It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia has got a hold on me tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
still awake....happy Sunday team.

So, I will cope with this insomnia the best way I can...via music. Enjoy

Just going back to Boston, closest to the homeland.

I love this song. I hope you do too!!!

Good morning to all of you early birds. Enjoy

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
secret and special meaning to this song. Has nothing to do with me personally, but someone of my friends.....it is so real and tragic, but beautiful just the same.

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Okay, I'm down with some crazieness.............here we go

Peace and Love!

I'm on the run

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: thenightisours

"Welcome to my wor
Won't you come on in?"

Glad that it isn't bringing you down!

Love the song choices, by the way.

I just saw your lyrics again, and then, I remembered an older song my mum played before she and my pop passed......is this it?
KD

Yes, my folks played it also

"Welcome to my world,
Won't you come on in?
Miracles I guess
Still happen now and then.
Step into my heart,
Leave your cares behind,
Welcome to my world
Built with you in mind.
Knock, and the door will open,
Seek, and you will find,
Ask, and you'll be given
The key to this world of mine.
I'll be waiting here
With my arms unfurled,
Waiting just for you,
Welcome to my world.
Waiting just for you,
Welcome to my world"

~Ray Winkler/John Hathcock

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Isn't that amazing. That you and I would connect like this. I know that song so well, my mum played it and sang it all the time with a ripe cup of tea.

Coincidence? I mean that is really cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours
Isn't that amazing. That you and I would connect like this. I know that song so well, my mum played it and sang it all the time with a ripe cup of tea.
Coincidence? I mean that is really cool.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Alright, I'll try it this way.
Since we are both sleep deprived, I will share something with you.
I don't, necessarily, believe in coincidences. I believe everything that's happened and everyone I meet is exactly for a reason.
That reason isn't always made clear initially. I believe it's that way all around but I imagine some folks would disagree with me.
As an example, I met a man a few months ago through an (what some would perceive) odd and some unusual set of circumstances and a friendship evolved. Not long after we began talking a tragedy struck his life.
He was able to share with me things that he was unable to share with those closest to him and I believe, and he has told me as much, that I was put there in that place to help him through the grief and that process.

We are not as close today and that is fine. I had always told him when my time was up and he no longer needed me as much that I would slip away, not far though. He knows, I'm sure, that if he ever needed/wanted me that I would be there in an instant.

So, long story longer (haha), I don't really believe in coincidences.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I don't, necessarily, believe in coincidences. I believe everything that's happened and everyone I meet is exactly for a reason.
That reason isn't always made clear initially. I believe it's that way all around but I imagine some folks would disagree with me.
As an example, I met a man a few months ago through an (what some would perceive) odd and some unusual set of circumstances and a friendship evolved. Not long after we began talking a tragedy struck his life.
He was able to share with me things that he was unable to share with those closest to him and I believe, and he has told me as much, that I was put there in that place to help him through the grief and that process.

We are not as close today and that is fine. I had always told him when my time was up and he no longer needed me as much that I would slip away, not far though. He knows, I'm sure, that if he ever needed/wanted me that I would be there in an instant.

What a beautiful story. And maybe you didn't understand my meaning.....I do not believe in coincidences either. Hence my question mark(?)..LOL

So, I will put it out there for you clearly. I just feel a connection with you. All Good. You obviously have a full life and I love the way you reach out to help others. You may not understand this, but I am the same way. I am a giver, but I have learned to be careful.

You have been there for someone who was going through pain and anguish....That is beautiful. don't forget to refill your cup.
I respect your honesty, but I am attracted to you. However that just means that I think you are special. I would never do anything to interfere with your love life.....trust me.

So, I am not sure if I picked up your message clearly, correct me wherever I am wrong. In the mean time, Peace, Love and Happiness to you Forever.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What a beautiful story. And maybe you didn't understand my meaning.....I do not believe in coincidences either. Hence my question mark(?)..LOL

So, I will put it out there for you clearly. I just feel a connection with you. All Good. You obviously have a full life and I love the way you reach out to help others. You may not understand this, but I am the same way. I am a giver, but I have learned to be careful.

You have been there for someone who was going through pain and anguish....That is beautiful. don't forget to refill your cup.
I respect your honesty, but I am attracted to you. However that just means that I think you are special. I would never do anything to interfere with your love life.....trust me.

So, I am not sure if I picked up your message clearly, correct me wherever I am wrong. In the mean time, Peace, Love and Happiness to you Forever.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Oh my goodness, I remember purchasing this 33" disk, record. LOL All the pictures were of Paul playing all the instruments dressed up throughout his career.

One of my faves.......Enjoy

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

You do just fine!
I think, perhaps, this statement could have thrown off my entire post.

ATS was being it's usual 'wonky' self and I was trying to quote you and then post and I was unable to get my post on that post with your quote (the one directly above mine). It is happening now as I am unable to quote you and post. A glitch, I suppose.

I'll try it a different way (quoting):

I completely understand, I think, and the feeling is mutual.
I know what you mean about the attraction and it doesn't always have to be a romantic sort of thing.
There's the connection! We are both givers!

'That which is like unto itself is drawn'
Makes perfect sense.

For an example of 'wonky':
I could swear that I read 'how'd I do chirp chirp' at the end of your post and now it's gone?!

edit on 31-7-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

'how'd I do chirp chirp' at the end of your post and now it's gone?!

LOL, yes, it was there. But it vanished....I donno.....LOL. I just keep pushing buttons and things appear. Thank you for your kind reply.

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well still kicking after now, 29 hours of insomnia and no letting up. Ran out to get some soup and a sandwich for lunch and I am still running strong. It has happened before....so no worries......just awake and enjoying a very relaxing Sunday.....I hope you all can say the same.

Thought I'd dump a little Foo on you......enjoy.

Love this funny video and song is outrageous

Peace

KD

edit on 31-7-2016 by thenightisours because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Some more Foo for you. I played the acoustic version earlier, which frankly, (don' t call me frank...ok) I think is the better version.

But this is the one I fell in love with Everlong the original

Peace and Love Everyone.

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One of my faves of all time. Always keeps me smiling out loud....it just must be magic. I hope you Enjoy

They say a picture says a thousand words.......LOL

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
just gotta do some more Foo....don't let anyone ever get under your skin, or even worse the better of you......*smirking*

Dave Grohl

rockin' a bit today.

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
the question is? why stop when it is going so well.........so some more FOO My Hero

Peace and Love Everyone

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let's blow some minds on the lampshades.......Neil Young Like a Hurricane it will blow you away

Like a Hurricane

Rock and Roll at its' best

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
like insomnia, Rust never sleeps.....ok peeps.....rockin' as music

Neil Young Ladies and Gentlemen

Hey hey rock and roll will never die

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
This next song requires the admission that it may be disturbing to some.....so heads up. I personally think
it is fine...but out of courtesy.....fyi.....certainly no T & C violations

So Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Neil Young

Down By The River

Peace and Love

KD

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join