It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Opposite of Discriminate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh yes, absolutely, discrimination is inherent in the human psyche and is a beneficial survival skill.
Those who say they 'never' discriminate are either liars or lack understanding of the term.

...or just pseudo-pious pricks.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Discrimination is only bad based on intent.

I can discriminate against certain kind of movies because I like certain kinds and dislike others, that's not inherently foolish or unmoral for example.

Preference is just like discrimination, only preference assumes you don't inherently dislike the other thing for no apparent reason.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Agreed.
The OP finds greater pleasure from service by staff who visually please him. He chooses to pay extra for that perceived benefit.
That is preference.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Metallicus

That is giving personal favor to a certain group. If you tip unattractive waitresses less, though they have done just as good of a job as the ones you find attractive, that is a form of discrimination.

He is giving the attractive waitress a bonus tip for being attractive. I don't see it being discrimination, I see as praising her looks.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

He is merely expressing his pleasure of being served by a person who improved his experience through how they looked visually.
What the # can anyone say is wrong with that?!

I've argued with the OP loads on ATS, I don't actually much like the image I have for the guy in my mind in some areas, but I enjoy ATS for pure debate, and if the question is his tipping others more because they visually pleased him?
# yeah I'll back him on that...explain why I shouldn't.
edit on 1.8.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Do you consider it akin to bidding in the hope of it leading to more intimate relations with those you find attractive. Chances are they are already in a relationship.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
Chances are they are already in a relationship.

That is your invention. You have no way of knowing.

*Edit*
I couldn't give a toss if someone is telling me lies about being in a relationship or not, that is their crime, not mine.
edit on 1.8.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join