It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my theory on why the mayan calendar ends on 12-21-12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well done everyone. Worst case scenario I think that anyone reading this post has learned something new or at least expanded their thoughts in one way or another. Here's my two cents. Maurice Cottrell is a fascinating scientist and is also highly acclaimed by the scientific community for his proven theories. That aside he has done a lot of research on the Mayans. I would advise anyone on this post to look him up and find out more about his theories. He has discovered some amazing things about Mayan tombs and pictures ... including the tilting of two pictures by 66.6 degrees to create a new picture when the two tilted pictures are overlapped. You can find more about this on his website. One very credible thing about Maurice is that he does not claim to have a theory on what will happen, only that something likely will happen on 12-21-12. I hope that you all will dig further into Cottrell's research because I have found many of his ideas truly fascinating and largely backed by facts. It is my belief that human civilization will end on this planet or that it will be drastically changed (maybe we will all have powers like the show heroes). Okay I probably just lost all of my credibility so I will wrap this up.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Phew... This is all getting too much. I am a lay-person. No formal, recognised education or qualifications, however I have a fascination on this subject. My interest in the Mayan Calander cemented after visiting the community on a trip in 2005 and putting people through there paces with my inquisitive and investigative mind...

According to them, the reason why the calander stops when it does is that they strongly believe that this is going to be some kind of transit. Total transformation of life as we know it. They don't believe the world is going to end, they believe the significant change will be in they're and our lives.They say the change will manifest in way we 'think' and act within our present world and our belief systems will change. They say this will be the time when there will be an evolution of the human mind and a one world unified faith.

Don't shoot the messenger .........but it's a nice thought.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join