It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To answer the Call

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I feel a pull, a call to write. I'm not sure where I'm going yet, but just like when you get behind the wheel of a car and hit the gas you're gonna go somewhere, even if you don't know where. so too it is when I write, except I'm just pushing the pedal, trusting the words to write themselves. Its a bit scary, at times, but it quickly grows exciting- how wonderful this is, each new word is like a treasure being pulled from the depths of the page. What wonderful things shall we do, see, experience? What a relief, to not be in control, to not have to worry about what happens. It's a journey each time, fresh and exciting and new. Even if the road ends up going through some bland or dry pstches- even if it comes out horrible and utterly unreadable, still it is a great treasure.

Life, I think, is the exact same way. From somewhere, our liberated souls feel a call, an expression entirely its own uniques self bubbling up and demanding to be born. So we come down, and one becomes a plant and another a tree, a river, a mountain, animals. Humans, stars, galaxies etc.

Now matter how rough the road gets, it is still an experience to be treasured... And, just like in writing, we can assert our egos, demand control over the story, creating drama and unhappiness and hatred etc with our unskilled fingers ... But when we surrender to the driving force behind the tool of expression, is the pen but also you and me, the flow becomes effortless and all that flows through you will be pure and righteous... It is a constant struggle because the egp loves to assert itself...

The ego is a lot easier to keep in check when of comes to writing, which is why I think everybody should write, and besides every bodies got such wonderful stories waiting to be told, even as their own life story unfurls...
Well, that's it for now. Lol.

Love and Peace to All.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Awesome writing!

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Well done! Well written, thank you for posting this. Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanks you guys, glad you enjoyed it. I'm happy to be of service

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Oh and what a trove of a treasure it is. The consanguinity of language , as I enjoy describing it, of in properness; to that of the English variety to which I am accustomed. Is fluidity of thought to expression formed from emotion.

To read words is to know them. To understand the writers modes of self inflection and possible revelation is to feel them. Writing ones thoughts is true freedom of soul from vessel. Take my sword if you must, but please for the love of the universe in hand; Spare my pages, and relinquish my pen. Incredibly well said I say, it was a joy to read.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
So true about everyone having a story to tell. I swear, sometimes when I write, it's as though the story is writing itself. Words and images come flowing forth effortlessly. Well, if I don't have writer's block, it does.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I know. Writer's block, has to be worked through in my opinion. You want to write but you can't, and that's the block, so if you push yourself and write anyway it'll be junk but if you stick with it you'll clear the block

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I dunno know about that. LOL

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Believe me when I say I do!! And if that doesn't work you just gotta come back some other time. But you gotta try first!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

That was great, I agree with what you wrote.
Everybody has a story...every life is a story. Then there are all the stories that rattle around in our hearts and brains until we unleash them with our hands (pen or keyboard).

So many of us who call ourselves writers still have those moments when suddenly the urge to write is there and we have no choice but to follow through and see what comes out. To me that is when creativity seems to have a life of it's own, when words turn into stories without much forethought or planning.

Good stuff, Lucid. I'm enjoying everything I read by you.
jacy

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yes! That creativity is at the heart of everything so far as I can tell.

I know I get frustrated a lot for not expressing the way I'd like. Oftentimes I feel like I mess up, especially when I try and wrote stories. Not messing up so much as not listening, or resisting that urge, like with writers block.

I live for those moments though. When my pen is on fire and the vision is clear in my mind, and I can't help but feel graced and connected by/with something greater than I. Truly, mind blowing/expanding. This was one of those, for me.

I have to read what I write more than anyone lol

new topics

top topics

join