It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you asked anyone to let ATS know if you die?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This is a tough question and I am not sure if this has been discussed in the past.

I have been thinking about this for some time now and after discussing it with another member privately I have decided to ask the question.

We may be a bunch of whacked out tin foil wearing loons but the simple fact is that freindships and bonds can be made, the annonimity of the site means that on the whole if something ever happened you would simply dissapear from peoples lives and they would never know.

It may sound macabre and a lot of members just like to bounce about and a whole lot more would read this and think "who would care" but the answer is that sombody would.

We may argue and bicker, we may have different political viewpoints but this is something that really concerns me.

Have a think about what you are to ATS and ask yourself that if something happened would you be missed by even one person even if they argued with you daily, imagine if someone simply dissapeared and you had no way of finding out why.

Tell a friend and make them promise, put it in your will or whatever please consider this.

I hope I am right for saying this.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Or just fade away into the darkness of lurking again . I can get away with that , but dont ask how or why.
Peace

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

you're so cute. I mean hat in the best most respectful way.
hug

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

you're so cute. I mean hat in the best most respectful way.
hug

A hug from a sheep would be pretty awsome although maybe a little smelly but I will take it

I mean it though it is a serious question, many people impact the lives of others in a way they do not always realise.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think it's a great idea!

My daughters have my passwords to most things so, they could easily log on here if needed although they wouldn't want to, I'm sure.

I have friends from ATS who are also friends in my offline world so they would automatically know and I am sure would tell others in 'our circle' who would care to know.

There is/was a member who I became very close to awhile back. We shared stories, photos, day to day stuff. He was not in good health then and he hurt himself and wound up in the hospital. He returned briefly and we messaged a few times and he was gone again. My emails have not been responded to either and that is very unusual as we spoke almost every other day, at least.
It's as if he dropped off the earth and I fear he has passed on (due to age and already poor health).

I suppose I could find out if I really wanted to but, I keep hoping and checking that I'm wrong and he will reappear one day.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I am actually an NSA chatbot so I cannot die.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I am actually an NSA chatbot so I cannot die.

Not only that when they found what and who was in your basement it would be all over the news internationally.

You would be on the front page of ats for a month at least.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No.

link   

Don't worry in real life I'm a tall young-ish blonde and smell nice, I promise.

What I've been thinking about what would be nice is, if there was an ATS convention. Hosted by Will Wheaton. I'd totally go.

But I have lost some ATS friends and it indeed would be nice to know what happened to them.

link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Not only that when they found what and who was in your basement it would be all over the news internationally.

You would be on the front page of ats for a month at least.

Imagine the shock when it turns out all that Masonic conspiracy stuff is actually true.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That's an interesting thought.

I know many names here and quite a few I would even miss had they disappeared from the boards, in fact there already are a small handful of people who's posts I no longer see. I assume they've been banned or moved on.

As for myself, I'm not even sure my absence would be noticed. I'm not a high number/quality poster by any means and I don't exchange messages with anyone here.

So in answer to your question no, I won't have someone come and let you all know should my time come.
If I had some real friends here or I was more well known I would make some arrangements but this isn't the case and that's ok with me.

link   

What I've been thinking about what would be nice is, if there was an ATS convention.

SO talked about doing something in NYC awhile back and nothing every came from it. I would attend.

link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

I think it's a great idea!

My daughters have my passwords to most things so, they could easily log on here if needed although they wouldn't want to, I'm sure.

I have friends from ATS who are also friends in my offline world so they would automatically know and I am sure would tell others in 'our circle' who would care to know.

There is/was a member who I became very close to awhile back. We shared stories, photos, day to day stuff. He was not in good health then and he hurt himself and wound up in the hospital. He returned briefly and we messaged a few times and he was gone again. My emails have not been responded to either and that is very unusual as we spoke almost every other day, at least.
It's as if he dropped off the earth and I fear he has passed on (due to age and already poor health).

I suppose I could find out if I really wanted to but, I keep hoping and checking that I'm wrong and he will reappear one day.

You my friend are exactly the kind of member I am talking about, god forbid but if you ever just one day disappeared do you have any idea how many people would sit and worry and wonder?

It's a big thing to consider even if you think no one would care.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You know, I actually did ask, but the bastard didn't do it. That's why I just haunt y'all now...

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

it's a bit far for me, could you be an idiot for the both of us if you ever attend one?

link   
Thank you for this thread!!!!!

While I hope it has not come to this, and perhaps this is ever so slightly off topic, or just the reverse questions...

There is someone I care about who posts on ATS and this person has just disappeared. I am worried sick about him. And there is no one to ask for reasons such as you list. I think the issue...I KNOW the issue is the requirement for privacy. After all, like you said, some of us are whacked out tin foil wearing loons, and there are some who have felt that they are being stalked, and some of us just don't want anyone to know more than what we have disclosed ourselves, but what do we do if we truly feel that someone is possibly in trouble and you are truly losing sleep over it.

I'll come right out and say that I am worried about Epirus. I can see from his posts that he can go a time without posting but he hasn't even logged in for a while, and it's just sort of a bad feeling that I am very much willing to risk making a public fool of myself to share. I was thinking of creating my first non-intro post just to ask if anyone can verify that he is okay. I've thought of writing to the Moderators to ask them privately if they would know what to do, but I don't think they would know.

Anyway, yes, I applaud your post and I do think you are right for saying this!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Who's SO? Simon something one of the owners?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
it's a bit far for me, could you be an idiot for the both of us if you ever attend one?

Is that even possible? Is there even enough jackassery in the world for that to happen?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Who's SO? Simon something one of the owners?

Bill aka Skeptic Overlord.

I just bumped that thread too, it is in the Board Business forum.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Just saw it, facepalm, wanted to edit but you're faster

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join