It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insulting people for what reasons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You can fix ugly, you can fix fat, but you can't fix stupid. Does that address your concerns?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

insults hereon seem to be [like so much of the net]

fierce !!!!TRADITION!!!!

It has actually gotten more civil in recent years, thankfully. The mods have a challenging task.

Not sure about your lack of food situation. That concerns me greatly. There should be churches and food banks in your area that would be of help. And you should be able to get food stamps.

I appreciate your compassion and empathy. Those are in short supply in our world. CONGRATS.

In terms of my personal reply to the OP insult question . . .

I prefer to be civil, even gracious and loving. That's my PREFERENCE.

And, typically, when folks relate to me in a civil way, that's about all they get in response.

WHEN fiercely contrarian, compulsive-prickly-slashing-arrogant-ognorant-haughty . . . chronically angry . . . etc. jerks insult and particularly attack my person-hood in very harsh ways--

THEN I can respond with "their language" and some level of an attempt at a Reader's Digest "Perfect Squelch" sort of reply to let them know that their poo is noticed and that I am not likely to merely roll over and play dead about it.

I have mixed feelings about that. I'm endeavoring more and more to just consider the source and their SERIOUS RAD (Attachment Disordered) background, deficits and walk on by without responding at all.

Sadly, for certain personalities and values, I have--LIFELONG--seemed to be a LIGHTENING-ROD for fierce attack--sometimes just for walking in the room and being nothing but pleasant and caring. It has been mystifying at times.

Hereon, folks see my Christianity in my avatar column and tend to erupt with seething hostility 'merely' at that.

And, I usually serve notice in many OP's about my stance toward such folks. That's deliberate for a list of reasons I won't note publicly. But it does tend to also trigger some of their fierce assaultiveness.

I think that they would be that way even without my noting my stance toward such an attitude in my OP. Having experimented, I'm certain of it. Giving that notice at least lets them know I'm not likely to be a passive wimp about their assaultive viciousness.

To me, satirical insults can be more than greatly begged for by their initial insulting statements. I try and turn the volume down compared to their poor statements but still let them know that their cr*p stinks. I do NOT have any fantasies about moderating their harshness much at all. I do hope my assertiveness avoids their having the delusion that they can "get away with murder" in such regards, however.

Sometimes the petty childish rants and fiercely assaultive person-hood attacks are so far over the line, I feel compelled to alert on a post.

I'm learning that unless I've been super squeaky clean and not giving the slightest negative retort, alerts may not trigger any response from the mods.

OF COURSE, the insults etc. arise out of past hurts, insecurities, etc. that are all CERTAINLY a result of RAD. That's pretty painfully transparent. And RAD is rampant in our culture. Almost all of us have some degree of it with various levels of success at overcoming those dynamics.

Anyway--that's a brief commentary answering your OP.

Prayers for your food and health needs and about the time card problem.

I'm not that troubled about your language. I make as good a sense as I can of your posts and respond accordingly.

Cheers,

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

i can empathize with you.

but you should just be nice when people are mean. don't let them drag you down to their level.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

True. True.

Sigh.

Have been thinking of just replying with Dr Merisa Peer's 5th point from her youtube video about making connection etc.

www.youtube.com...

1. "THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT."
2. "WOULD YOU REPEAT THAT SLOWLY?"

3. "ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD ABOUT MYSELF?"
4. "THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK BECAUSE I AM NOT GOING TO LET IT IN."

5. "DO YOU KNOW THAT CRITICAL PEOPLE HAVE THE MOST CRITICISM RESERVED FOR THEMSELVES? YOU ARE SHOWING ME AND OTHERS HOW DISSATISFIED YOU ARE WITH YOURSELF WHEN YOU BEHAVE LIKE THIS."

That would be a better option.

Thx

top topics

<< 1   >>

join