It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions High in Houston After Police Forced to Shoot Armed Black Man Waving Gun

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
He was a felon in possession of a fire arm before and was given a break. But once again he is out with one and waving it around. Pretty good method of getting the police to check you out.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: RoadCourse

originally posted by: roadgravel
The young guy in the interview makes it sound like police are just driving around shooting people. Anyone pointing a firearm at the police is going to shot including other races. Maybe grasp that idea video guy.

Folks like that don't exist in our reality, they exist in their own little made-up universe where blacks should not be policed at all.

The general theme we're seeing is

a) ignore any individual/family accountability within the black community
b) lash out against any policing of any activity a black person is involved in, illegal or not
c) if you don't support their cause, you're a racist

This country is going to #.

Not the country,
The people.

The people are the country.

I agree on everything you said in your previous comments.
I could even add a helluva lot more.

But this....
I disagree.
You can be as patriotic as you wish, of course.
I wish to be technical and realistic.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
For those that didn't like the outcome of this.

What was the cops suppose to do ?

Wait til they got shot or some bystander ?

There is only one outcome.

For situations like these.
edit on 9-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For those that didn't like the outcome of this.

What was the cops suppose to do ?

Wait til they got shot or some bystander ?

There is only one outcome.

For situations like these.

No one should like this outcome. A person was killed.

That doesn't mean the police did not do the right thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Your right. We need to address why did this man feel the need to do this suicidal act? Focus on the real causes for disregard of the law and the whole rebelliousness that our society seems to have created.

I don't blame officers for enforcing the law.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Well I'm glad to see here in the US we're all NOT getting along so well. Shaming and killing each other, harassing and killing each other, not working together and killing each other, or, just killing each other.

Who needs Islamic Terrorists?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Good riddance. If your gonna waive a gun around in a neighborhood and at police then you deserve every bit of extra ventilation they give you.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's called Suicide By Cop.

Although did they have to unload on him?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
of course it was justified, wtf is going on ?

you point a gun the the police, they take you down

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It's called Suicide By Cop.

Although did they have to unload on him?

How is that relevant?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is this starting to look like martyrdom? Seems to be inching closer extremist mentality.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How about wearing the cops shoes for a moment.
Most of these guys and gals join the Police force because of a sense of community protection, helping citizens etc etc.
unfortunately, most people they deal with are the scum of the Earth, that regular folks never have to be exposed to.
Imagine going to a crime scene and seeing blood splattered and body parts everywhere....
Or to traffic accidents and seeing children's heads removed from their bodies.
They get this stuff regularly....you dont think that would "Influence" your line of thinking.

All this and, On Top Of the possibility that some wacko in the city or country wants to blow your head off at any chance they get, just because your a cop, the man ????
Not to mention the political and managerial pressure they are under to "Raise More Revenue" for the county or state by issuing tickets....

Remember, they joined the job because of their community spirit and wanting to help people.......

In the Old Westerns the Texicans use to say..."Remember the Alamo".
Now the cops there will be saying...."Remember Dallas".
They will be on knife edge for a long time.....wouldn't you?

Perhaps the African American people should smoke a pipe of peace (I know Snoop would be in that), and voluntarily hand in all their weapons to the police, declare love for each other and white man (not just the girls), and proclaim a peaceful existence and a life without crime, drugs, weapons or hate.........

Oh well, "I had a Dream".........

edit on 9-7-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you think these things happening in the community don't affect police, then you better watch this Wisconsin Police commissioner discussing Another murder in his community.

This guy is certainly sincere and wears his passion on his sleeve.

If more people were as concerned as this......

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think the gov't should send us all to our bedrooms without supper for a few days, and that includes the media and politicians. maybe some will discover that brain they lost a few months ago and start using it again.

that day we refuse our officers the right to protect themselves while on the job is the day we will lose our police force. and, I think I can remember at least three instances in the last few months were some gave me the impression that that is what they think... one of which was when a crazy lady stabbed one officer and had backed another into the front of the car that came to assist holding a flipping ax!!

right now, I imagine there are plenty of cops out there doing their jobs that are rather jumpy and apprehensive. I imagine most everyone on these boards would be also if they were in their shoes.
try to be nice to them for the time being and avoid pointing guns at them.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The young guy in the interview makes it sound like police are just driving around shooting people. Anyone pointing a firearm at the police is going to shot including other races. Maybe grasp that idea video guy.

Folks like that don't exist in our reality, they exist in their own little made-up universe where blacks should not be policed at all.

The general theme we're seeing is

a) ignore any individual/family accountability within the black community
b) lash out against any policing of any activity a black person is involved in, illegal or not
c) if you don't support their cause, you're a racist

This country is going to #.

You do realize that a majority of black people in this country are law abiding citizens? Why the blanket statements.

By lumping in every black person in together with what you're describing instead of judging people individually, you are a part of the problem in this country, and THAT is what makes you a stinking racist.

JUDGE INDIVIDUALS. You have the critical thinking skills of a 6 month old child

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Regarding this incident, I have no no issue with what the cops did.

Nevermind the fact that he was a felon, he was behaving like a lunatic. I have zero sympathy for him, and yes I'm black. You don't do that.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I'm just a tiny little Caucasian looking female, but if I were to wave a firearm around in a residential neighborhood and then proceed to point it at the police here in my city, I'd fully expect to be lit up like a Christmas tree for my trouble. I agree, you don't do that. Unless you want it to be the last thing you ever do.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

i'm curious, what you mean by people are not the country?

technically if a country didn't have any people it it wouldn't be a county it would just be empty land.

here is the definition

coun·try
[ˈkəntrē]
NOUN

1. a nation with its own government, occupying a particular territory:
"the country's increasingly precarious economic position"
synonyms: nation · (sovereign) state · kingdom · realm · territory ·

(the country)
2. districts and small settlements outside large towns, cities, or the capital:
"the airfield is right out in the country" ·

synonyms: woods · back of beyond · hinterland · bush ·

an area or region with regard to its physical features:
3. "a tract of wild country"
synonyms: terrain · land · territory · parts · landscape · scenery ·

4.short for country music.
Oxford Dictionaries

can empty land form it's own government? can empty land have a economy? can empty land make laws?
can you see where i'm going. it takes people to make a country, not just land.

now to be fair i can understand what your saying, but technically i also understood what MysticPearl was saying. and technically you should have said some people.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I wonder if the BLM terrorist organisation will try to spin this as "yet another murder of an unarmed innocent black man".

Would not surprise me.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
How about wearing the cops shoes for a moment.
Most of these guys and gals join the Police force because of a sense of community protection, helping citizens etc etc.
unfortunately, most people they deal with are the scum of the Earth, that regular folks never have to be exposed to.
Imagine going to a crime scene and seeing blood splattered and body parts everywhere....
Or to traffic accidents and seeing children's heads removed from their bodies.
They get this stuff regularly....you dont think that would "Influence" your line of thinking.

All this and, On Top Of the possibility that some wacko in the city or country wants to blow your head off at any chance they get, just because your a cop, the man ????
Not to mention the political and managerial pressure they are under to "Raise More Revenue" for the county or state by issuing tickets....

Remember, they joined the job because of their community spirit and wanting to help people.......

In the Old Westerns the Texicans use to say..."Remember the Alamo".
Now the cops there will be saying...."Remember Dallas".
They will be on knife edge for a long time.....wouldn't you?

Perhaps the African American people should smoke a pipe of peace (I know Snoop would be in that), and voluntarily hand in all their weapons to the police, declare love for each other and white man (not just the girls), and proclaim a peaceful existence and a life without crime, drugs, weapons or hate.........

Oh well, "I had a Dream".........

It amazes me what the moderators on here allow.

so if I call you a racist prick for that last paragraph, that would be acceptable as well?

are you serious?

Abovetopsecret.com is a stone's throw away from being a hate speech site. i'd be afraid to even browse this site at work, because its going to get flagged sooner or later with the racist scumbags that spew nonsense on here
edit on 9-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join