It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The collapse of 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You see through the veil and i do not know if you are religious or not but i am a fan of the bible even though i dont know how legit it is.

"I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so you may be rich."
In the book of revelation also known as the apocalypse of john.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
I'm interested in gold prices. It seems that they were relatively stable through the 80s, up until the early 21st century. Then they began a rather steep rise up until 2012 (which is interesting in its own right).

Earlier this year gold was at $1,089 (up some from that, now). That's down from its peak in 2012 of $1,804. That seems significant. I suppose those who were buying probably had something to do with that peak (when a lot of people buy something the price tends to go up) but I wonder if they now think they did the right thing.

Any thoughts on what caused that 40% drop in value? Was there a big improvement in global economies? Or did people just see a good opportunity to cash out?
edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

originally posted by: imod02
Is replying to yourself the same as talking to yourself

yeah i guess so i just wanted to add that i think the brexit will start the whole process

What Brexit?

When the world's economy relies on such a volatile thing as the markets, that speaks volumes about who controls it all.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
All things are cyclical.

Remember this.

Buy low sell high.

'Crashes' are basically garage sales.

They WILL go up in value.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
yes, but not too long term, and not with Gold and Silver just because of the weight....but I have coins for the ability to buy meat and bread incase. Is food really important to plan ahead....jess, I guess so.....I gotta go plan on this food deally. ATS will have a survival food idea, I betcha....a reply to: neo96

So, I need my cute little silver coins and some food, OK !
edit on 10-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
My chest freezer is stocked with meat, I also have probably 100 lbs plus of wheat berries in preserved buckets and a grain mill. Solar and battery bank, and invertors and a bread machine...

But enough of that....

Here is a sample of the type of gold I have bought. I like the old coins

I keep alot of silver in old silver dollars and halfs, but do also have rounds, and bars

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

The coins seem in good shape. How does their market value compare to their metal value?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage They are in good shape, but not perfect mint uncirculated. I paid a little bit of a premium on them but not much. I cant remember how much I paid. I got the big one in the 80s I think. I used to go to a local coin shop and pick through what he had. My favorite was morgan dollars for 5 bucks each in great shape, and also the peace dollars. I would buy 8-10 at a time. The shop owner would always offer to flip me for double or nothing. Some of my coins I got for free, but once I had to pay double
I also bought nuggets and have flake gold too. I got some diamonds from him, but sold them and made money. Comemerative coins are worth alot. I bought several and sold a few back to him. I made a whole lot of one of those. I guess it was pretty rare, and he didnt know at the time when he sold it to me. Your best bet is to go to a local coin shop and see what they have. There are some very small old American gold coins available, that arent too rare, and might be a good start for your collection.

Heres a silver cob, that came off a sunken ship. It was one of the first coins I got as a kid

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Belcastro

The Brexit will cause a snowball effect.

Countries that the UK has never has official trade deals with before are wanting to sign deals with the UK. Consider mobile devices. Manufactured by Samsung in South Korea, CPU'S designed in the UK and France, GPU'S designed in Norway and Sweden.
Other countries include China and Canada and Australia.

Even France and Germany wants a referendum on leaving the EU.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Never going to happen. Why? The Market is digital. They can just change the numbers and say everything is all right. We don't have people hoarding all the paper money anymore. If any, it is just too much to hoard. Without paper money, it will be digit and numbers will constantly change.
edit on 10-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
An implosion is definitely overdue. Many people are overextended due to artificially low interest rates, many rely on double incomes to pay their ever increasing debt. They have been lulled into a false sense of security and the inevitable increase in interest rates will herald the crash.

Companies will begin looking to save money by slashing staff to remain in business since it is the easiest method. When an income is removed from the equation the crash will be underway.

It will start in the overvalued high rise condominium market and spread to the artificially stimulated mid to lower high priced homes. This will put pressure on borrowers to unload their properties to survive driving down prices in the real estate market. Rental properties will fill up quickly and bankruptcy or consumer proposals will become the norm.

Here in Canada we are bombarded by television and radio advertisements promising a quick and easy way to get out of financial difficulty. What people aren't being told that by following this method they will find it very difficult to borrow for several years exacerbating the downturn and furthering the stress on business and the cycle will continue.

All that's left to finish the job is for foreign governments to call their trillions in Western Treasury notes and to dump the Petro Dollar in favour of another currency to value oil. This will drive the standard of living into the ground causing a major recession or even a depression.

History has shown that the easiest way to stimulate the economy is to start a war. It happened at the end of the Great Depression and is likely to be the end result of the coming crash.

I apologize for the doom and gloom but it's on the way folks and will arrive sooner than you think.

edit on 10-7-2016 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Any thoughts on what caused that 40% drop in value?

Gold is highly manipulated through Federal Reserve Member bank shorting of the precious metals anytime they spike in value. JP Morgan Chase Bank, for one, initiates huge short posititions in Gold to crash the price of the metal.

www.silverdoctors.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

It will start in the overvalued high rise condominium market and spread to the artificially stimulated mid to lower high priced homes. It will start in the overvalued high rise condominium market and spread to the artificially stimulated mid to lower high priced homes.

I think that's already started to happen in the overheated market in NYC.

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The EU is on the verge of collapse because it has supported ISIS and funded all islamic extremists in the middle east and northern africa. The upcoming imminent defeat of all these terrorists in Syria and other parts of the world will lead to the inevitable defeat of the EU and the collapse of Europe into chaos and possible civil war.

As ususal the EUro#ers will make it look as an exclusively economic financial issue. In reality this collapse won't be due to pure financial and economic issues, but mostly to political disaster within the EU.
edit on 14-8-2016 by Flanker86 because: ext

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Pretty much. But the UN will "save" us from ourselves.. a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
Pretty much. But the UN will "save" us from ourselves.. a reply to: visitedbythem

I doubt it. US always break the rules. Will continue to break the rules. UN isn't saving shhhs...

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

The rest of the world will only take soo much of that until they decide to turn their backs on us whether it's financially, resources or war. It wouldn't be hard to with the grid down, people starving and most of our military stretched out all over the world including national guard.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join