It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Spec-Ops officially in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Was listening to the BBC last evening when a US military advisor on BBC Radio 2 stated that, "We already have Spec-Ops agents on the ground in Iran, though I am unwilling to state where or in what numbers."

It seems that this little nugget of info could be the first 'official' admittance of any US / UN military action against the Shah.

Will try to find link on BBC website now to corroborate the above.

Merkin

Edit:

Ah, seems there could be some vaguaries surrounding this.

Case for: news.bbc.co.uk...

Case against: news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 19/1/05 by Merkin]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Any confirmation of a special operation is, by definition, unofficial.

A spec op without deniability wouldn't be very special.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Those U.S SpecOps are probably in Iran to infiltrate the Shah's ranks and know more about their future nuclear ambitions or they could be sabotage operations on those nuclear research complex over there.Anyhoo,anything that has to do with Special Operations can't be good because there isn't any life-saving that has to be done there unlike other places where the U.S SpecOps are inserted into.

However,it could be just another charade like what the U.S government had always done.The credibility in what the Minister of Defense said could just be a misleading one to pull the world's attention away while they do something behind our back.

Whatever the matter is,we don't know for sure what those U.S SpecOps guys are doing in Iran.They're probably having their vacation there.Who konws?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
whats the story with the Shah of Iran?
News flash Iran does not have a Shah anymore
well not one wearing the throne anyway! Iran is rulled by Moslem Arabs simple as that.

I mean there must be something you are trying to get at, can you please tell me what that is?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think it is just another example of people not knowing the facts and yet still reaching a judgement.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Down with the Shah, Down with the Shah, Down with the Shah, there ain't no Shaw and ain't ain't a word Homer!!!!!! Go 75th Rangers!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merkin
Was listening to the BBC last evening when a US military advisor on BBC Radio 2 stated that, "We already have Spec-Ops agents on the ground in Iran, though I am unwilling to state where or in what numbers."

It seems that this little nugget of info could be the first 'official' admittance of any US / UN military action against the Shah.

The shah? The shah is in italy or something no?

Majic
Any confirmation of a special operation is, by definition, unofficial

A confirmation of a secret unofficial operation would be, but not a special operation. The Green Berets, apparently, are actually called the armies "Special Forces". The existence, training, membership, and actions, are not unofficial nor secret. Special Forces need not have anyhting to do with say, Delta Force or some such.

heartagram
Those U.S SpecOps are probably in Iran to infiltrate the Shah's ranks

Did I miss something? Maybe I did. When did the Shah return to Iran?

zurvan
News flash Iran does not have a Shah anymore

I was really starting to wonder! I was thinking maybe he had been smuggled back into the country, or at least his family or some such!

Iran is rulled by Moslem Arabs simple as that

I thought that the Farsi speaking mullahs were primarily native 'persian'ish people, that is, not ethnic arabs?

Down with the Shah, Down with the Shah, Down with the Shah

Ha. That axis of evil running tyrannical bastard! What with his nuclear ambitions and all. And Down with King Faisal of Iraq too, with his chemical weapons launched from dirigibles! And when the hell is anyone going to do something about Chang Kai-Shek and his chinese nationalists!!!! Probably nothing, since the 13 colonies are too busy smuggling crystal meth out of the Weimar Republic and using it to fund Hussars for Simon Bolivar!

Why didn't someone tell me that we were receiving posts from a couple of parallel universes!?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
75th Ranger Batallion are Special Forces also, they work in many covert op's. "The quiet ones are the dangerous ones"

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Perhaps already posted (didn't see it), but here goes.
First off. Delta is somewhat of a branch of US Army Special Forces (Green Berets). It's official designation since inception in 1978 or so is 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment Delta (1 SFOD-D). Operational detachments - usually 'A teams" are normally designated ODAxxx with numbers refering to group and battalion, etc.
Special Forces is properly ONLY US Army Special Forces (Green Berets). They are Special Operations Forces under SOCOM as are SEALS, 75th Ranger Regimental units, Air Force CCTs, pararescue and Special Operations aviation units, TF-160 (Night Stalkers) and a host of others. Currently (I believe) the USMC Force Recon folks are still not fully under SOCOM control, but they qualify to be considered 'special operation forces'.
Delta, Devgru, CIA SAG and others are similar but different .

A Special Forces mission can be overt, covert, or clandestine - as can the missions of virtually all special operators.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Im quite sure our spec. ops. have been doing a little work over there for the past several months. I would bet they are getting all of the GPS fixes on perspective targets. I won't mention any names but a friend who is a chopper jock told me that he has flown several groups to withing 2 miles of the Iran border with Iraq and he would fly back a few days late and pick them up. Way above top secret stuff. It in my opinion will not be long untill Bush gets us locked in with Iran, and if that happens I would just say it will be getting quite warm throught the whole region. Heck if bush was to hit Iran the least he could do is get our men and women out of Iraq first. If he does not, we are going to have one heck of a time fighting on two fronts in that area of the middle east. And we must watch out for Isreal so they do not do anything stupid like take out their nuke. plants while we are not looking. Im not down on Isreal ..I have some Isreal blood in me. But God forbid another one in that region of the world. Bush scares the heck out of me just from speech the other day. It was full of clues as to spreading the war out on different fronts.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is an act of war against a sovereign state! America has no right to do this and should face harsh punishments for doing so!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
act of war? no it isnt, not untill theres actual attacks, theyre just probing defenses.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

IRAN’S president, Mohammad Khatami, declared yesterday that the United States had too many problems in Iraq to be able to launch a "lunatic" attack on his country.

But he warned that plans were in place should the US make any aggressive moves.

The remarks, made in an interview with Iran’s state-run radio, marked the most senior response yet to reports indicating the US may be considering military action against Iran.

"The possibility of a US attack against Iran is very low. We think America is not in a position to take a lunatic action of attacking Iran," Mr Khatami said.

Iran did not welcome the tension with the US, he said, but it was ready to defend itself if attacked. "The US is deeply engaged in Iraq. We move forward with full vigilance. We don’t welcome any tension but if, God forbid, it commits an act of aggression, we have prepared ourselves. We have plans for it."

well,
in a time where "death squads" are a normal thing,
i didnt expect anything else from the current u.s. goverment,
then more war and
creating more middle eastern problems,
instead of solving them.
and 75th rangers battalion is going straight into the lions den.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
LOL probing defenses and maybe those chinese terorist suspects (lets not forget: suspects) are just probing u.s. defenses, how friendly is that?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
act of war? no it isnt, not untill theres actual attacks, theyre just probing defenses.

Sending military into a sovereign countries land is an act of war. I sincerely hope they get torn up into pieces.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Oh, you mean like Iran and Syria are doing in Iraq, Indigo_Child?
In truth, Indigo_Child, anything and everything can be portrayed to be an "act of war". Sponsoring, supporting, and supplying terrorist or insurgents can be portayed as such by the Iraqi government. Sending and then finding Iranian military advisors and militia actively aiding and participating in actions against the Iraqi civilian populance can be portrayed as an "act of war". This can go on.

Your venomous statement after your assertion of what is portrayed as an "act of war" speaks greatly about you and your character, let alone, speaks for itself.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Sending military into a sovereign countries land is an act of war. I sincerenly hope they get torn up into pieces.

My understanding is that indeed, the thousands of military operatives, saboteurs and provocateurs Iran has been sending into Iraq are having a rough time of it, and that most of them will probably not be going home alive. It is unfortunate, but such are the fortunes of war.

Meanwhile, here's hoping that U.S. forces, wherever they may be operating, get the job done right and come back in one piece.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You still haven't proven that Iran and Syria are "sending" insurgents? Is this something else you heard on CNN?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Just as you have yet to refut such assertions, just as you have yet to provide any type crediable confirmation of those 100, 000+ killed by the US, just as you have failed to produce anything legit to back your assertion that the US, and only the US, is specifically and deliberately committing genocide in Iraq. This can go on also. So your point is what? That like you, I can throw around assertion, too?

Its apparent that Iraq has been proclaiming and asserting such claims about Iran and Syria sending insurgents into Iraq for awhile.
Iranians sent into Iraq to cause trouble
Kurds reporting such activities
Foreign terrorist in Fallujah

Their activities in Iraq are known and documented and their "aid" is not restricted to merely funds and equipment, either.

seekerof

[edit on 22-1-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Your venomous statement after your assertion of what is portrayed as an "act of war" speaks greatly about you and your character, let alone, speaks for itself.

Why do you always feel the need to berate people when thier ideals are different from your?

Anyway. Back on topic. If we have Spec ops on the ground in Iran, it is NOT for an attack. Spec ops main role when probing the enemy is intell gathering. Probing defences of Iran is most likely what they are doing. It still doesnt make it right though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join