It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bahamas Just Issued A Travel Advisory For The U.S., Citing Police Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

(Buzzfeed.com)-The Bahamas on Friday issued a travel advisory for citizens planning to go to the United States, warning them about the tensions in some cities over the shooting of young black men.........................................

“Do not get involved in political or other demonstrations under any circumstances and avoid crowds,” the government warned.................................

“In particular, young males are asked to exercise extreme caution in affected cities in their interactions with the police,” the advisory states. “Do not be confrontational and cooperate.”.

www.buzzfeed.com...

I cant say I have heard of this happening before in America is this a first?
Strange days.........

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Usually it is issued to the US to stay out. Now the want people to stay out of the US. Nice thread!❤️

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Nope, it isn't a first. In fact a lot of countries have similar advisories about traveling the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
1) can Mexico issue the same warning? That would be cheaper then building a wall

2) did Bahamas already have a warning, not to go to some areas of Chicago, most of Detroit, and other high crime areas?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sadly, travel advisory warnings about US visits are not new.

Here's a silly list of some of the more amusing ones: mentalfloss.com

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

“Do not be confrontational and cooperate.”.

isnt this common sense? If I go to a foreign country, the last thing on my list (unless its a bucket list) is to be confrontational with their police or military.

I think people who decide against going to the US because they have to be respectful to the law..is probably a good thing. I would only say the whole stay away from crowds thing is nonsense..unless the crowds they are discussing are like..inner city riots or something..then yeah, I would recommend checking out other parts of town instead..not just for tourists, but anyone who doesn't wan felony convictions or tear gas.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I remember the good old days when it was the US which was issuing warnings to its citizens when traveling abroad. now more increasingly, its the opposite.

strange times. but I'm here and it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ha..yeah...saw this this morning. Not particularly shocked about it either because anyone simply watching world media and not actually here probably thinks all our streets are littered with dead bodies and all our cop cars are on fire.

Anyone who is shocked really needs to take a hard look at what the world's perception of the U.S. is.

Along similar lines, the U.S. doesn't do well in this report either: [url=https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2016/country-chapters/united-states]Human Rights Watch: United States 2016/url]

a reply to: odzeandennz
Still works both ways. Nothing old days about this.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

should we start googling for news articles to back up each of our statements, or should we leave it there , and 'you won' ....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

should we start googling for news articles to back up each of our statements, or should we leave it there , and 'you won' ....

Like I give a flying fig about winning. Someone posted some funnier alerts right here in this thread. There have been others I know of personally and I also don't give a flying fig about spending a moment "googling" them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
American police (as a broad group) have been excessively aggro for a very long time, and not just to african americans, but really with everyone who doesnt appear wealthy.

Glad they finally got a fax machine in the bahamas.
edit on 9-7-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

True!

Several brits have been shot (not fatally) but US cops whilst on holiday. It will only take few rotten apples to do taint all cops.

top topics

join