It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Divisive Nature of Things and Why they will Increase

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Watching the news the past few months and see a lot of the things being reported on, and in tandem coming to ATS and reading the diverse and varying views on things, as well as having a Facebook account with a lot of news feeds, and reading the rants and the divisive comments of so many people, as well as going out into my own neighborhood and hearing and seeing what is happening is quite alarming to me.

It does not surprise me. But it does ring alarm bells in my head.

Why is the world so divisive? And why will it only continue to be so more and more?

This here post is for everyone on ATS to mediate and ponder.

We have entered into what the Holy Scriptures refer to as the last days, or end times. I realize there are a lot of people on this forum that always post about a certain date "the end" will come. This is not about that.

It is to help some to see what is happening in light of Bible prophecy.

Now before I continue I want to add that I respect all beliefs and opinions. And I realize, after perusing these forums for more than a handful of years the majority of people on ATS are not Christian and don't believe in the Bible, while there are many of you out there that do.

I post this out of a hope to shed light, not my own light, but from Scripture about what is happening.

Firstly there are two key scriptures that tell us what it will be like in the last days. The first is Jesus himself talking. He refers to a number of events, that as they all happen at the same time, a person can conclude the the end is at hand, just as, when a person see flowers bud on a tree they know summer is near.

His prophecy is found in three gospels of the Bible, one in Matthew 24, one in Mark 13 and the other in Luke 21. I recommend everyone to read those chapters. I will post a few quotes from them.

Simply, Jesus' knowledge of the future was that of a true prophet and that of the only-begotten son. And when his apostles' asked him what would indicate that the end had arrived he gave a list of events that would be happening. Here they are:

(Matthew 24:3-14) . . .the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?” 4 In answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads you, 5 for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. 6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress. 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

There are those that argue that all of these events have continued to occur throughout history. And mostly they would be correct to a certain extent, not on a world-wide scale of course but in localized areas spread out through time.

But only in our day have all of these things come to pass.

Please read the prophecy given by Jesus above. There he would us that there would be wars and reports of wars, many would come in the name of Christ, but the end would not be yet. Nation would rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. He talked about food shortages and earthquakes in one place after the other.

Now notice he said that many would "hate one another" and betray one another. And that because of the increasing of lawlessness the love of the greater number would cool off. That is there would be a tendency toward hatred and a lack of love because of the lack of law worldwide.

Now one prophecy of note which has never been fulfilled in any time in history but today is that of Matthew 24:14 which states that the good news of the kingdom would be preached in all the earth. After that then finally the end would come.

Now seeing this list of events and keeping it in mind (and it is not all, there are more things in Jesus' prophecy please read the references) notice another prophecy about the last days.

This prophecy has to do, not with events, but with the mental bent, the attitude of people alive during our time:

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) . . .But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

We do not have to go into detail about how that list above describes very well people all over the earth today, in politics, the religious leaders, people in commerce, many people who frequent this very forum.

These attitudes exude in human society today. And they will only continue.

So you should not expect for things to get any better. In fact as Jehovah's day approaches expect things to get worse. The division among people to increase. The arrogant, the hateful attitude among people to only increase.

Now a servant of God is separate from all that. He puts on the "new personality" and clothes himself with love and tender compassion.

In fact there is a very easy way to tell if a person has God's spirit or not. And it is by seeing the predominate mental attitude they display.

Scripture states that Satan is the god of this world and that his spirit dominates over humankind and influences him. In fact it says that the entire world is affected by that spirit. It is an attitude of independence, fierceness, lack of love, of rebellion.

While Satan is the ruler of the world scripture clearly indicates that all human government exists by God's will to give some semblance of order in this world alienated from God rule. So while human rule is a complete failure, any opposition to human governments is opposition to God. Satan was a rebel from the start, and all rebels, and all protesters reflect the spirit of disobedience of their father Satan the Devil.

(Ephesians 2:2, 3) . . .according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience. 3 Yes, among them we all at one time conducted ourselves in harmony with the desires of our flesh, carrying out the will of the flesh and of our thoughts, and we were naturally children of wrath just as the rest.

cont.

edit on 12-7-2016 by PeterHawkes because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
(Romans 13:1-4) . . .Let every person be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; the existing authorities stand placed in their relative positions by God. 2 Therefore, whoever opposes the authority has taken a stand against the arrangement of God; those who have taken a stand against it will bring judgment against themselves. 3 For those rulers are an object of fear, not to the good deed, but to the bad. Do you want to be free of fear of the authority? Keep doing good, and you will have praise from it; 4 for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear, for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword. It is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath against the one practicing what is bad.

Now there is no peace or harmony or unity in this world. It is full of works of the flesh and they are these:

(Galatians 5:19-21) . . .Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen, and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, 20 idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things, the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

Spiritism, that is the practice of the occult arts, sexual immorality, idolatry, jealousy, fits of angers, divisions, drunkenness, etc. You see if you participate in these things you certainly do not have God's spirit. It is the spirit that operates in the sons of disobedience. It is the spirit promulgated by the ruler of the authority of the air, Satan the Devil.

And these practices will only continue to increase, the world will steadily get worse, for scripture tells us that in the last days things will go from bad to worse.

Do not expect things to get better.

Now, on the other hand, Gods disicples display the fruitage of the spirit and these are:

(Galatians 5:22, 23) . . .On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Love being the predominate one, but self-control, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith mildness, all of them together, the man of God has all of them. That is the real test of a man's being holy and filled with God's holy spirit.

For apart from Jehovah's spirit these things cannot exist in a person. True love, true peace, true kindness, true faith, all of these things, apart of the spirit of God cannot exist.

And as this world is alienated from God and the promises, and despises him and his word they will only continue to increase in their bickering, their hatred, their division, their violence.

You cannot solve your problems apart from Jehovah and his unifying spirit of peace and love. Where it is absent all that is vile and wicked will be.

All these things I bear witness to you as truth.

What does this mean for the near future?

It means more warfare, more hatred, more division, more abusive speech, more fights, more bewilderment on behalf of all humankind. False religion will not lead you to truth. Atheism will not. Politics in this system will not.

Only God's kingdom.

In the near future sights beyond your imagination are going to occur. It says so in the Bible. It says that when all these things are occurring to pay attention to the times and seasons. In fact Jesus said:

(Matthew 24:32-35) . . .“Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away.

And then, when the day comes there will occur the foretold great tribulation:

(Matthew 24:36-39) . . .“Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the Flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, 39 and they took no note until the Flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be.

edit on 12-7-2016 by PeterHawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: PeterHawkes

We have entered into what the Holy Scriptures refer to as the last days, or end times.

Why?

Because of this

Why is the world so divisive?

So we have been in the end times well before this was even written about in the bible?

Name one period in history where there was unity?

There is unity on small scales but never on on larger scales.

And these practices will only continue to increase, the world will steadily get worse, for scripture tells us that in the last days things will go from bad to worse. Do not expect things to get better.

How do you know what happens all over the world?

How do you know its getting worse?

How do you know its worse now than it was before?

All these things I bear witness to you as truth. What does this mean for the near future?

By you saying this, all it means is that you help in dividing even more so than you point out.

It means more warfare, more hatred, more division, more abusive speech, more fights, more bewilderment on behalf of all humankind. False religion will not lead you to truth. Atheism will not. Politics in this system will not. Only God's kingdom.

Yes you just point out the negativity of humanity, however the more of the negative things humanity experience the more positive things will arise.

In fact Jesus said:

These words are what divide even more so the people of earth.

Its not a fact but its something can have faith in.

You saying its a fact is what will open up more debate on something that has been debated for generations which will divide even more so.

If you have faith in God, if you have faith in anything, have faith.

There is no need to try and point your belief is fact, that is not faith, that is the need for confirmation.

You will get it in those that share your beliefs but you will also receive opposition.

Those that repeat bible prophecy or try and warn humanity of what is to come are the ones with the least faith.

Fear is what dictates the lives of those that preach the so called word of God, there is no faith but fear and confusion.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Very true about fear. There is no fear in faith. In fact love throws fear out. Where fear exists there is a lack of love:

(1 John 4:18) . . .There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts fear out, because fear restrains us. Indeed, the one who is fearful has not been made perfect in love.

Yet Jesus said that after these days, in fact after the tribulation of those days men would become faint out of fear:

(Luke 21:26, 27) . . .People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

So obviously the only reason one would be in fear is if they were without love. Yet God did tell us in scripture:

(Luke 21:28) . . .But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.”

So, truly, if you pay heed to the prophecy and listen to his voice, and do not give out, but do what is right, is there not a large reward? Should you not already know what is happening and why it is happening? And should not it moreover tell you the time is near at hand to lift up your head, as deliverance is near.

This is not a message of doom, only for bad people. It is a message of hope and salvation out of world distress to all the meek. What a wonderful and beautiful message.

That is the god news! The good news means both vengeance on a wicked world, and salvation of the meek:

(Isaiah 61:1, 2) . . .The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,  2 To proclaim the year of Jehovah’s goodwill And the day of vengeance of our God, To comfort all who mourn,

Do not think this a message of doom.

It is the message of truth and hope to the nations groping in darkness. It is the good news of the kingdom.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The above was a music song from Enya. This is not. Since no one will engage this thread in conversation, no one at all, except one person. I thought I would leave this:

I left my Rifle

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is okay to understand God's spirit, while read this OP. He loves you.

It is understandable that you wonder at what you are feeling, and experiencing. It is the truth.

It is okay.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Knock. Knock. Knock>... ???

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterHawkes

all human government exists by God's will ...

any opposition to human governments is opposition to God.

tell me you see the fault in this logic?

so we should not have opposed hitler? we should not have opposed the soviet union? Genghis Khan's killing rampage was ordained? how bout Atilla the hun, The man known as 'The Scourge of God', as a ruler of a government was he also of gods will?

don't you see how a line in a book telling you to never disobey government just lends credence to the idea that the damn thing was written by a government? the theory that the bible was created by world rulers so as to be used as a tool to control the populace sounds even more likely with lines like that.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

so we should not have opposed hitler? we should not have opposed the soviet union? Genghis Khan's killing rampage was ordained? how bout Atilla the hun, The man known as 'The Scourge of God', as a ruler of a government was he also of gods will?

don't you see how a line in a book telling you to never disobey government just lends credence to the idea that the damn thing was written by a government? the theory that the bible was created by world rulers so as to be used as a tool to control the populace sounds even more likely with lines like that.

Jehovah's Witness would not accept Hitler rule. Jehovah saw to it that they as a whole were not destroyed by Hitler. He in force had them and tried to obliterate them for the face of the earth. Sadly for Hitler he was killed, while Jehovah's Witnesses who would not serve him continued to exist. Why does this exist?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PeterHawkes.... Since no one will engage this thread in conversation, no one at all, except one person....

Knock. Knock. Knock>... ???

these above two qouted posts of yours are a hostile and impatient reaction from you, per your own logic in this thread that would mean you are of the devil...

....this world. It is full of works of the flesh and they are these:

(Galatians 5:19-21) . . .......hostility, ......those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

.... if you participate in these things you certainly do not have God's spirit.

Gods disicples display the fruitage of the spirit and these are:

(Galatians 5:22, 23)......patience, kindness, .....self-control. .

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Jehovah's Witness would not accept Hitler rule. Jehovah saw to it that they as a whole were not destroyed by Hitler. He in force had them and tried to obliterate them for the face of the earth. Sadly for Hitler he was killed, while Jehovah's Witnesses who would not serve him continued to exist. Why does this exist?

Rebellion is what stopped hitler, not jehovah, it was humans rebelling against his behavior, against his actions, it was mass protest that sent humans armed into his lands to KILL him, that is what stopped hitler, that is the same behavior your own quotes above tell us is wrong and against god...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Rebellion is what stopped hitler, not jehovah, it was humans rebelling against his behavior, against his actions, it was mass protest that sent humans armed into his lands to KILL him, that is what stopped hitler, that is the same behavior your own quotes above tell us is wrong and against god...

*** g95 8/22 pp. 7-8 The Evils of Nazism Exposed ***
On February 9, 1934, J. F. Rutherford, the president of the Watch Tower Society, sent a letter of protest to Hitler stating: “You may successfully resist any and all men, but you cannot successfully resist Jehovah God. . . . In the name of Jehovah God and His anointed King, Christ Jesus, I demand that you give order to all officials and servants of your government that Jehovah’s witnesses in Germany be permitted to peaceably assemble and without hindrance worship God.”
Rutherford set March 24, 1934, as the deadline. He said that if by that time relief did not come to the German Witnesses, the facts about the persecution would be published throughout Germany and the rest of the world. The Nazis answered Rutherford’s demand with stepped-up abuses, sending many of Jehovah’s Witnesses to the concentration camps that had recently been set up. Thus, they were among the first inmates of these camps.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

*** g95 8/22 pp. 7-8 The Evils of Nazism Exposed ***
On February 9, 1934, J. F. Rutherford, the president of the Watch Tower Society, sent a letter of protest to Hitler stating: “You may successfully resist any and all men, but you cannot successfully resist Jehovah God. . . . In the name of Jehovah God and His anointed King, Christ Jesus, I demand that you give order to all officials and servants of your government that Jehovah’s witnesses in Germany be permitted to peaceably assemble and without hindrance worship God.”
Rutherford set March 24, 1934, as the deadline. He said that if by that time relief did not come to the German Witnesses, the facts about the persecution would be published throughout Germany and the rest of the world. The Nazis answered Rutherford’s demand with stepped-up abuses, sending many of Jehovah’s Witnesses to the concentration camps that had recently been set up. Thus, they were among the first inmates of these camps.

Demonic entity, Jehovah saw the death of Hitler long ago, and stop seeking to prolong your life here among humans.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The lack of everyone answering this post, while you all feel it, with Jehovah's spirt I post this:. Makes me post this. :

tv.jw.org.../video/VODStudio/pub-jwb_201607_1_VIDEO

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join