It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel rules out migrant policy reversal after attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So how is the German economy thriving from those refugees? Did they buy those weapons?

And again, what human right dictates that Germany should take in one single refugee?

You really don't see how your comments are nonsense or do you think that persistance is going to make a difference?

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoogieMan

Go for the facts presented or keep attacking this public opinion, you really think somebody on Ceres cares about the letter?

Well. Good for you! Obey a nice day now and don't forget to eat your ... meal.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
You might be right. I don't deny that. But you might be wrong too. Merkel might be changing the tide with a good outcome in the future. It may be a small thing and there need to be thousands more--in leadership--like her.

Can you imagine a world without borders?

I know, I know, it's mindless liberal nonsense and John Lennon? A doped up dummy. He was young and his mind was in the clouds obviously. None of this should be serioulsy considered on any practical level. Kids love it.

Even if we fail in this world maybe we won't in the next. And even if ther's no next, maybe there was for someone else. I can hope. Not saying a world without borders is anything special. It's just something to do. That's all anything is.
edit on 7/28/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBoogieMan

originally posted by: TheBoogieMan
So how is the German economy thriving from those refugees? Did they buy those weapons?

If I had to guess, I'd say what PublicOpinion is insinuating is the fact that the German arms sector made billions with the "War on Terror", and since KMW, RDE & Co pay taxes, the German state earned quite a bit with her complicity to the wars that caused the refugee-crisis in the first place.

This situation explains WHY certain circles of our political class prefered to follow lobbyist money, rather than Military Intelligence advice.

originally posted by: TheBoogieMan
And again, what human right dictates that Germany should take in one single refugee?

From a purely legal point of view that would be (in ascending order):

Bavarian Constitution - Art. 105
Constitutional law of the Federal Republic of Germany - Art. 16a
EU Fundamental Rights Charter - Art. 18, 19, 51-54
United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Art. 14

...so PublicOpinion has a point (or several) there.
The Modus Operandi is still the sticking point here IMO.
edit on 28-7-2016 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Excellent declination through all layers, much appreciated! Seehofer must be something like a walking dead legal issue then...

The Modus Operandi is the sticking point here IMO.

Or a pointed stick, but yes it is.
Have a great time and stay curious, Colonel!

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
From a purely legal point of view that would be (in ascending order):

Bavarian Constitution article - Art. 105
Constitutional law of the Federal Republic of Germany - Art. 16a
EU Fundamental Rights Charter - Art. 18, 19, 51-54
United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Art. 14

Germany has the same "First safe country to claim asylum" thing the UK though doesn't it?
You know, the reason why those mostly men are camped on the shores of Northern France, well that and being an island with juxtaposed borders with France and Belgium. They can't easily force their way here, and can be sent back if their attempts fail.

Merkel invited them to risk their lives crossing the Med paying people smugglers, then open arms.
It was possibly the worst misjudgement she will be remembered for. The people could have been helped in the region with massive resources, organised, reasoned, not the emotional knee jerk decision which I imagine many Germans see it to be now.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

originally posted by: grainofsand
Germany has the same "First safe country to claim asylum" thing the UK though doesn't it?
You know, the reason why those mostly men are camped on the shores of Northern France, well that and being an island with juxtaposed borders with France and Belgium. They can't easily force their way here, and can be sent back if their attempts fail.

Yes of course, but we don't have the luxury of being an Island.
Make no mistake though - you Brits will pay your bill, too - Island or not.

originally posted by: grainofsand
Merkel invited them to risk their lives crossing the Med paying people smugglers, then open arms.
It was possibly the worst misjudgement she will be remembered for. The people could have been helped in the region with massive resources, organised, reasoned, not the emotional knee jerk decision which I imagine many Germans see it to be now.

No argument from me there.
An orderly approach was proposed by many, foremost by conservatives in Chancellor Merkel's own political ranks.
All the same, she went her way - Merkel didn't want pictures of fugitives dying on the walls of fortress Europe - which was what other european statesmen suggested. So she decided to go alone - and THAT was her mistake IMO.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
Make no mistake though - you Brits will pay your bill, too - Island or not.

Personally I support paying more taxes if it was allocated solely for resources to help refugees in their region, wherever they may be in the world. The UK does not yet pay enough in my opinion.

Cries of "Let them in!!!" I do not support though. That was a tragic error.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

She said the attackers "wanted to undermine our sense of community, our openness and our willingness to help people in need. We firmly reject this".

It seems obvious that the "refugees" themselves are undermining germany`s sense of community, undermining germany`s openness, and undermining the german peoples willingness to help.

Who is the "we" that she is referring to? does she have any of these "refugees" living near her? Does she have to have daily interaction with the "refugees"? no, i`m sure she is kept very well protected and isolated from the "refugees" that she seems so fond of.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
She is a globalist tyrant and a creep.

Already her actions have caused the violent deaths of hundreds of innocent French and German citizens, and this is still early days.

She will go down in history as one of the very worst European leaders.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I'm still analyzing this situation, but...........the news is so bad on the EU Economy, it appears that we could see a dominoe effect just like you said. If Germany goes down...........the "PIGS", i.e., Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain could well be the next to go down. Reports on Italian banks and their inability to meet stress tests of any kind are really bad. Italy's banks are horribly under capitalized.

I fear Europe is ............on the brink, walking the knife's edge.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Merkel's unwillingness to face the reality of the situation is a complete failure of leadership. Her denial is almost as bad as Obama's denial of Islamic terror.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join