It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Had Life at One Time; May Have Life Now-Charles Bolden

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Hello ATS! I'm watching Youtube when I come across an interview with Charles Bolden, the Head of NASA. In the video he says: "Mars is the most likely candidate in our solar system that had life at one time and may have life now...!"

I bet you're all saying this is not all that exciting, NASA always says maybe/ might/ possibly/ slight chance/ etc, but if you take note that in the video, Mr. Bolden winks his right eye when he says "...May have life now..."

I'm a firm believer in solid evidence and proof of claims before jumping to conclusions but these are words direct from Bolden himself. After the mountain(s) of mounting evidence of life on Mars, I'm denying Ignorance about life elsewhere now more than ever. Watch this short video and see for yourselves........

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-7-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I'm denying Ignorance about life elsewhere now more than ever

What took you so long?

We'll get to the stage where it's accepted that life is abundant throughout the universe at some point, and NASA already knows more than they say

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

I'm denying Ignorance about life elsewhere now more than ever

What took you so long?

We'll get to the stage where it's accepted that life is abundant throughout the universe at some point, and NASA already knows more than they say

I agree 100% that life is everywhere and NASA is covering it up...! I'm saying that I believe it now more than ever. The evidence is mounting to a level so high that NASA will no longer be able to lie and hide the truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I agree 100% that life is everywhere and NASA is covering it up..

Or with the constraints on how we travel in space they are making an assumption but have no actual evidence to back it up yet.

Just because we haven't seen the proof that doesn't mean NASA is covering it up.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I agree 100% that life is everywhere and NASA is covering it up..

Or with the constraints on how we travel in space they are making an assumption but have no actual evidence to back it up yet.

Just because we haven't seen the proof that doesn't mean NASA is covering it up.

We haven't seen proof because they haven't released it yet but they do drop hints.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If we are speaking of microbes , basic life - fairly good chance
Anything above that ,not so much.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Or because there is no proof.

Bolden's comment says nothing that hasn't been said countless times by scientists in many space research organisations: "Mars might have had life, it may have it now. We're looking."

NASA has never denied the possibility of life elsewhere - wtf do you think all those probes are for?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

wtf do you think all those probes are for?

Hopefully not what aliens use em for....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo But... but.. but... cover up? I like to say things like "mountains of mounting evidence," without actually knowing what that means! Can anyone quantify a mountain of evidence for me? From my understanding it's more like "a handful of findings that suggest life might have been possible once upon a time."

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

There's nothing new here. He said that Mars is the most likely planet to have once had life, and may still have life.

Many astrobiologists, including those at NASA, have been saying that for several years now. As OneBigMonkey mentioned above, they have been sending probes to Mars for a while (for example, Opportunity and Spirit more than 12 years ago) in order to help them find the answers to the question of the habitability of Mars.

The conclusion that NASA and other scientist have come to is that Mars seems to have once been very habitable. That doesn't mean 100% proof of life, but it means life could have thrived. That conclusion was made mostly using data from the many NASA probes sent to Mars -- i.e., NASA isn't hiding the information about the past and current conditions on Mars; instead they are the ones presenting that information.

But yeah -- Charles Bolden is saying what NASA has been saying for a while: That Mars is the most likely other planet that we know of to have once had life, and may still have life.

edit on 2016-7-26 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

We haven't seen proof because they haven't released it yet but they do drop hints.

And exactly what is there reason for holding back this info...because you do know there are other space agencies out there that aren't run by NASA.

Or are they all run by NASA that is why they haven't brought forth this info?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

But yeah -- Charles Bolden is saying what NASA has been saying for a while: That Mars is the most likely other planet that we know of to have once had life, and may still have life.

But they haven't found it yet...evidence that is...which is why they haven't released any info on it.

Not because they just want to keep us in the dark about alien life in the universe.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

But they haven't found it yet...evidence that is...which is why they haven't released any info on it.

Not because they just want to keep us in the dark about alien life in the universe.

That's correct.

In that interview, Bolden wasn't talking about evidence of life itself. He was only commenting about the past and current habitability of Mars, and hence the quote "it is the most likely planet in our solar system that had life at one time [and] may have it now". Of course it appears to have been much more habitable in the past, but there may still be zones of habitability today, such as some sub-surface areas.

But Bolden's comments weren't about find specific evidence of specific life itself, but rather a comment about Mars being a place that life COULD have lived and maybe could still live.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm glad he is doing "space" stuff...

Under Bolden, NASA's primary mission is no longer spacefaring endeavors....

-Christosterone

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm glad he is doing "space" stuff...

Under Bolden, NASA's primary mission is no longer spacefaring endeavors....

-Christosterone

I understand why on the face of it that seems silly. Consider this though, there are 1.6 billion Muslims and they only have 3 Nobel prizes in science. If we could encourage 1.6 billion minds to help us work on the forefront of science it would be incredible.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, Gilbert Levin already proved the existence of microbial life on mars.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo But... but.. but... cover up? I like to say things like "mountains of mounting evidence," without actually knowing what that means! Can anyone quantify a mountain of evidence for me? From my understanding it's more like "a handful of findings that suggest life might have been possible once upon a time."

Flowing water for one. Then there's Methane bursts in the atmosphere, Bones, broken statues, etc...They probably wiped out their civ a long time ago in a major war.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

And exactly what is there reason for holding back this info...because you do know there are other space agencies out there that aren't run by NASA.

Or are they all run by NASA that is why they haven't brought forth this info?

No one else has been to Mars besides NASA. I have a theory that NASA is holding the info because of it's importance to certain figures.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The USA is the only country to have landed but Russia, the ESA and India have all had successful orbital probes. Several other countries have missions in the pipeline.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You left the words "most likely" out of your thread title.

Mr. Bolden didn't say precisely "Mars Had Life at One Time; May Have Life Now". He said "It is the most likely planet in our solar system that had life at one time...may have life now" [emphasis mine].

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join