It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influence of Sci Fi on Technology and ET tech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Going back a few months, OCT 21 2015, when all the buzz was the Back to the Future movie series date in which Marty arrived in the future. I remember everyone talking about the inventions from that movie that came to fruition.
Hoverboards, self lacing shoes, video calling, flat screen tvs, smart glasses, etc.

Its known that Science fiction can lead to science fact, going all the way back 2001 a space odyssey. Well what kind of ideas are being passed around today, that may someday have merit ? I know we are all still waiting for flying cars, but there's lots of useful ideas out there, that may be possible with current technology.

Tesla dreamed of free energy. Can we harness power out of thin air? wireless charging of batteries, solar power for instance. what else can we do to harness energy? can we launch a small rocket with a metal wire attached to try and harness lightning? or is that just not enough power? energy from tides and waves?

holographic technologies. with all the pokemon go rage going on right now, when can we have holograms of pokemon running around, and virtual poke balls to toss at the lil effers? Virtual sports, sex, vacations...

and then theres the technology we supposedly received from reverse engineering downed ET craft. It is widely speculated that the aliens that were discovered at Roswell were wearing indestructible fabric, kevlar.
Texas instruments had a government contract and eventually invented the transitor in 1953, with the development of the regency tr1. making radios much smaller and easier to move around.
Zenith came out with the ultrasound remote control, which was converted to infrared in the 80s. Zenith was another company that would have gone under without the assistance of government money.
What about lasers? They just kinda popped onto the scene in the 50s, and of course the military was all over it. Ted Maiman was credited with the laser in 1960, based on theoretical work by Charles Hard Townes and Arthur Leonard Schawlow.
Fiber optics is another, Fiber optics have been around for a hundred years but it was not until 1958 that it was understood how it could be used for military and commerical purposes. lasers and fiber optics pretty much developed at the same time. Philip Corso spoke of finding fiber optics in the Roswell crash that was wrapped in material which allowed the light to actually bend around corners.

Where did microchips come from? these tiny slivers of silicon and metal have changed our lives. in 1952, Geoffrey Dummer used a block of silicon, its layers provided the components of electronic systems. He never really built anything but 6 years later,Jack Kilby took over and built the world's first integrated circuit, or microchip.
The other supposed ET tech is night vision. The crashed craft at Roswell was said to have windows that the occupants could see out at night without the aid of light. A lens from one of the ETs was also removed which gave the alien the ability to see at night.

We have all seen the teleportation devices used in Star Trek. When will we be able to take a vacation to anywhere in the blink of an eye? How great would it be to go anywhere you want on a whim on a boring rainy sunday afternoon.

Scram jets, laser pulse, solar wind sails, eletromagnetic leviation theres so much to look forward to. What else can you guys think of that i missed? or do you have a crazy idea that one day could change things?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I remember the first handsets and how fast they have changed in a very very short time, its hard to belive that "man" could move so fast in such a short time.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think technological progress is cumulative, it'll just keep developing faster and faster until everything is just nano bots making faster smaller nano bots.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

no question that an advanced civilization must utilize the power of AI. The moment of singularity is quickly approaching, and finding a way to keep computers from becoming conscience is a big hurdle. will they take over our systems and try to delete us?
nano bots are going to play a huge role in our future on this planet. from cleaning our mess, to doing our labor. drones, microscopic bots, getting in our bodies like in the movie innerspace, to repair damaged cells, clean blocked arteries, heal broken bones.
great add!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

will they take over our systems and try to delete us?

Maybe they are right now! Mandela effect!?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I think technological progress is cumulative, it'll just keep developing faster and faster until everything is just nano bots making faster smaller nano bots.[/quote

I've always thought this as well.
But there are limitations, for example, materials used to make said nanobots, they can only be so small. Unless it's be something like in Terminator 2, where it'll just be liquid technology with a central brain.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

What if they're able to synthesize materials out of any raw component?!

I love sci fi!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

and then theres the technology we supposedly received from reverse engineering downed ET craft. It is widely speculated that the aliens that were discovered at Roswell were wearing indestructible fabric, kevlar.
Texas instruments had a government contract and eventually invented the transitor in 1953, with the development of the regency tr1. making radios much smaller and easier to move around.

It appears we may have learned from ET tech, but don't give them credit for everything, LOL

I believe the transistor (TRANSfer resISTOR) was originally invented by Bell labs as far back as '48, and was sold to SONY a few years later because they couldn't find a good use for it, well the japanese found a good use for it, just like they found a use for the Maglev train.Some hu-mon tech is missed because of this.
I might add that fibre-optics are essential in a 'UFO' because of the dense EM fields involved, and because they are obviously way faster & more reliable than wires.Also used in aircraft nowadays, as they are stronger & lighter.

Scram jets, laser pulse, solar wind sails, eletromagnetic leviation theres so much to look forward to. What else can you guys think of that i missed? or do you have a crazy idea that one day could change things?

Nanotech, maybe.
From what i gather, our (black project) science is 50-100 years ahead of what average joe gets to see or hear about. As Ben Rich said, we DO have the tech to take e.t. back home.
I'm guessing that most of the budget is now qoing on investigating teleporters, although if you can travel FTL then they are kind of outmoded, maybe they are safer though, and don't forget those triangles, Hafnium is darned expensive!
We are mining the crp out of the moon for Helium-3 and other exotic minerals, that's because it's really good fusion reactor fuel.
We don't have the fancy phaser stuff or the photon torpedo as far as i know, we do have the particle beam weapons & other nasty weapons up there, plenty of evidence for that.

I would say that Replicators are THE piece of futuristic hardware i would want the most, throw in a rock & ask for an espresso.

Cool thread, may the force be with it.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A note on teleporters, if i may?
You would need the teleport tech for the replicators in any case, however;
Teleporting is basically de-constructing a solid object into 'information', this may involve removal of evergy from the object.
The theory goes that 'information' is then transmitted, the reciever picks up the signal, adds the energy to the signal & you get a solid object again. Fine, all good,Theoretically.
But you have that pesky Heisenberg uncertainty problem to deal with, This states that you can either know the exact position of a particle, or know when it will be there. But you can't accurately measure both at once, and this means basically you could end up as a mass of pink jelly on the floor,oops!

Star Trek very cleverly solved this problem by adding 'heisenberg compensators' to the transporters.
You have to hand it to Hollywood, they have all the answers!
ETA: There was that one ST film where they did have to call for a mop & bucket, but i believe that was sabotage LOL
edit on 12-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: thougts

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Theres nothing really with tech that cannot be simply traced back...transistors and valves etc, the 1950's and 60's was a golden time for science as there was a race on to gain military advantages via the use of science other than building bigger/more powerful weapons, after ww2 we had jet engines which meant better detection quicker was required which spurred on other things, the governments around the world be spending good cash to get that advantage.

You can build any sort of computer you want using basic victorian engineering....ok it'll be slow and might take a few million tons of metal to build but its doable.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Loveboat

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

True, at least most of it can be traced back to earthly origins, although if you think about it, ET could have given us fire, the wheel etc, just to push things along.Who knows for sure?
War of course, is the greatest incentive to gubmints to spend money on research, most of the early advances like radar would not have happened if we were not at war.
I find that sad but true, we can (if not so easily sidetracked) invent many wonderful things that have nothing to do with wiping each other out. Truth is there are so many sneaky types out there trying to make a dollar or a weapon (mostly both) from any idea they find.
That imposes a serious moral dilemma on the inventors, todays Mr Fusion reactor could become tomorrows 'terrorist threat'.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Is it art imitating life?

Or life imitating art?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga
Sorry to burst your bubble on the alien technology front but if I was to leave my smartphone back in the desert in 1947 there is no way in hell they could work out how the thing worked. Well Ok some basic schematics. But the LCD screen! or the CPU. Not a chance in hell. They simply did not have the technology to analyse it.

Now imagine the technology leap from my smartphone to tech in an alien craft capable of travelling faster than light. Not a chance!

Please stop denigrating our own human inventiveness.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

I tend to agree, it seems we have had 'antigravity' for some time, not only that but from several sources

The material tech needed for the simpler UFO's has been around since the 30's or maybe earlier, the more advanced tech requires advanced nanotech & elements not found on Earth.
IMO we have a mixture of both, there are small signs such as the above, which are a dead giveaway in most cases.

A long time ago in a forum far away i wrote a thread about certain films & how they kind of gave the game away about what we did/might/could have, and this goes back to a small London studio in the 50's

it was called "Euston, we have a problem" since Euston did the first Quatermass films.
Watch '"Quatermass & the Pit" (there are several versions, i prefer the original but it doesnt matter the story is the same) and i asked the question; How did the writer have so much advanced info, or was he simply guessing?

Quatermass & the Pit

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
I think technological progress is cumulative, it'll just keep developing faster and faster until everything is just nano bots making faster smaller nano bots.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.

There are very clear fingerprints if you look hard enough. The OP is very close to the truth. But first you need to look at how it was done, and it's all explained here:

CIA control over the mass media.

Enter Chase brandon, a CIA/Hollywood liaison officer that helped set up the network which influenced Hollywood and every decision it makes creating and approving productions.

Chase Brandon was the CIA’s first entertainment liaison officer, working in the entertainment industry for over a decade from 1996 onwards. Brandon helped produce over a dozen major films and a similar number of TV shows and more than any other individual helped set up a permanent CIA network within Hollywood and the rest of the industry. His website chasebrandon.com is a bit of a labyrinth but used in the right way it is a treasure trove of information and evidence of the relationship between the world’s largest intelligence agency and the world’s largest entertainment industry. It even presents the possibility that Brandon was involved in making Wag the Dog.

www.spyculture.com...

There's more to it than that as well. But ask yourself why movies pre-1950 had the stupidest looking monsters and aliens, and in a few short years a very streamlined pattern began to emerge and continues in all kinds of sic-fi. As if they are all pulling from a single script.

Also consider the "debunking" of Phillip Corso was just that, a debunking, and irrational, illogical "debunk" but not a logical examination of the evidence.

Here is a rebuttal to the criticisms in Corso's book, 'the day after roswell' and keep in mind, he didn't write it. He made notes, and an author wrote it. And a publishing company published it. Obvious just enough was altered to give ammunition to critics.

However, many of the information from his notes, the fact he answered to Trudeau, the fact Trudeau was responsible for science & technology, and almost every other claim, can be confirmed when you factor in a loose memory by Corso, and an author's interpretation of his notes. He stated they took advanced hardware and presented it all across the US in various corporate think-tanks. They weren't told "this is alien technology" but when you consider that advanced tech, just by seeing it, with a sci-fi establishment built off science fact, it's not hard to imagine how that can influence and inspire a world of inventors and futurologists.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines
From what i gather, our (black project) science is 50-100 years ahead of what average joe gets to see or hear about. As Ben Rich said, we DO have the tech to take e.t. back home.
Unfortunately you apparently didn't get the joke, since you and others say that like you think he was serious.

AI is the technology I think will most change our lives but will it be pleasant AIs like Star Trek's "Data" or misguided AIs like in the movie "I, Robot" or the like skynet in the Terminator series?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: playswithmachines
Unfortunately you apparently didn't get the joke, since you and others say that like you think he was serious.

AI is the technology I think will most change our lives but will it be pleasant AIs like Star Trek's "Data" or misguided AIs like in the movie "I, Robot" or the like skynet in the Terminator series?

That's often used as a "debunk" but then how do you explain Don Phillips Statements and while its just a confirmation, a clarification of what Ben Rich said?

It also fits in line with something else that was said. Im trying to remember who said it, it was about 'the error in the equation as well'

The main thing is there are heaps of documents we know were classified beyond top secret. They are known to exist, but were never made public after the cold war ended. I think that's all that matters really. And it should be the final word on the subject until they are finally revealed.

If they refuse to disclose it should just be seen as confirmation. It's actually kinda bizarre its seen as the opposite, especially when you consider the massive influence the CIA subjected the media to in the early 50s and how much effort they've went to ridicule the topic, when we know it remains in the upper echelons of classified information.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
That's often used as a "debunk" but then how do you explain Don Phillips Statements and while its just a confirmation, a clarification of what Ben Rich said?
That "We Now Have the Technology to Take ET Home" video confirms that the audience laughed when he said it, so to me it confirms it was an obvious joke.

The man speaking in the video strikes me as a victim like Donna Hare probably was at NASA. When someone is so gullible they take the joke seriously, they are an easy target to play the joke further. It's just a bunch of nonsense; "error in the equation", he has no idea what equation or error and it sounds to me like Ben Rich making more jokes to the guy who didn't get the first one. If he won't even tell you what equation supposedly has an error I don't see how anybody could take this seriously. I think Donna Hare probably did see pictures of trees on the moon, but that doesn't mean there are trees on the moon, some people are just gullible and can't tell when someone is joking or pulling their leg.

In the other video the guy talks about craft going 4000 miles per hour. I don't find his story particularly credible but even assuming it's true, we already have spacecraft that can go 10 times that fast and would take over 50,000 years to get to the nearest star system so 4000mph is definitely not taking ET home in any reasonable time if ET is from another star system. Even if ET was on Mars that would be painfully slow.

edit on 2016715 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

. I think Donna Hare probably did see pictures of trees on the moon, but that doesn't mean there are trees on the moon, some people are just gullible and can't tell when someone is joking or pulling their leg.

Have you looked into the moon imaging with a fine tooth comb? You know me Arb, I spent many years tearing apart every weak attempt at pushing these uncorroborated or unconfirmed, or more importantly unsubstantiated claims. I was actually researching something else which made me revise my entirely outlook. In the 50s, the 'debunker' and 'skeptic' movement was devised, just as the CIA co-opted the media and controlled the message. Many people were threatened, fired, prevented from excelling professionally if they questioned the status quo (even Carl Sagan), and this set establishment on a very narrow course.

In any case, have you looked into Moon imaging done from Earth, than compared that to sat imaging, Apollo, Clementine, LRO, etc? It actually appears that while 'resolution' may increase in moon imaging, actual definition, and detail has decreased. If you compare the earliest photos, to later photos, and then also to Earth based imaging, there's a very troubling aspect. With the increase in technology, actual detail and definition seems to have gone down. Not to mention Clementine was a DoD Navy operation. The next big thing with the moon since Apollo. There is also evidence that people working on the software systems had been working long before the program was even approved.

It wouldn't take much at all to subvert an entire agencies efforts at imaging a rock with remnants of life on it. The software that processes the imaging data simply needs a module that automatically rewrites or brushes over any certain angles or surface irregularities. It for sure could be accomplished. And that would explain why in the 60s and 70s, they had people airbrushing, and in modern times it's streamlined into "processing".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join