It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Hmm listening to both speeches and looking at the families of both women... is there even the possibility of both speeches being honest from those women?

It is not far fetched that both would want good lives for their kids...

Could it be possible both Obama and Trump married GOOD women...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
These comments are general, and are not specific enough to be considered copying.

You're Mistaken
7 words in a row is plagiarism. There's one place in her speech where 23 words are the same.

I don't blame her at all. It's the incompetent campaign, run by Donald Trump.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

If she's a prop, she let herself be a prop. That's still no excuse.

I belive she said it on NBC or MSNBC.

We will probably never know what happens to the speech writer. His MO is typically to just not address it and hope the idiots forget or to deny. There's no denying this one, so as with the disastrous logo, this will probably just go the way of the silencce. But I guess we'll see.

For someone who takes such pride in hiring only the best of the best, this week's sure been a lot of mud on the face for this campaign.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

For someone who takes such pride in hiring only the best of the best, this week's sure been a lot of mud on the face for this campaign.

And that's primarily the reason I blame him mostly, not her. Yes she allows herself to be used this way, that's a problem I agree.

But the majority of the blame and responsibility falls on those making her do those things in the first place.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
There's one place in her speech where 23 words are the same.

You went back and counted? OMG ... are you serious?

Hillary Clinton broke how many laws e-mailing classified material in the clear? But, you're nailing Trump's wife over some words a speech writer handed her to say.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Please, can someone give me one rational reason why are people freaking out about this?

Are you honestly this desperate, and have to make a big deal out of unimportant things, such as this?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's worse than this.

See here: [Link to Panel Discussion] See at 2:30.

22 out of 26 were direct, word for word. Overwhelming, incontrovertible case of plagiarism.

29 identical with 6 words slightly changed. Direct lift.

And, again, I disagree that she could not possible have known, She's smart. She could have.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: MysticPearl

LOL , so you went all the way back to school...and the 2 situations are not compareable.

Politicians often use the words of famous people. They quote MLK, George Washington. They might accidenally echo the same ideas of others. It is not the same.

So Deval Patrick is a famous person?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

But she did them. There was no gun to her head. Her choice. Her responsibility. Sorry.
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

People need to stop making excuses for these unthinking mouthpieces who simply spew what they're told to. For all of them, from the media to the politicians.

Yeah - I'm going to go after Ivanka and her litter mates then. All of it purposeful - all of it something they could distance themselves from instead of helping to make a reality. All of it makes them a legitimate target

Oh, please - dear god - don't make me defend any part of this affront to our national IQ puppet show :-)

Is there a single thing she said that was untrue from her point of view? Plagiarized or not - it's inane and expected. She's his wife. I can't blame Pat for Nixon

If the woman goes FLOTUS on us we'll know better by the things she commits to, the things she says off the cuff

edit on 7/19/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
You went back and counted? OMG ... are you serious?

I don't like to just take people's words for things, I like to be right, so I do my research. It's fairly easy to look at the comparison and count to 23.

Thanks, Luce. I think someone handed her a paper and she read it. It's not like she would remember and think... This sounds familiar... She TRUSTS her husband. She's a prop, and she may know that and be OK with it, but I can't picture a scenario where SHE knew it was plagiarized and still agreed to read it...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Please, can someone give me one rational reason why are people freaking out about this?

Are you honestly this desperate, and have to make a big deal out of unimportant things, such as this?

Because a non-politician from the right did it. Only career politicians like Biden are allowed to plagiarize, that's why the libs are all bent out of shape.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah. but I'm sure I wouldn't get up on a world stage and blindly read words someone else wrote for me, ever. Or that I wouldn't have prepped and watched the past few decades of spouses' speeches either, but I guess that's just me. I wouldn't trust a spouse or anyone enough to do either, particularly in the midst of an ugly campaign.

"I read it once over, and that's all because I wrote it with as little help as possible,'' she told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Monday.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: kosmicjack

Wait didn't she say she wrote it?

With as little help as possible?

So who's the team of writers.?

It's a given in politics - she didn't write it but of course she takes credit for it. That's how it works. not everyone is Barack Obama, few are.

Anyways, this morning's news coverage and commentary is absolutely brutal. And, as we predicted last night, the Trump campaign is making it worse by doubling down. No clear statement, no responsibility, no repercussions. The number of Trump supporters who are defending this is just asinine. I mean really unbelievable. Smart people who know damn well it's beyond a big blunder.

I feel so bad for Melania Trump because Paul Manaforte utterly threw her under the bus. If I'm Trump, I'm firing him since it was his top aide who wrote the speech.

Bush league people, bush league. THIS is a window to how our country will be run if he is elected.

edit on 7/19/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Because it goes to character.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Are the people NOT concerned with honesty from Hillary now calling out something dishonest?
Its a political speech, its not like its classified info or national security or anything important like that.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
In the end, the Melania speech will just be a footnote either way. Its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Its just more crap the media will blow up and make a bigger deal than it really is. They have a STORY now, YAY THEM! Lets face it, this type of crap happens a lot in politics. This isn't the first time or the last time that this will happen.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Are the people NOT concerned with honesty from Hillary now calling out something dishonest?
Its a political speech, its not like its classified info or national security or anything important like that.

Wait, only Hillary's allowed to plagiarize, don't you know.

Hillary Clinton’s Blatant Plagiarism Former First Lady doesn't try to hide her big book of Bernie lines

Twitter has responded to Ms. Clinton’s use of Mr. Sanders’ lines with the hashtag #StealTheBern, and CNN Political Commentator Van Jones pointed out, “You could have switched speeches tonight. Hillary Clinton’s speech and Bernie Sanders. If you just switched them, you would not have known the difference. That is the impact that Sanders has had on this race and Hillary Clinton.”

Last month, Mr. Sanders joked on NBC’s Meet the Press, “We’re looking into the copyright issues here, those are our words.” Mr. Sanders referred to Ms. Clinton’s victory speech after winning Nevada, where she stole, verbatim, talking points often used by Mr. Sanders on Wall Street reform.

observer.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: BlueAjah
These comments are general, and are not specific enough to be considered copying.

You're Mistaken
7 words in a row is plagiarism. There's one place in her speech where 23 words are the same.

I don't blame her at all. It's the incompetent campaign, run by Donald Trump.

The guy you voted for:

Who are you voting for this time around? The criminal Hillary? It's amazing how THIS shows incompetence, but everything going on with Hillary is to be dismissed! You people are nothing if not completely inconsistent.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

And you all fall for the trap that was her speech. im LMAO over here. This is to show how nit picky people are. its a Troll and you are taking the bait. With this they arent talking as much about hillary.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join