It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insomnia has got a hold on me tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
.so I just don't fight it any more. I just reach into my bag of tools...and pull out things that make me happy. So my friends.....this is where I am....;been up for about 22 hours....nothing bothering me....life is all good......just toss and turn and cannot fall asleep......

so what do I do, I come out of my bedroom grab my laptop and start participating.........so here we go.....one of my favorite songs.....and yes, the acoustic version which I think is the best.....now I am happy.....lmao

Peace and Love Everyone

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

Oh yes! I love the Foo Fighters, and I love Everlong. I've never heard the acoustic version before though, and I must say, I do like it.

Thank you for sharing.

Glad you feel well for someone who can't sleep. I love my sleep too much, would love a few more hours each early morning too, haha! But alas.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Been up since 9 a.m. Friday.
Now it's past 4 a.m. Sunday.
Not a wink of sleep.
I think I may go see if I can exhaust myself on the punching bag.
Insomnia is only annoying if you are trying to go to sleep when you just aren't sleepy.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaelci

Oh yes! I love the Foo Fighters, and I love Everlong. I've never heard the acoustic version before though, and I must say, I do like it.

Thank you for sharing.

Glad you feel well for someone who can't sleep. I love my sleep too much, would love a few more hours each early morning too, haha! But alas.

Yep, I'm a big Foo man.......glad you heard the acoustic version first tonight. It is amazing. Sleep will come soon enough....I guess I am just meant to be up. LOL

Love You, Peace

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

"Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in?"

Glad that it isn't bringing you down!

Love the song choices, by the way.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Been up since 9 a.m. Friday.
Now it's past 4 a.m. Sunday.
Not a wink of sleep.
I think I may go see if I can exhaust myself on the punching bag.
Insomnia is only annoying if you are trying to go to sleep when you just aren't sleepy.

Makes complete sense to me....not my first time around the corner.....insomnia just seems to show up, so I just go with it. I am very lucky that I can survive on little sleep.........but, when I sleep....LOL....I can sleep for 12hours....it is what it is....happy to just be here and have friends like youl

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

"Welcome to my world
Won't you come on in?"

I'm already in your world if you haven't noticed.....and happy to be there also. Glad you like the tunes.......I'm up, rarely down....actually having fun.....treating myself to things that mean a lot to me......Lovin' It.

Lovin' you, peace and love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

yes i know the feeling

good song

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
another acoustic version.......Dave Grohl on the drums..............Nirvana acoustically. Enjoy....What a great song.

Do you have any more?

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I'll share one

May be an acquired taste for some.

It always makes me think of my daughters and smile.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I'm going fishing.
I know a spot with a good shade tree to snooze under.
I may find that I have aged 100 years when I wake up.
It really irritates me that I can't buy beer until noon on Sunday.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
That is so beautiful Chirp......as a single dad of daughters.....It makes me smile too. I never heard of this song or group before...that is what is so magical about ATS we share.....I love It!
This one actually has a very special bond between my oldest and I. It may say sound silly.......but we played it over and over and over again.

It's different. LOL

Peace and Love Everyone. Enjoy!
edit on 31-7-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2016 by thenightisours because: darn spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Insomnia is a bastard! When it's too strong, yeah, you might as well get busy and achieve something. Might as well chat to people on the internet or learn something somewhere.

Audiobooks on dry, academic subjects put me out. The narrator's voice is interesting for 10 minutes and then I'm drifting away. Now and then, it's the 3am insomnia so I log in here with the display on super-dim and wait for the tiredness to get me. If the alarm goes first, it's too late and the day ahead will be one long drag.

Sleep!! I love it

Listen to this Freakonomics episode some time - The Economics of Sleep (Pt1)

It’s well-established that a lack of sleep can impair our cognitive function. Sleep loss has also been linked to adverse physical outcomes like weight gain and, increasingly, more serious maladies. Is it possible that lack of sleep can even explain the income gap?

Those are just a few of the issues we try to figure out in this episode. But because sleep is such a big and interesting topic – and, let’s face it, it’s also kind of weird, the fact that our bodies shut down entirely for roughly a third of our lives – we are actually making two episodes about sleep. The second one will be released next week.

There's a State with towns on either side of the date-line and their economies are like rich v poor due to the quality of sleep they get. It's a fascinating show.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I understand.About a Month ago I went 72 hours with out sleep..I started hallucinating/hearing weird voices.It's no joke sleep deprivation will play mind tricks..

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I've never heard of him before, i'll have to find more by them.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
I understand.About a Month ago I went 72 hours with out sleep..I started hallucinating/hearing weird voices.It's no joke sleep deprivation will play mind tricks..

I believe you. Mine comes and goes....i can go months without any problems.....but maybe it is the weather....so darn humid here......anyway I am here....and I feel fine. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours
That is so beautiful Chirp......as a single dad of daughters.....It makes me smile too. I never heard of this song or group before...that is what is so magical about ATS we share.....I love It!
This one actually has a very special bond between my oldest and I. It may say sound silly.......but we played it over and over and over again.

It's different. LOL
Peace and Love Everyone. Enjoy!

I actually remember this song.

It's not silly if it brings you and those you love closer and allows you to share those special moments in this busy busy world.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I've never heard of him before, i'll have to find more by them.

Well, my fondness for his voice began when he was lead for Godsmack and I followed him along on his journey.

Some of his lyrics I relate to deeply.

I hope you enjoy the music.

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Okay, one of my very favorites....why the hell not.....LOL Enjoy Who....Oh that right The Who

One of my many faves that drag me out of a ditch......thankfully I am on soft ground. LOL Enjoy

Peace and Love

KD

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

"Welcome to my wor
Won't you come on in?"

I just saw your lyrics again, and then, I remembered an older song my mum played before she and my pop passed......is this it?

Peace and Love

KD

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join