It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Time Favorite Movies.. Name Yours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The Hobbit Trilogy and adding Independence Day solely based on Will Smith's soliloquy dragging the alien across the desert. It dont get no better than that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Goodfellas is my favourite film, closely followed by Zulu.

good movie!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hands down for me:

Clash of the Titans (1981)

Love, love, love this movie.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Scarface.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

ah Al Pacino, yes this is a good one!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

I'd watch anything with Pierce Brosnan in it!

Christine, i havent seen that movie since the 80's another good one!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Clash of the Titans!

I'm going to have a movie night soon

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Cool thread S&F..
Mad Max,Max 2 "road warrior".
Dazed & confused.
plane,trains,automobiles
Revenge of the nerds
National lampoons vacation
I could go on,and on,but I have to limit it heh..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Blade Runner , one of the few films I will never tire of watching.

Do androids dream of electric sheep ?

This is the other , best film soundtrack ever and a visual feast.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Blade Runner

Interview with a Vampire

The Commitments - highly recommended

East Is East

300: Rise of an Empire

Recently I've been watching Disney / Pixar movies. They're great fun - The Croods, in particular - if you just want something light.

If we can include TV series: Spartacus.
edit on 23-7-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Hopscotch is a 1980 American film directed by Ronald Neame and produced by Edie Landau and Ely A. Landau. It was written by Bryan Forbes and Brian Garfield, based on Garfield's novel of the same name.

The film is a comedy starring Walter Matthau as Miles Kendig, a renegade CIA agent intent on publishing a memoir exposing the inner workings of the CIA and the KGB. Sam Waterston and Ned Beatty play Cutter and Myerson, Kendig's protégé and his obnoxious, incompetent, and profane former boss, respectively, and are repeatedly foiled in their attempts to capture him and stop the publication of the damaging memoir. Herbert Lom is Yaskov, the sympathetic KGB agent with an equal interest in his capture. Glenda Jackson plays Isobel von Schoenenberg, his Austrian love interest who helps him stay one step ahead of his captors.

Swordfish is a 2001 American action crime thriller film directed by Dominic Sena and starring John Travolta, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Don Cheadle and Vinnie Jones. The film centers on Stanley Jobson, an ex-con and computer hacker who is targeted for recruitment into a bank robbery conspiracy because of his formidable hacking skills.

Soldier is a 1998 American science fiction action film directed by Paul Anderson, written by David Webb Peoples, and stars Kurt Russell, Jason Scott Lee, Jason Isaacs, Connie Nielsen, Sean Pertwee and Gary Busey.

I like most of the Vin Diesel and the more mature Bruce Willis and Sean Connery. Reaching back most of the Spaghetti Westerns and the Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies.

Quentin Tarantino definately honorable mention.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Bladerunner is great! Nice one👍

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike
Blade Runner

Interview with a Vampire

The Commitments - highly recommended

East Is East

300: Rise of an Empire

Recently I've been watching Disney / Pixar movies. They're great fun if you just want something light.

If we can include TV series: Spartacus.

I love Interview with a Vampire/East is East/and 300 Excellent Movies!

I'll have to find a couple and post them for you here!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I absolutely adore everything Highlander!! I have End Game set to record right now

The soundtrack is the pride of my CD collection.

Jas

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I have movies which i cant define taking a single place, i do have a few..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intouchables

A true story of two men who should never have met - a quadriplegic aristocrat who was injured in a paragliding accident and a young man from the projects.

IMDB

Pan's Labyrinth

Haunting fantasy-drama set in the aftermath of the Spanish Civil War and detailing the strange journeys of an imaginative young girl who may be the mythical princess of an underground kingdom.

IMDB

Her

Set in Los Angeles, slightly in the future, "her" follows Theodore Twombly, a complex, soulful man who makes his living writing touching, personal letters for other people. Heartbroken after the end of a long relationship, he becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system, which promises to be an intuitive entity in its own right, individual to each user. Upon initiating it, he is delighted to meet "Samantha," a bright, female voice, who is insightful, sensitive and surprisingly funny. As her needs and desires grow, in tandem with his own, their friendship deepens into an eventual love for each other. From the unique perspective of Oscar-nominated filmmaker Spike Jonze comes an original love story that explores the evolving nature—and the risks—of intimacy in the modern world.

IMDB

Yeopgijeogin geunyeo - My sassy girl

My Sassy Girl (엽기적인 그녀) is arguably the best Korean romantic comedy of modern times. Directed by Kwak Jae-yong, the movie is inspired from a series of online blog posts by a young man Kim Ho-sik describing his relationship with his 'sassy' (scary) girlfriend.

Whole movie if interest

IMDB

Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom

A young and truth seeking boy travels to an isolated lake, where an old Buddhist master lives on a small floating temple.

IMDB

And the legendary animator Hayao Miyazaki, his movies are probably unique.

Hayao Miyazaki

“To be born means being compelled to choose an era, a place, a life. To exist here, now, means to lost the possibility of being countless other potential selves.. Yet once being born there is no turning back. And I think that's exactly why the fantasy worlds of cartoon movies so strongly represent our hopes and yearnings. They illustrate a world of lost possibilities for us.”

IMDB

Mamoru Hosoda

With the assumption that animation is a medium for children, I want to make movies that reaffirm the future, and let them know that this world is a world worth living in.

IMDB

Makoto Shinkai

“I realize now, I was learning how to walk as well. I haven’t mastered the steps, I fall too. But im on my path, my path... and one day that path... will take me to her.”

IMDB

edit on 2016723 by tikbalang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Thanks for adding, i like all 3 of these as well. I may watch Soldier again sometime soon!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Toumbstone.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: LadyJae

I'd watch anything with Pierce Brosnan in it!

Christine, i havent seen that movie since the 80's another good one!

LOL! I know
He made an amazing 007.

I'm a huge Stephen King fan. Although I rarely watch movies made from his books, this one did a really good job with the storyline.

Jas

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Toumbstone.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join