It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my theory on why the mayan calendar ends on 12-21-12

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i'm still waiting for someone to say something absurd like....um....this "unknown" but known planet, isn't a planet. It's "the greys" or "reptilians" space craft that they fly around using it as a parking ramp for their space crafts (the size of the earth :lol
awaiting to attack us.

I'm not buying that there actually a 10th planet; but I know nothing so tomorrow they will probably find some information on it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You're not counting the long count.

A Mayan age is about 5122 years or 13 cycles of 394 years.

We are currently in the 4th age of man according to the Maya.

The longest calendar count of the Maya is 26,000 years. And surprisingly thats the length of time for the earth to do one precessional rotation on its axis. Basically the rotation of the wobble. So we need to go through one more age of man before the precessional is completed that they were tracking.

The two names for the last day on the calendar are Sun and Storm. Astronomers say stars like ours give off a big burp of solar material and energy in timely intervals as if they have an internal clock. Basically they radiate a violent super flare from their surface. The sun's flare could last for most of the day on the sunlit side of earth and cook and irradiate anything caught in it. As you could imagine a whole bunch of people could get cooked, thus ending an age of man.

The Egyptian, Cherokee, and Hebrew calendars track roughly the same period of time of over 5000 years. I think even the chinese track into the 5000 year range. The 12 year chinese zodiac could be said to track the solar attitudes of the sun. Because interestingly enough, the year 2012 is coincidentally the Year of the Dragon.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well, I have to say that is the most substantial post regarding the 2012 calendar end date that I have seen yet. I don't lften hear something I haven't read before. In the book, "Cataclysm" by Delair and Allen, the plentiful, clear and carefully collected samples support a scenario in 9 500 BC, +/- 150 years, approx. 11 500 years ago that looks very dire. Mass charcoal at that level, worldwide, mass extincions, biomatter, litke trees and animals all shattered and jammed into the ground, or caves. The flash frozen, stilll standing Wooly Mammoths found in Siberia with temperate climate buttercup flowers in their digestive tracts, their flesh still edible they froze so fast?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I have been hearing about this "Nibiru" planet for a long time now. Is there really any evidence to suggest that a planet is heading our way?

I'm not sure if planet 'Nibiru' is the same as the highly anticipated 'Planet X', however Planet Xs projection to come within the view of earth was supposed to come to past some time last year. Nothing happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So can planets orbit a star on different angles - like at 90 degree angles to each other - one 'vertical', the other 'horizontal'?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So what if this 'Planet X' is not matter in the way we know it. What if he´s a dark matter planet?! We actually know that dark matter exists we just can´t see it...its gravity and electromagnetic emissions still affect the visible matter, at least in theory. So this dark matter could have formed up to a planet (maybe there lots of them?) like normal matter did billion years ago.
Maybe there is such a planet on an extreme wide orbit passing us close only every few thousand years or so..

Its an idea that just poped into my mind

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Since we know the start of the calendar as 3113BC (some say 3114BC) and we knew that the last solar period is to be 5,125 years this brings us to 2012 or 2011 but since there is no Transit of Venus in 2011 the start date must be 3113BC.

All the periodic cycles for Venus are accounted for and co-incide with Venus Transits as markers for end of each 104 year period. The theory that the Mayan's used a 5 baktan set of 20 days is incorrect as that would give you 18.25 months. My database shows that "our" understanding of calendar dates corresponding to specific season were not important to the Mayans. Instead they used the "count" method and kept track of where the "count" was within the two cycles ie Solar and Sacred. When the two cycles were matched that meant there is a transit of venus the first in the set being at 365-200 and the last in the set being 365-260, the tranists always fall at the end of a solar calendar year. The end of the solar calendar year, must also then mark the end of the last Sun Cycle (the 5th) this date MUST coincide with an ending solar calendar year. As the Birth of Venus was also marked by a Transit of Venus. Each ICON for the "set" is representative only as a marker for which of the 5 oriantation sets the year is currently in. there are 10 sets of 5 plus 2 end years. This making the 52 year "round" at the end of each 52 year round both calendars must be in sync at the last day. Since Venus is not always traveling within the same plane as Earth not all Transits of Venus are visable from Earth.

Additionally there is a gross error in the base set that people quote as the mayan's using. Claiming that 13 is the primary number in their system, they quote as 13,000 and 26,000 to be master numbers marking the half and end of the Solar Sun Cycles. When in fact the Solar Sun Cycles are 5,125 years x 5 = 25,625 years. If you take the date of 3114 as the start of the mayan calendar (which is in-correct) and then subtract 5,125 which is the length of the 5th Sun. Then you get 2011 not 2012. Since most people quote the Mayan calendar as starting in August 12 of the year 3114, then by purely gregorian dating of 5,125 years would put the "last day of the 5th sun" in August of 2011. IMO the flaw is that most people are making the Mayan calendar more complex then what it was. Knowing that the synchronization of the two calendars was a highly symbolic event then anything concerning the "end of a cycle" must also occur during these events. If you place the end date at 12/21/2012 or 12/23/2012 or even 8/12/2012 or 8/12/2011 and then try and locate the Transits of Venus (which we can accuratly know to be visable) you will notice that the transits fall on days that would have had no meaning to the mayan calendars.

The Last Day will either be 6/6/2012 or 12/23/2012 (but I doubt the December date due to not co-inciding with the Transit of Venus)

6/1/2012 360 255
6/2/2012 361 256
6/3/2012 362 257
6/4/2012 363 258
6/5/2012 364 259
6/6/2012 365 260 The end of both Mayan Calander Seq's And the second transit of Venus

6/3/2004 360 195
6/4/2004 361 196
6/5/2004 362 197
6/6/2004 363 198
6/7/2004 364 199
6/8/2004 365 200 The Transit of Venus fell on the last day of the solar calander of the year 2004 (note day 200 of the Spiritual Calander cycle)

12/23/2012 200 200 Perfect Harmony of the Solar and Spiritual Mayan Calander's (200) was the day of Sacrafice

I have the entire Mayan Solar and Spiritual Calander on a spreadsheet from 1908 to 2013. Since the Mayan's timed their Calander and the procession of their day counts to the transits of Venus all I had to do is mark all the know transits both first and second and know the years and where there was two transits in a 8 year period mark the second with the end of both the Solar Calander (365) and the Spiritual Calander (260) and on the day both end I would find the Transit then I looked for the first transit in the sequence which should fall on the last solar day (365) but on the day of sacrafice on the spiritual (200) and bingo they lined up and then I ran out every day for each of the 52 year (halfs) of the Mayan 104 year solar cycle and what do you know 6/6/2012 is the very end of the current solar cycle of 104 years and is marked by the Last Transit and is marked by the end of both the Solar Calander and the Spiritual Calander.

Please refer to the thread below in regards to this discussion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

6-19-1960

The Vatican releases a communication in regards to the Secret of the Third Fatima

on my chart

6/16/1960 362 257
6/17/1960 363 258
6/18/1960 364 259
6/19/1960 365 260 6/19/1960 release of the third fatima This day is also the end of the first 52 year set of the last Solar Cycle

3/31/2005 296 236 this is today (nothing special)
4/24/2005 320 260 this is the end of the sacred (spiritual calander) if the Pope dies on this day we are doomed

[edit on 31-3-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
yeah I like that idea. Does everything stay on the same plane or are there multi planes that planets can orbit on.....say perpendicularly? a little of the subject, but just curious if anyone knows! thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Venus's orbit shifts in a rotating pattern as it orbits around the sun, that is why in some Transits they can not be seen from earth because Venus is out of direct alignment with the Earth. Only some of the Transits are viewable from Earth meaning at other times Venus is either too high or too low to pass directly across the face of the Sun as viewed from Earth.

Earth on the other hand alters it orbit only slightly leading us to have summers and winters as our orbit tilts only a few degrees, becoming either closer or further away by only a slight deflection of our orbit. If Earths orbit did not change then whatever the temperatue was it would remain and probably a lot of plant life would not have survived. This is probably another reason why life on some of the other planets could never have developed as the planets orbits vary in degree too much, producing wild shifts in planetary heating and cooling. More then likely contributing to why some planets remain just Gas balls.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
robertfenix

Even by your estimates, the magic year is still 2012.

The problem isn't with the Mayan calendar system, its trying to get it to fit onto the gregorian system. Don't forget all the leap year days that the gregorian sytem has a hard time accounting for, plus the romans screwed everything up by adding 2 months. The gregorian system is a mess and its creators would have been laughed at, beaten, stoned, and served up as a holiday feast for even suggesting such a stupid system back in ancient times.

Plus the precessional cycle is only a rough estimate of 26,000 years when astronomers talk about it. The crazy thing is what constellations were up when some of these people were around. For instance if the Sphinx "was" built in the year 10,000 BC, then it would be looking at the constellation Leo the lion because of the earth's wobble. Today its looking at something else. But that's a whole other debate entirely.

The mayans work with a vegismal number system of base 20 which is similar to our decimal system of 10. The Sumerians used the sexigesmal system of I believe base 60. Which is still the defacto system we use today for telling time on our digital watches.

These ancient peoples were professional stargazers and while tracking time was useful for growing crops and knowing the seasons, it makes you wonder what they were really looking for, something profoundly more important. You have to give them credit, and what was the true worldwide devotion to tracking time? What did they know and possibly fear?

I don't buy the planet X theory because of all the really "gay" problems it has; its probably bunk disinfo anyway. I will go with either a giant solar burp or calendar tracking of comet swarms.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Would that not be the 10th planet?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So what exactly is the definition of a planet? That’s another good question, the one that leads to the debate as to whether or not Pluto and Sedna qualify. While the debate rages, Sedna is slowly getting nearer and brighter. It will take 72 years to reach its closest point to the Sun. Then it will proceed on its centuries-long journey. The last time Sedna came this close, Earth was emerging from the Ice Age. Who knows what Earth will be like next time around?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
does anyone know where i can find i detailed map of the universe? not just a basic map but one with all moons and the names?

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
thats going to be a little unlikely as we haven't explored it all yet

however this page might help
www.stdimension.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
hmmm i agree the there should be a 10th planet in our solar system, apperently Drakes law or something like that suggests it. Although it is no longer there. Alot of writings from early civilizations mention that the earth once had 2 suns. the 2nd one being a planet largley coverd in water. It was said to have been between us and mars. I think the name you gave for it is supposed tp be able to be translated into sevrel different names one of them being lucipher. the writings speak of a war between gods and of fallen angels falling to earth and of a dissaster to follow. We already know that early civilizations used to think of the planets as gods. So this story could also tie in with the bible story of Lucipher being cast out of heaven to the earth. So rather than angels and a fallen god falling to earth it could be that this planet somehow got destroyed and pieces of it crashed to earth causing alot of early people to be wiped out. it also caused the solar system to be shaken up abit. I dont really remember much of what i heard about the planet but i got from this guys program Michael Tsarion he had a show for the book which was available on video google but it no longer exists on the server. It basically goes into anciant civilization research in massive detail the show was split into 3 episodes lasting 3 and a half hours long but apparently we have already passed where this planet was a few times and some rocks and chemicals have been found which did not originate from earth. The native american indians also depict a tsunami like disaster.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
So can planets orbit a star on different angles - like at 90 degree angles to each other - one 'vertical', the other 'horizontal'?

Absolutely. I know of no specific objects that orbit at the extreme of 90 degrees to the ecliptic, but the plane of Pluto's orbit is offset by several degrees. If I recall correctly from my readings on the subject, the so called planet X is supposed to approach from an angle 30 degrees south of the ecliptic in a retrograde orbit. Should this be true, it would only be observable, at least at first, from the southern hemisphere and given the eccentricity of that orbit, it could indeed approach from a "blind spot" in the southern pole. Furthermore, given the extremely elliptical orbit, the objects velocity would increase greatly as it approached the sun so it may have the potential to sneak up on us very quickly. Of course this is pure conjecture, but I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Orwells Ghost]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The calendar doesnt have to end in disastor. Maybe the mayans understood how gravitational/electromagnetic/unseen forces effected us. They figured out the pattern and mapped it out in their calendar. After the shift in gravitational/electromagnetic/unseen forces, they will no longer be able to be 'mapped out' because the forces will have shifted and therefore the cycles will be different.

That is why it ends, not because they predicted armegeddon. This is why people have a hard time believing this stuff... they see it as another doomsday prediction like the dozens in the past instead of seeing a really advanced civilization that understood the forces of our universe better than we do today.

Shifting poles or shifting gravitational forces will have a profound effect on us and other prediction have stemmed from this - doomsday, psychic abilities, ufo visitation, dimensional boundaries lifted... or all of the above

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

it is said that we cross the middle of the galaxy on dec 21 2012 so isnt it plausable to say that the mayans simply couldnt add to there calander or belived that the calander simply started over agian .. why does it have to be all about destruction the mayan had the most accurate calander if they had no further data collected by the stars isnt it reasonable to say that they ended the calander when they couldnt add to it

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
i personally think all the planet X stuff is BS. Ive heared our calculations of the mayan calander are out and the real ending of the calander is 2146 or somewhere near that..

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join