It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas PD Headquarters on lockdown SWAT Deployed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You ever seen anything quite like this man? This is kinda spooky to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think it's a reasonable reaction considering the recent events.

Sounds like you've already moved on to the next news-cycle then?

Seems like attention spans keep getting shorter & shorter...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Just saw Fort Worth SWAT patrolling in MRAP type vehicle. Something feels weird about this

Was the MRAP spotted in FW or Dallas?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I get it. You make good points.

But can you concede that 24/7, live on TV coverage of horror only begets more of the same? What if this coverage inspires more of the same behavior in other cities, as it did yesterday?

Does America need to know that it's happening or just that it happened?

We used to be told over and over about the endless violence and terror in the Middle East. Now it's here. You get what you focus on.

Anyways, God Bless the LEO in Dallas.

edit on 7/9/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

You ever seen anything quite like this man? This is kinda spooky to me.

And add in a severe thunderstorm that just rolled through. Feels like a movie.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
threat was made by a group, and saying person belonging to that group was spotted

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Fort Worth, rolling around the burbs

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And I know many won't like it but...if this is actually something legit, maaaaaaybe, just maybe, it would have been more prudent not to blow up the one asshat that could provide insight into whether or not this was an organized conspiracy against DPD or LEO in general.

Send in a team of 5 or so SWAT officers. 3 are killed by the "asshat", which brings the total officers killed to 8.
I grew up in Dallas, and now live south in Mansfield. I think most would not want to have the deaths of 3 more
officers on my hands, especially after all the tragic circumstances of Thursday night.

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
threat was made by a group, and saying person belonging to that group was spotted

Spotted? What do you mean? Here in Dallas?

link   
Probably not going to get a whole lot of information on this one considering it's happening in a somewhat controlled environment...

They said they were looking for a male & expanding the perimeter - no shots fired though...

link   
OH they have suspicious person cornered , so they say

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Spotted? What do you mean? Here in Dallas?

yes

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Wow they are gearing the F up.

I'm so glad I don't live in a big city.

Anyone spooked this threat is a distraction?

I have been thinking exactly that...attack somewhere else. Also wondering Why Dallas? Any problems here was over a year ago and was prosecuted. Mass agenda?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thanks, and to an extent I don't disagree with you. The copycat syndrome is fed by the media.

But let's be honest here: what do people want to hear about right now? The massive tragedy that just happened, or the new Italian restaurant that has crappy breadsticks and a decent lasagna getting 1.5 stars by the local food critic?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Good god..

Enough already.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Not since I've been on the job. My agency, and I would wager most or all others, has some precautionary actions/measures in place and tactical readiness is a bit increased.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

I don't disagree and I don't pretend to want to be faced with the decision. I'm just saying it's possible it may have been a wider conspiracy - we don't know. What if this is related? Would it have been better to have him alive? Seems likely. And no, I concede I don't have all the facts.

What I do know and what concerns me is the absolute mind#ery this is for the LEOs there and the larger community of Dallas and the entire U.S.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Thanks, and to an extent I don't disagree with you. The copycat syndrome is fed by the media.

But let's be honest here: what do people want to hear about right now? The massive tragedy that just happened, or the new Italian restaurant that has crappy breadsticks and a decent lasagna getting 1.5 stars by the local food critic?

That's what I'm confused about. The recent cops killing black males were in other cities. So why is this group making threats? Is it personal?

ETA: I was responding to another post and don't know how it showed up here. Sorry.
edit on 9-7-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

A man wearing a black mask was spotted in a parking garage behind the headquarters and SWAT officers surrounded the building with guns drawn.

No shots have been fired, despite initial reports of gunshots.

link

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If there is truth to all this, I'd figure the perps are waiting/setting up for when the sun goes down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join