It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's RNC speech versus Michelle Obama's DNC speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rubicon3
a reply to: Snarl

That line spoke absolute VOLUMES...told me everything I needed to know about her. What an embarrassment. 👎

Without context, no idea what it told you.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I don't think it's plagiarism at all.

I think Obama and Trump both hired the same idiot speech writer for their wives... which means both boys have access to the same people.

Ergo, they're both a member of the Big Boys' Club of America.

That is some out of the box thinking there. A different take than others in this thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Personally I wouldn't have the balls to get up in front of millions of people and give any speech. It makes it worse that it is going to be hyper-analyzed by every talking head in the universe. She is braver than me.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wow...pretty blatant.

Also see US Today for a transcript.

So...then are we blaming the little people? The graphic designer of the logo. The speechwriter. Have those heads rolled yet too, like the campaign managers?

Remember...he hires only the best. No wait...he primarily does it himself. Shudders at him picking a cabinet. Or keeping them.

From Donald Trump’s Greatest Self-Contradictions:

“I do listen to people. I hire experts. I hire top, top people. And I do listen.” (Greenville, South Carolina, February 13, 2016)

“I’m speaking with myself, No. 1, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things. … My primary consultant is myself.” (MSNBC, March 16, 2016)

Quite the conundrum. *Eyeroll
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Personally I wouldn't have the balls to get up in front of millions of people and give any speech. It makes it worse that it is going to be hyper-analyzed by every talking head in the universe. She is braver than me.

I don't blame her. Trump just has absolutely no idea of what he is doing.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MysticPearl

You're not doing them or the GOP any favors by trying to justify this. It's bad and needs to be reconciled in a decisive way. But, alas, it will most likely result in Trump doubling down and getting nasty as well as more bumbling by his organization because, if the pressure was on before...

Not really. Biden has plagiarized. Obama has plagiarized. Hillary has plagiarized.

What's the common denominator? Few care.

Now you've made your anti-Trump stance readily known, so I'd expect someone such as yourself to be a bit more obsessed about this, as you think Trump is going to be a fraud as President, which is mostly just arguing on emotion and hatred, nothing substantive.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Really?

Word for word almost.
I really hate to think of people cheating. I am a big believer in giving the benefit of the doubt.

The words are close. But they also don't display uncommon concepts
A speech about family values is going to present these types of concepts.
We were raised to work hard. We want to pass these values on . Yada yada.

I think ill just wait to see if there's a reason offered.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Where is her country?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Trump is a genius at generating publicity!

On the scale of things, his wifes speech is inconsequential and unlikey to sway voters either way. Most people are saying they feel sorry for Melania.

But the publicity already generated In the media is PRICELESS.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That is some out of the box thinking there. A different take than others in this thread

That's what I thought !

... but only because I didn't realize Michelle's speech was actually from 2008 and not just recently given, like Melania's speech was.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: muse7

Really?

Word for word almost.
I really hate to think of people cheating. I am a big believer in giving the benefit of the doubt.

The words are close. But they also don't display uncommon concepts
A speech about family values is going to present these types of concepts.
We were raised to work hard. We want to pass these values on . Yada yada.

I think ill just wait to see if there's a reason offered.

Melania didn't cheat, she was handed that speech - or it was put on a teleprompter I mean- by someone who completely copied almost word for word.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

edit on 7192016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did she tell Matt Lauer that she wrote it? I didn't see that interview.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Trump is a genius at generating publicity!

On the scale of things, his wifes speech is inconsequential and unlikey to sway voters either way. Most people are saying they feel sorry for Melania.

But the publicity already generated In the media is PRICELESS.

I really don't think this was planned. It will fall on Trump, no matter what people think of his wife.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Did she tell Matt Lauer that she wrote it? I didn't see that interview.

Sorry, I'm not following.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Somehow that really doesn't fly an excuse.

One would think that she rehearsed it, that as they prepped her for the speech, they may have even shown her past speeches or at the very least they themselves might have researched reviewed them. That's what people good at their jobs would do. But, hey, if they were short-sighted to as only look at speeches from one side, too bad for them now, eh?

But hey, maybe what you said happened and maybe it was even sabotage, and the person who loads the teleprompter, a secret leftist, loaded the wrong speech. And she just cold-read it. Ha.
edit on 7/19/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Whenever I've been involved in the hiring process, I've never asked or cared about what a spouse had to say about a prospective employee.

What if the spouse says his/her mate is a compulsive thief who is bound to get caught?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

The fact is, this drama serves no one. I'm quite sure she didn't sign up for this and so I have compassion for her.
But it's not good for the political process and the stability of the country for there to be one thing after the other from either the right or the left. It's pointed and telling when die-hards just can't admit when something is wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Most Americans had no idea there was even a convention going on.

They will sure know about it tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Irrespective of whether you like Trump or not, he's not the idiot that the media likes to make out. Which leaves me wondering if he didn't do this on purpose.
After all, no Democrat is going to vote for him. The media is giving far more exposure to this speech than it probably deserves.
Some folks say there's no such thing as bad publicity...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join