see the coming American Apocalypse. To many people becoming more and more Tribal and angry; like rats in a cage....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join