It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
These comments are general, and are not specific enough to be considered copying.
Treating people with respect, wanting children to achieve their dreams, values, working hard....
Those are common themes, worded differently.
This is truly grasping at straws.

There was so much good stuff in those speeches last night, that I'm sure they had to dig hard to find "something" to criticize.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
i was just coming in to write a thread about this........

what is it with these gaffs that these people keep making are they trying to mess with peoples heads,
surely they know that this will get spotted, i believe that this is deliberate.... but to what end, i cant
get my head around it, although i will say she spoke very well..... better than Michael anyway, so maybe
that was the end, anything Michael can do, i can do better...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: muse7

C. She wrote most of it herself but some troll of a speech writer decided to throw in Moochelle's speechwriter's phrasing unbeknownst to Melania.

"This is how we would say work hard, be honest and fair using common american phrases, Mrs. Trump"

Yes, it's also the difference in delivery.

Like Dylan's All Along the Watchtower compared to Hendrix's version.

Btw, who cares.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
i was just coming in to write a thread about this........

what is it with these gaffs that these people keep making are they trying to mess with peoples heads,
surely they know that this will get spotted, i believe that this is deliberate.... but to what end, i cant
get my head around it, although i will say she spoke very well..... better than Michael anyway, so maybe
that was the end, anything Michael can do, i can do better...

Apologize all you want. The majority are not falling for this fakeass campaign.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Is there any characters more scrutinized yet more ineffectual than the First Lady or the Vice President?

ie; Who cares?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: eluryh22

originally posted by: muse7
Here it is

Side by side

Wow...

Does that mean Obama bad and Trump good?
Or Obama good and Trump bad?

you're on ATS, you should already know that answer.

75% of the time, or more, the comments are 'Obama bad'.

And this is different from the trump bad, Republicans bad, Bush bad, conservative bad, Christians bad?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
what difference does it make... how many people are watching the RNC just to get offended... probably the same amount that will watch the DNC to get offended...

Why dont we just admit that the system is borked and nobody in either party gives a hoot about we the little people...

But of course the majority will still run out and vote for their favorite R or D because This time they are telling the truth...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This is completely deliberate lol.

Look how much publicity, though negative, they're getting, FOR FREE.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I am the furthest thing from a Trump OR Hillary supporter, but I do not blame Melania. She had a speech writer, the speech writer should be scrutinized for this, if anything. (that is to say if you even think its worth scrutinizing.)

-Alee
edit on 7/19/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
At least Melania believes what she spoke of last night.The First Lady wouldn't pass a lie detector test.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

She's a fraud just like her orange husband.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Matt Lauer just asked if they think a prosecuter would charge her in court
, only on liberal MSM are two lines of a speech more important 30,000 deleted emails

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
These comments are general, and are not specific enough to be considered copying.
Treating people with respect, wanting children to achieve their dreams, values, working hard....
Those are common themes, worded differently.
This is truly grasping at straws.

There was so much good stuff in those speeches last night, that I'm sure they had to dig hard to find "something" to criticize.

They aren't general comments though, they are pretty much word for word copy/pasta.

There's nothing 'general about that'.

Now obviously she was just given a speech to read and it's not her fault, it's just more proof that Donald either doesn't listen to his advisers or doesn't care what the smartest people in the room are saying.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have never blamed or thought bad of Melania. I see where she finds herself. I imagine she wanted to marry a wealthy man. She may be deelply in love with him, as well. But I do not think she was prepared for or expected this.

It would be real easy to do some Melania bashing - and to be honest I started out right there a while back. It's too easy

But you are right - and I was wrong

She might be wonderful and lovely - she might be vile. I have no idea about who Melania really is either way. She's still a bit of a mystery

There was this...

But how much of what she says is what she says we can't be sure

At this point she is a prop in this nasty Trump cartoon - and a kind of hostage. So, until I know better she gets nothing but compassion from me

edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well ... in my analysis ... they're sending the message that no one ever listened to much the 0bama's had to say about anything.

I'm fine with that.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Just one thing.

How is it not her fault? What about personal responsibility?

Here, let me just read whatever someone puts on a teleprompter? Uh, no.

What about "she wrote most of it?" Oh, yeah, except for this one part.

Okay, that was more than one thing.

People need to stop making excuses for these unthinking mouthpieces who simply spew what they're told to. For all of them, from the media to the politicians.
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: fixed typo

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

How is it not her fault? What about personal responsibility?

She's a prop though, she's not personally responsible, she had nothing to do with it. All she's responsible for is feeding her husband's ego.

What about "she wrote most of it?" Oh, yeah, except for this one part.

Did she say that live on TV or was that a quote from somebody else? Cause I really doubt that she ever said that, sounds more like Trump making things up for her supposed benefit.

I get what you're saying, I do, but anybody who looks at this objectively can tell she is probably being used for the benefit of the Donald Campaign and other people made decisions for her. I imagine she'd never read the speech until they put it in front of her an hour before show time.

And really, the smart thing to have done, was for Trump to come out, fire that guy who wrote the speech on live television, apologize and move on. That would have shown some personal responsibility for a mistake his campaign made, and that is ultimately responsible for.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Whats funny is this is EXACTLY what Donald trump WANTS you all to do. NEgative campaigning against him Usually gives him a BOOST. I think they were trolling Obamas wife with this on purpose.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Whats funny is this is EXACTLY what Donald trump WANTS you all to do. NEgative campaigning against him Usually gives him a BOOST. I think they were trolling Obamas wife with this on purpose.

Yep that would not surprise me.

Seems to deliberate to just be a mistake, and now he gets even more free press than he already was going to get tonight.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Trump never worked hard a day in his life. You must not know much about him at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join