It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crying, barefoot toddler found in 96-degree heat while parents played Pokemon Go

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Meet brianne and brent daley.. and yes I wrote there name with small letters

Wow.. as a parent and a pokemon go player this was upsetting to read... These two scum bags left 3 dogs and a toddler just wearing a diaper alone outside of their house. The police found the toddler alone and crying in 96 degree weather trying to get in.. they phoned the Pokemon go playing parents but they just hang up and kept playing for a hour before they returned home and was arrested.

The couple had allegedly left the boy sleeping so they could get gas, but later admitted they were driving to various parks and other areas while playing Pokemon Go, according to Sheriff Paul Babeu.

Both parents face charges of child endangerment and child neglect and were booked into the Pinal County Sheriff’s Office jail.

The toddler, wearing just a diaper and T-shirt, managed to wander out of the house and into the 96-degree heat, according to a Pinal County Sheriff’s Office report. A neighbor called 911 and deputies found the child wailing outside the San Tan Valley home, trying to get in, according to KFVS.

The boy was “red faced, sweaty and dirty” by the time deputies arrived, according to the report.

fox6now.com...

The child is now being cared for by the Department of Child Services.
edit on 2-8-2016 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I would have to guess that these despicable people aren't the worst of what is going on out there.
All of their parental rights need to be terminated. They left this child alone. AND with three dogs in the house?

I've heard there is going to be a Game of thrones version as well? How bad will things get then?

I want NO CHILD to be hurt because of this Stupid game.

But I have a bet, that this years Darwin winner will be a moron playing this game.

edit on 2-8-2016 by chiefsmom because: correction

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'm so sick of seeing these stories, all i can say about these two is IDIOTS!!! This pisses me off!

Pokemon Go is yet another cia run along with Angry Birds stupid mindless game.

People are so damn mindless and lack any kind of responsibility it's mind bending.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I'll never understand some of the decisions people make. Is that game really so important that they couldn't wait to play it? My husband plays it but we will take our four year old with us to find the dumb Pokemon.

Stupid. This makes me feel the same way I do about how it seems as if the best way to remember that you have your CHILD in the car with you is to put your SHOE in the backseat with them. Because you don't want to walk around with only one shoe on, right? You'd look so silly.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

originally posted by: awareness10

You said it awareness! I'll just leave these here...

The CIA secretly invested in two of Silicon Valley's hottest startups

Telling

edit on 2-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thankyou for that FamCore.

It's getting rather creepy now, way past 1984esque. And no one seems to notice or care, save the few of us. And even then, we just don't have the ability to say or do much about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The actions of these idiot parents reminded me of a scene from Trainspotting.

So sad...

WARNING: MAY BE DISTURBING

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider
These two need to lose this child permanently. Not because I'm heartless, but because when you do something like this, you cannot be trusted with a second chance. The next time might cost that child his life.

No one hates government in our personal life more than I do, but this is just beyond ignorance and stupidity.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
this is the kind of story that makes me exhausted by the internet and hate some humans.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This "game" is not a game.

I'm sick of the hype and the claims that it gets kids outside and socialize because little league does the same thing, birthday parties do the same thing, hell vandalism does the same thing.

I've been a gamer for 26 years and even I take time for friends instead of crossing the road without looking for a monster that looks likes a phallus.

'Oh my god it's a phallusus! I better jay walk across the road without looking!' Jeez even a dummy like me knows to look left and right while crossing the street while listening to metal. It's only a matter of time before this "game" gets someone killed.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
I'm so sick of seeing these stories, all i can say about these two is IDIOTS!!! This pisses me off!

People are so damn mindless and lack any kind of responsibility it's mind bending.

Once again, I am in full agreement with you. Lets keep the populace brain dead zombies with these trivial toys . Not caring one ounce on what is going on around them.
Pitiful that folks dont realize.
Mind control to the nth degree.
edit on 8/2/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The whole pokemon "phenomenon" is such a joke to begin with, it's literally like dangling something shiny in front of a baby. I really expect more out of human beings, suffice it to say that I am constantly disappointed.

Zombies are here, they just eat fast food instead of brains. But one things for sure, they are brain dead, and they just stumble around and make unintelligible noises while bumping into each other.

I'll be waiting to see the link to the go fund me.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

people have died from Pokemon Go

www.news.com.au...

Melbourne, Australia - hit by a stolen car and dragged 70 meters
edit on 2-8-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

This is a game. These are grown-ups out playing pretend, while their real life child is not given a second thought. What is wrong with people? What is so special about this game that precludes taking responsibility for your own child's well-being? My child collected Pokemon cards when he was 8. These are grown-ass adults out having pretend battles with pretend beings while their toddler wanders around alone, crying, in danger of heatstroke.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Nope. She wasn't playing at the moment she was hit.

Ms Nayler’s phone was in her pocket the moment she was hit and the car dragged her about 70 metres before it crashed into another set of traffic lights.

From your link. She was killed by an idiot car theif.
edit on 2-8-2016 by chiefsmom because: clarify

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The immaturity and self-centeredness of this young generation astounds me!!! A stupid video game is more important than the welfare of your child??? Ignoring this type of responsibility is something a child would do! I still can't relate how these young parents can even forget and leave their child in a car!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well when grown adults suffer from arrested or stunted development and then hunt fictional creatures in real life something bad is going to happen.

It irks me that players like me are derided for playing violent video games yet some folk walk into nuclear power plants and could've got shot. Violence in video games has done no harm to anyone but then this pokemon go app could endanger lives. I'll stick to my Playstation 4 thanks-I might be killing people in stimulated reality but at least i'm not a danger to others or myself in real life.

edit on 2-8-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I see that you're correct - she died "after" playing Pokemon Go - thank you for clarifying my mistake

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Well when grown adults suffer from arrested or stunted development and then hunt fictional creatures in real life something bad is going to happen.

It irks me that players like me are derided for playing violent video games yet some folk walk into nuclear power plants and could've got shot. Violence in video games has done no harm to anyone but then this pokemon go app could endanger lives. I'll stick my Playstation 4 thanks-I might be killing people in stimulated reality but at least i'm not a danger to others or myself in real life.

Got no other response to you . LOOOOONNNGGG time PC gamer here. Thats the way you tell the good games from the mind takeover feces. Most games have an "intellectual" value. The bad ones , no redeeming characteristics whatsoever.

I got to admit though , Nintendo was out completely . No appeal at all . Their best had left years ago. So , they came up with the idea that would appeal to the types that Forrest Gump's mother said "stupid is as stupid does" . Now they are making a fortune and back again.
Nuff said.

edit on 8/2/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

What I don't understand about those Helen Lovejoys out there that complain about violent video games corrupting kids but yet this app could lead kids onto busy streets or into bad neighborhoods. If I had kids i'd prefer them killing on a console at home in a safe environment rather than being killed in an unsafe environment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join