It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

religious leaders and sermons and LGBT topics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
-first and foremost, I'm not religious or belong to any sect.
a head scratcher Im wondering about lgbt.
-second, I think love is not bound by the genders.

OK....
now,

so if a pastor/preacher/priest/rabbi is giving his ceremony and knows he has LGBT people in his flock, and his topic happens to be relationships between the genders. now do priests, never go near verses which don't condone this stuff (lgbt stuff), new or old testament.

do priests now have to circumnavigate certain verses for the sake of PC?
would that be seen negatively in the church community.
because that's like a massive flaw to me to pick and choose.

again, I'm wondering, I don't attend churches etc...

edit on 11-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

so if a pastor/preacher/priest/rabbi is giving his ceremony and knows he has LGBT people in his flock, and his topic happens to be relationships between the genders. now do priests, never go near verses which don't condone this stuff (lgbt stuff), new or old testament.

Im sure there would be an exodus of said people from that church

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
do priests now have to circumnavigate certain verses for the sake of PC?
would that be seen negatively in the church community.
because that's like a massive flaw to me to pick and choose.

again, I'm wondering, I don't attend churches etc...

Speaking as a preacher...
I do not have the right to pick and choose according to culture or political climate.
My responsibility, every time I step into the pulpit, is to preach whatever it is that the Bible contains, and what the Holy Spirit reveals through prayer and study. I may not necessarily want to say some of those things (preaching isn't easy. Preaching something confrontational or controversial even less so), but nonetheless I must.

I haven't yet preached a sermon in which that has been an issue (in terms of the LGBT movement) - but I have one upcoming in Revelation, and will have another in my next series (in Romans).

When that time comes, I'll preach what the Bible states, and will not divert to the left or to the right.
Come what may.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Homosexuality is not accepted in the majority of Christian denominations, it's a sin
Outside of the church, the church must accept that homosexuality is an acceptable chosen lifestyle, not unlike defacto relationships
If a Christian denomination decides,to,marry a same sex couple I would expect that they would stay away from the bible altogether

As for peaching from the bible about those,relationships, best for them they don't say anything about it altogether, it's not like they have to

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Many Christian churches allow same sex marriage here in the UK one of them just voted for it. Quakers allow it and Scottish Episcopal Church are having a vote soon much expected to allow it.
www.pinknews.co.uk...

I don't see many sermons about the evils of wearing two types of cloth do you?.
Plus you do not have any right to determine who is Christian.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Good for them they can get married under God.

They known If they don't accept it they will be no more.
edit on 11-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

And I appreciate your opinion
We don't deal with two types of cloth because Christianity is not Judaism
I know how hard that can be to understand

and yes I do have the right to decide who I think is Christian or not, you don't decide what I have a right to do and not do

There is a biblical principle behind my view

Thanks for your opinion but it's just that, yours, based on what you think you know

Oh, I believe that Christianity will be watered down, many will turn to teaching that will tickle their ears, it was an ancient prophecy written about end times, about now

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Matthew 5:17

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Jesus sure followed the old testament.

www.loonwatch.com...

You cherry pick what you like to follow and what not too.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:27 AM
link   
oops double.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You have the right of an opinion but the final say is Gods not yours.
You know judging and all that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

www.loonwatch.com...

Really, really
Cherry pick do I

Jesus didn't do away with the law of the Old Testament, that's the truth for sure, it's real and in existence today , you are under it...

But Jesus brought forth a new covenant to replace the old covenant for those who would accept the new covenant in Christ

I would expect that you don't and won't want to understand that so I won't waste your time
I guess all that theology you studied, actually I bet you havnt studied theology at all, and you think I should listen to you or read an atheist rant on the net
Thanks but no thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hardly a rant showing you other Christians have no problem with gay folk and allow marriage.
You are not the spokesman for all of Christianity many will disagree with you.
Oh and not an atheist...( you wish I was so you can copy paste your usual rant on atheists)...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

www.loonwatch.com...

To TKD
Are we to keep the law?
letusreason.org...

To the OP, it all depends on why the preacher is preaching. Is it to tell people the truth or just to get paid for doing a comfortable job? The truth is that the Bible condemns homosexuality. But the Bible also tells us all about how we are each and everyone a sinner and need to believe in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on our behalf to be saved from a death that we deserve.

Futhermore:
John 8:7 When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Whoever is without sin among you, let him be the first to cast a stone at her."
1 john 1:8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.
John 8:32 "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
edit on 11/7/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

You have the right of an opinion but the final say is Gods not yours.
You know judging and all that.

Again really, I can't judge, seriously
I am impressed by your complete lack of understanding of christianity and how much you think you know

Yes the final say is Gods but I have a responsibility to myself to be aware what I choose to do
Take for example someone like Joyce Meyer, she calls herself a Christian, is obscenely wealthy and greedy
Joel osteen, greedy self serving but you say they are Christians and I should accept them and follow them
I shouldn't judge them

Christianity demands common sense, you rely on complacency and ignorance
Preach your faith at some one else

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
@Raggedyman.

First of all i didn't believe in any set religion or follow any but except all for what people believe in, just in case you come back with something...I still believe in God as he's a "friend" because i believe he's watching over me and doesn't judge.

How do you have the right to decide who's"Christian or not"?

Someone of true loving natured as a pastor/preacher etc would except all who want to be married/join your church etc, weather they're Christian or not,, just my view.

I do agree with you that one day Christianity will see a drop in church goers and people willing to listen (happening now) do a degree,,not sure that's a prophecy? but that's happened all over the ancient world except a few in the last 3-5 thousands years.
edit on 11-7-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

Not having a go at you Raggedyman just trying to understand your way of thinking or least what the Christian law you follow is about...No Bible quotes please just a personal view on the matter.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Hardly a rant showing you other Christians have no problem with gay folk and allow marriage.
You are not the spokesman for all of Christianity many will disagree with you.
Oh and not an atheist...( you wish I was so you can copy paste your usual rant on atheists)...

Oh cool, some one says that I have to accept homosexuality in the church and I have to follow their view
Who are they and why should I follow them, why?
What makes you think they are right, that I have to follow them

What's wrong with you telling me what I have to choose, you are a fundamentalist
We disagree, move on, I can

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Care to argue his points?.

Sorry dude you can be Gay get married and be Christian.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
@Raggedyman.

First of all i didn't believe in any set religion or follow any but except all for what people believe in, just in case you come back with something.

How do you have the right to decide who's"Christian or not"?

Someone of true loving natured as a pastor/preacher etc would except all who want to be married/join your church etc, weather they're Christian or not,, just my view.

I do agree with you that one day Christianity will see a drop in church goers and people willing to listen (happening now) do a degree,,not sure that's a prophecy? but that's happened all over the ancient world except a few in the last 3-5 thousands years.

It's obvious you don't believe in anything
Yet you think you can tell me what I should believe relating to christianity, that's just silly

I am glad you can see its your view, it's a nice view, but I don't hold your view and never will.
The bible is clear about allowing practicing sinners into a church, it's unacceptable, outside of the church it's acceptable and we should love and care for them

I don't judge a person to condemnation, I do judge according to their fruit of the Spirit
That Waco guy called himself a Christian, you claim he was?
Jim jones?
You don't have common sense

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If you really understand the golden rule and seeing it thru the eyes of awareness then you will know the difference between what religions thinks and and what is objective right and wrong.

In western religions the souls who have a real connection with the divine and real knowledge sometimes find the religions whole as fake idols, seeing the corruption of small mindedness and evil.

Just look at the Wahhabis and Christian Crusade. The most demonic behavior are from the ones following their faith hating, killing and maiming for their insane view. Clearly faith driven souls can lose the golden path totally when their religions do not measure up to the holy spirit.

Sorry preachers of the Abrahamic faiths. Your source material hold corrupted ideas that causes the fruits of each tree to be corrupted. To many false prophets.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

A great preacher once said "You can't evangelize and antagonize at the same time".
Think about that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

No I don't care to argue the point
Believe what you want to, believe one YouTube clip from a person who probably has a personal agenda

and you bagged me out for cherry picking and you offer that, seriously

Sorry dude, don't preach and proselytize at me what you found on YouTube, it's silly

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join