It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas shooter Micah Johnson purchased AK-47 through Facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Micah Johnson, the man who killed five police officers in Dallas on July 7 , purchased an AK-47 through Facebook and then picked up the gun in a Target parking lot, according to the New York Daily News .

Colton Crews, the man who sold Johnson the gun, said he had forgotten about the sale, which happened in 2014, until federal investigators came looking for him. "I don't even know how I feel about it right now," Crews told the Daily News. "I have no idea. It's awful. It's just bad."

Crews says he sold the gun for $600 in November of 2014 because he wanted to pay for tickets to a destination wedding in Mexico.

Dallas shooter Micah Johnson purchased AK-47 through Facebook

Note not sure if they are right and the police found an AK47 or if they mean an AK74 and the leaked picture is genuine. Makes you wonder just what else he had. This could also be one of the weapons he reported stolen last year.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I heard he 3d printed it at staples

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
because facebook can be faked easily

sounds like another computer crime

help us president ron paul erm barack obama

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I read about this this morning and started to make a thread myself. I hope they look at that Crews guy a little closer. He has an interesting background.

This fits in with the gun control issue perfectly, i.e., "see how easy it was to get this gun? We need to close these kinds of loopholes and start a national data base" rhetoric.

Obama isn't finished yet. Also, Micah Johnson was part of the Individual Ready Reserve. Hmmmmm.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh pleeeease, does this mean we can finally bane FB?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Not the gun he used in the shootings? So why does it matter where he bought a totally unrelated to the story gun?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I read about this this morning and started to make a thread myself. I hope they look at that Crews guy a little closer. He has an interesting background.

This fits in with the gun control issue perfectly, i.e., "see how easy it was to get this gun? We need to close these kinds of loopholes and start a national data base" rhetoric.

Obama isn't finished yet. Also, Micah Johnson was part of the Individual Ready Reserve. Hmmmmm.

I don't think this one is about gun control I think this is to make sure people are pointing them at each other and not the so called leaders. You may have a point though.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Not the gun he used in the shootings? So why does it matter where he bought a totally unrelated to the story gun?
a point that lends more weight to the post above.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

which post above

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Facebook isnt going anywhere.

Its the modern day CIA for petes sake. It will only grow larger, more politicized (if thats possible) and more hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

which post above
the point queenofswords made about gun control.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think we need background checks for Facebook. People can too easily buy an assault rifle with 30 round ghost clips. Also you shouldn't be able to have a facebook if you're on the no fly list.
edit on 13-7-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The article I read said A weapon was purchased with facebook as a go between.

The article further went on to say LEO would not confirm it was one of the weapons used.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

A friend of mine buys/sells/trades firearms, accessories and ammo on a local FB firearm group.

He ensures that all transactions are within state law requirements, but it's hard to know if someone is going to go crazy.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

Facebook appears to have provided material support to a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think you want to read up what that actually means.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

first he had an AR15.....then an SKS.......then a Saiga......just ban them all,sigh...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Well they are weapons of war.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Well they are weapons of war.

................and it's a war zone out there nowadays.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Get real, will never happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join