It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take that Islamophobes — Muslim Man Dies Saving Hundreds of Lives by Hugging a Suicide Bomber

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think it's important for this story to be seen. It is about a man who saved a lot of lives by stopping a suicide bomber by hugging him and setting off the bomb, killing them both of course. I don't know what else to add. I think it's great to see something like this though. Maybe he can be the hero and cause more Muslims to stand up to the terrorists.

According to a Joint Operations spokesman in Iraq, the attack caused 70 injuries. Instead of hundreds dying, only 37 were killed because of the heroic actions of a single Muslim man.

Also, never really spoken of in the mainstream:

Last December, 70,000 clerics came together, representing the majority of the Muslim world and publicly denounced ISIS as a threat to humanity. Also, a Duke University study found more terrorism suspects and perpetrators were brought to the attention of law enforcement by members of the Muslim-American community than were discovered through U.S. government investigations. And a Pew survey found that roughly half of U.S. Muslims say their religious leaders aren’t speaking out enough against Islamic extremism, reports CNN.

thefreethoughtproject.com...
edit on 19-7-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ellie Sagan

I think he just wanted some of the Jihadi glory.. might be granted 36 virgins for co-conspiring?

Im kidding of course, good to see a Muslim revolting against the extremists but id be intrigued to see how many Muslims support his actions?

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
How many times do any of us have to tell you?

The tragedy of this situation is that we know not all Muslims are bad, but we don't know which are which. Only the Muslims themselves are likely to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

If we on the outside have to do this in order to save ourselves from the madness, things will get messy because we won't and can't know. We aren't on the inside. No one wants that.

They have to be willing to step up and do the job and we have to support them at it where we can and they ask. Otherwise, the only common factor we have is to separate out Muslims.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
So a Muslim does yet another terror attack but it's okay because another Muslim tried to stop him.

Yeah sure, win for Muslims.
edit on 19-7-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
How many times do any of us have to tell you?

The tragedy of this situation is that we know not all Muslims are bad, but we don't know which are which.

They will never understand it because they don't want to. They'll be the first to say guns kill people though, and not people. There is a fundamental cognitive dissonance with them, that's all I know :/

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Matters less he was "Muslim" than a man who saw the right thing to do in the moment, and did it.

Like when a grenade lands at the feet of a group of soldiers and one of them falls on it, who cares what religion he practices?

edit on 19-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling, what else

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Matters less he was "Muslim" than a man who saw the right thing to do in the moment, and did it.

Like when a grenade lands at the feet of a group of soldiers and one of them falls on it, who cares what religion he practices?

The world, since it is a big jewellery shop and every store has invited the family of thieves in for tea.

Why are you so obtuse sometimes...

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This is so ignorant it's not even funny. You make it sound like Muslims are some mysterious group of people. They are humans just like everyone else. There are good ones and bad ones. It isn't hard to figure out which is which either. The one blowing people up is clearly the bad one. The one preaching peace and tolerance is a good one.

Stop pretending like these people are some others that behave differently than other humans. They are humans just like you and I. Ignorance like yours prevents us from bridging our misconceptions and overcoming these difficulties we experience between our two cultures.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As a white guy I have quite a few Arabic friends, most from Palestine and Jordan, all of which have openly declared that they denounce Isis. One of my friends almost broke down in tears declaring that Isis does not represent Islam, some of them even openly declare that that they believe that some of the doctrines of Islam that they don't agree with, I have to say that some of my Islamic friends behave in the spirit of true friendship which some of my white friends don't do.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan

Take that Islamophobes...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is so ignorant it's not even funny. You make it sound like Muslims are some mysterious group of people. They are humans just like everyone else. There are good ones and bad ones. It isn't hard to figure out which is which either. The one blowing people up is clearly the bad one. The one preaching peace and tolerance is a good one.

Stop pretending like these people are some others that behave differently than other humans. They are humans just like you and I. Ignorance like yours prevents us from bridging our misconceptions and overcoming these difficulties we experience between our two cultures.

I'm not.

But you betray you staggering ignorance of Christians and Christianity every day. I would not even pretend that you would have the first clue where to start if the Christian community were facing the same kind of problem.

Muslims and their religion and lives are the same. They are insular in their own way. They go into their mosques and worship centers and they know each other and what really goes on in there better than we do. It's a community we are not inside.

And I am fine with that, but I also recognize that it means there are aspects of their life I am not and will never be privy to. And it's in those moments when they will have a better chance of knowing who is prone to terror and who is not and who supports those who are.

Or do you make the mistake of thinking your Muslim neighbor tells you all those intimate details of private religious life and belief because that's what this it tied up into? I'll bet he doesn't, especially if you treat him the way you tend to treat anyone here who espouses any degree of faith.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

how naive of you Krazysh0t, even moderate, peace loving, caring Muslims are not like the majority of people in the west..

whether you support Jihad or not, they still practice a religion which conjures everything we have fought to abolish in the west. they still practice a religion of which their prophet had intercourse with a 9 year old, a religion where it is beileved that once a women is sold to her man that he has the right to rape her, a religion that has stated throughout its preachings and books that any non believer should be made to convert or meet the end of a blade...

which part of that makes the people who are devote to Islam human? they have flesh and blood like us but they are not like us.. sooner you learn that the better.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

They have to be willing to step up and do the job and we have to support them at it where we can and they ask. Otherwise, the only common factor we have is to separate out Muslims.

But they are all 'Muslim'. Conveniently...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

So one with a sense of humanity makes up for the tens of thousands of other nut bags bent on murder? Sure... that works.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

A brave selfless act indeed , RiP Mr Al-Baldawi.

His bravery should be remembered , who of us would give the ultimate sacrifice for the sake of others.

edit on 19-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
RIP hero.

🙏🙏🙏

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm not.

But you betray you staggering ignorance of Christians and Christianity every day. I would not even pretend that you would have the first clue where to start if the Christian community were facing the same kind of problem.

Irrelevant. 100% irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Muslims and their religion and lives are the same. They are insular in their own way. They go into their mosques and worship centers and they know each other and what really goes on in there better than we do. It's a community we are not inside.

And I am fine with that, but I also recognize that it means there are aspects of their life I am not and will never be privy to. And it's in those moments when they will have a better chance of knowing who is prone to terror and who is not and who supports those who are.

Or do you make the mistake of thinking your Muslim neighbor tells you all those intimate details of private religious life and belief because that's what this it tied up into? I'll bet he doesn't, especially if you treat him the way you tend to treat anyone here who espouses any degree of faith.

I'm just not ignorant enough to believe that every Muslim is possibly a terrorist like you clearly do. I work with them every day. There are many parts of their religion I don't approve of just like with Christianity, but just like Christians I get along with them just fine. It's not hard and if people like you would just ATTEMPT to understand these people better you'd realize they aren't so scary.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMNicks

how naive of you Krazysh0t, even moderate, peace loving, caring Muslims are not like the majority of people in the west..

How naive of you. I actually KNOW and am friends with Muslims. So I know ALL about how moderate Muslims act.

whether you support Jihad or not, they still practice a religion which conjures everything we have fought to abolish in the west. they still practice a religion of which their prophet had intercourse with a 9 year old, a religion where it is beileved that once a women is sold to her man that he has the right to rape her, a religion that has stated throughout its preachings and books that any non believer should be made to convert or meet the end of a blade...

which part of that makes the people who are devote to Islam human? they have flesh and blood like us but they are not like us.. sooner you learn that the better.

You are a liar who is just making up his own interpretation of other people's religion.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

what ever makes it easier for your P.C mind to sleep at night...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Because people hear the word Muslim and instantly go into hate mode, there could be a Muslim killed in the same room as a none Muslim bomber and the Muslim guy will still somehow be guilty

ISIS and all those affiliated should be classed as their own religion, they are in no way shape or form Muslim people, they may have been born a Muslim but that's not what they've grown to be. A real Muslim man is the man on the other side of the suicide vest, putting himself in the way to save others

People need to stop listening to the media and go meet the real people of Islam, I'm lucky to know quite a few Muslim families, I love visiting mates, they will feed you whether your hungry or not (they do some damn fine food to), they would take care of you if you need it, they would give you the shirt off their backs if you was in need but at the end of the day they are just normal people.

My mates wife hand made my daughter a salwar kameez and a sari because my girl loves their clothes so much, hand embroided in a couple of days, I was gona throw in a 'she must have learnt it in a sweatshop before my mate paid for her' joke here but i'm trying to be serious so if someone wouldn't mind helping me out... lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join