It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gifted Purple Heart at Va. rally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Trump gifted Purple Heart at Va. rally, says he ‘always wanted’ one

ASHBURN, Virginia (CNN) –A military veteran supporting Donald Trump gifted the Republican nominee his Purple Heart Tuesday, prompting Trump to say he “always wanted to get the Purple Heart” and this was “much easier” than serving in combat.

Purple Hearts are awarded to service members who suffer wounds in combat.

“Something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and handed me his Purple Heart,” Trump told supporters at a campaign event here. “I said to him, ‘Is that like the real one or is that a copy?’ And he said, ‘That’s my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.'”

Trump received the veteran on stage at the start of the rally to receive the decoration.

“I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier,” Trump said.

Trump then pocketed the decoration after the veteran left the stage.

Nice gesture from a war veteran to gift his precious purple heart away to Trump. Clearly not all veterans hate him.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Not any crazier the Obama being gifted a Nobel Prize, I suppose .

He'll probably catch a bunch of slack for this , just because of who he is and the fact he didn't serve.

I predict it will be very similar to the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is gifted a pen , and then the whole neighborhood is talking about how he TOOK that guys pen!! Hilarity ensues...

This may not be quite as funny...

a reply to: Gin

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The Purple Heart segment from the rally.

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
He'll probably catch a bunch of slack for this , just because of who he is and the fact he didn't serve.

I predict it will be very similar to the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is gifted a pen , and then the whole neighborhood is talking about how he TOOK that guys pen!! Hilarity ensues...

This may not be quite as funny...

Oh I bet it will be funny. You know how some part of media likes to spin things up.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would give him mine. Not sure though why the Veteran said it was a copy he had made. You don't get copies made. Just buy another one, anybody can buy one. I would probably though give him my Bronze Star with no V device since that one was earned by trying to make things better, doing things I did not have to do to make the lives better for Soldiers. That's how I see Trump. He does not have to do any of this but he is bringing up issues that bother a lot of people, especially people who live near the borders and have to deal with the gang violence and criminal activity. People who live in Vermont will never understand it on that level.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Trump is certainly injured by his political battles...but he will prevail..as he always does.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yep, especially if it means absolutely nothing like that did....

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why would he say I always wanted one? Oh, right, he's Donald Trump and he's too busy being really rich to have the time to think. The Purple Heart is the one medal that NO ONE WANTS. Sure it's an honor but so is a posthumously awarded medal of honor and nobody says "I hope I don't get the MOH 'BEFORE' I die"
edit on 2-8-2016 by 191stMIDET because: Typo

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

“I always wanted to get the Purple Heart. This was much easier,” Trump said.

That's the only way that gutless coward could get one. But if a person wants to give away something he earned he has that right. Besides it was just a replica not the real thing.

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Besides it was just a replica not the real thing.

Where does it say that Purple Heart is a replica? Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman himself said that it's a real one. Is media spinning this quick already?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Trump told the audience during his rally that “something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and he handed me his Purple Heart.”

As the audience aahed, Trump continued: “I said to him, ‘Is that like the real one or is that a copy? And he said, ‘That’s my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.’”
Contrary to Trump’s comments on stage Tuesday, NBC reporter Katy Tur said the veteran in question told her he had made a copy of his original Purple Heart to give to the presidential candidate

Someone's not telling the truth here... It's odd that Trump felt it necessary to add that he had asked the veteran if it was a copy... Why would he ask?

Hey, I don't trust Trump. I suspect the veteran told him it was a copy, but Trump wanted to bump up that approval meter, so he made up a story. I could be wrong, but I trust Katy Tur more than I trust Trump.
edit on 8/2/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
"This was much easier."

For real? Ugh.

A day after the New York Times published a bombshell review of Donald Trump's checkered military deferment record, the Republican nominee held up a Purple Heart medal in front of a crowd in Ashburn, Virginia, on Tuesday. He told the audience that a veteran had approached him earlier in the day and offered up his own war decoration for the real estate magnate to keep. "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart," Trump said. "This was much easier." [Source]

Sigh.

Oh and there might be a lie too?

Double sigh.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ya know? As nice a gesture as this may have been, I wouldn't have taken it.

Gin

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Katy Tur? The one who has a huge beef against Trump? Hah, not going to buy that one till the veteran himself comes and says it was really a fake medal.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
Hah, not going to buy that one till the veteran himself comes and says it was really a fake medal.

I'll agree with you on that. I have my suspicions, but don't really know. It will probably come out if it's fake.
edit on 8/2/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: buster2010
Besides it was just a replica not the real thing.

Where does it say that Purple Heart is a replica? Lt. Col. Louis Dorfman himself said that it's a real one. Is media spinning this quick already?

No such thing as a fake one. ANYONE can buy one, go online. The only fake part is not having the citation to go with it which includes Name and date of when it was earned. It's also not a medal most want. I have one and would rather not have it. It's not even a high rated medal just more uncommon. A Bronze Star is higher and that is without a V device which means combat related.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You're confusing heroics with common sense. The two don't go hand in hand. Trump is a realist, he's not built for war.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: buster2010

You're confusing heroics with common sense. The two don't go hand in hand. Trump is a realist, he's not built for war.

Heroics and common sense do go hand in hand. We call that courage. Acting in the face of fear.

If he's not built for war why in hell is he asking to be the leader of our military?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
CNN HATES the Sarah Palin family, but the network quickly quoted her her son-in-law, because his Purple Heart statement supported CNN's anti-Trump agenda.

Ref: www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Trump told the audience during his rally that “something very nice just happened to me. A man came up to me and he handed me his Purple Heart.”

As the audience aahed, Trump continued: “I said to him, ‘Is that like the real one or is that a copy? And he said, ‘That’s my real Purple Heart. I have such confidence in you.’”
Contrary to Trump’s comments on stage Tuesday, NBC reporter Katy Tur said the veteran in question told her he had made a copy of his original Purple Heart to give to the presidential candidate

Someone's not telling the truth here... It's odd that Trump felt it necessary to add that he had asked the veteran if it was a copy... Why would he ask?

Hey, I don't trust Trump. I suspect the veteran told him it was a copy, but Trump wanted to bump up that approval meter, so he made up a story. I could be wrong, but I trust Katy Tur more than I trust Trump.
yep. Star 4 ya

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join