It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Islamophobes — Muslim Man Dies Saving Hundreds of Lives by Hugging a Suicide Bomber

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

What percentage of Muslims do you think are extremists, or hold extreme points of view?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

God bless you Najih Al-Baldawi and rest in peace!

You done a Mans job!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Cool, now if the peacful Muslims in mosques notice a radical group forming, they can call the FBI or whomever is the law in that area. It would be nice to have a way to identify the bad ones. As of now, you can't tell until you notice the bomb.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Cool, now if the peacful Muslims in mosques notice a radical group forming, they can call the FBI or whomever is the law in that area. It would be nice to have a way to identify the bad ones. As of now, you can't tell until you notice the bomb.

Can you look at a group of students and pick out which one will be shooting his school up in a week? No. So how do you expect Muslims to make the same determination among their own people? The fact is that bad people are good at hiding their actions until it is too late. That's the whole POINT. If you are out and the open with your plans, you get caught. That is criminal 101 right there.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

so you have the magical powers to look at a group of say 100 Muslims and detect the three radicals among them by sight alone? Wow, you really are amazing.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

ISIS has just as much legitimacy to call themselves Muslims like any other sect

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so you have the magical powers to look at a group of say 100 Muslims and detect the three radicals among them by sight alone? Wow, you really are amazing.

No I'm saying that no one does. Just like you can't look at a group of black people and pick out the three that are going to rob a liquor store or at a group of Mexicans and pick out the murderers.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFlyOnTheWall

Just as with radical Christians , you can't judge the many by the actions of the few.
Christian Terrorism

There are bad apples in every barrel.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Would you like a copy of the Quran? I have one in PDF form and in chronological order. From the "somewhat" peaceful verses during the Meccan times to all the bad, pernicious, violent verses of the Medina times. It's about 400 pages and with several pots of coffee you can get through it. I did.

Would you like to read it? I think it might be a good idea. Then, like myself, you can join these debates with an informed mind and you can use it for bragging rights.

Knowing one or two good Muslim people isn't enough to cut it. You need to read the Quran. Then the biography, then some of the hadiths. Then cross reference everything with what is online and what the Scholars have to say in their divergence. THEN you can talk about Islam like you know something about it. Until then, sorry, you're just sadly uniformed.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Would you like a copy of the Quran? I have one in PDF form and in chronological order. From the "somewhat" peaceful verses during the Meccan times to all the bad, pernicious, violent verses of the Medina times. It's about 400 pages and with several pots of coffee you can get through it. I did.

Would you like to read it? I think it might be a good idea. Then, like myself, you can join these debates with an informed mind and you can use it for bragging rights.

Knowing one or two good Muslim people isn't enough to cut it. You need to read the Quran. Then the biography, then some of the hadiths. Then cross reference everything with what is online and what the Scholars have to say in their divergence. THEN you can talk about Islam like you know something about it. Until then, sorry, you're just sadly uniformed.

Debating the Quran will be just as useful as debating the Bible. Both books are open to the readers' interpretation. Don't give me this awful and tired argument. You should know DAMN well that religion is open to the interpretation of the believer and no two people believe the same things across their faiths. You should also be WELL aware of at the very LEAST the two different main denominations of Muslims, but also the minor ones within those denominations.

To come up with this argument is so weak it isn't even funny. Like just because a book says something means that the reader can't have selective interpretation of it like Christians do with the Bible. This argument is a stupid double standard being applied to holy books.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Just as with radical Christians , you can't judge the many by the actions of the few.
Christian Terrorism

I'll agree with you that no monotheistic religion is peaceful. Goes for Christianity. But It's not Christianity attacking the west right now. It's Islam. And it's not Christianity that is told to kill infidels. It's Islam. Christianity is the least of anyone's concerns at the moment. Maybe in 300 years things could change but this century it's Islam under the spot light.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Christian Terrorism

I'll agree with you that no monotheistic religion is peaceful. Goes for Christianity. But It's not Christianity attacking the west right now. It's Islam. And it's not Christianity that is told to kill infidels. It's Islam. Christianity is the least of anyone's concerns at the moment. Maybe in 300 years things could change but this century it's Islam under the spot light.

No it's not Islam. It is Wahabism that is telling people to kill infidels. Wahabism is a CULT of the Muslim religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No it's not Islam. It is Wahabism that is telling people to kill infidels. Wahabism is a CULT of the Muslim religion.

You're kidding yourself.

www.pewforum.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Supporting Sharia isn't the same as supporting Wahabism. Nice attempt at a false equivalency fallacy though.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

How myopic of you. You mean to tell me you don't need to know what the tenets of Islam are before engaging in a debate?
At least admit knowledge is power. For example. What is 5:32 about? Do you know anything about verse 5:32? or the Talmud? Probably not, because you haven't researched it. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously if you can't be bothered to research your own claims? Cognitive dissonance much?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
37 people died.
The suicide bomber was Islamic.

Yay.
What a 'feel good' story that was.

Take that Islamophobes!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You call this a win for muslims? At best, it breaks even. It's 1 - 1. A "bad" muslim and a "good" one, using your logic.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

A brave selfless act indeed , RiP Mr Al-Baldawi.

His bravery should be remembered , who of us would give the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of others.

Yes.
If anyone should get a reward in the afterlife, it would be him.

Eff that 70 virgin thing, give the man one really experienced lover.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

I'll agree with you that no monotheistic religion is peaceful. Goes for Christianity. But It's not Christianity attacking the west right now. It's Islam.

But wasn't it Christians who sparked this whole thing off ?
The formation of Daesh can be traced back to the invasion of Iraq and toppling of Saddam , we are reaping what we have sown.

edit on 19-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

My Muslim friend is a saint. He'd give the shirt off his back to someone in need.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join