It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the simulation hypothesis held true, what are some things we could do in order to be noticed...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jekka

A very interesting take, certainly worth consideration.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Why would you want to be noticed, that may end the simulation

unless those in control would like to see the result. I would think most sims would be allowed to run to some completion, the experiment. But of course, sim could be to see if those within could detect and effect it which would be the point it is ended.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

I'm not arguing against you or trying to pick a fight or anything - I just want to know what you are sensing/thinking because you said you were a pastor, or at least I thought you said that somewhere (I can't find it now).

We are in a simulation that was created for us as "entertainment and growth/learning".

Why do you feel like there is more than "here"? What leads you to believe there is an "outside"?

Is it simply because you think reality should not behave as it does? If so, why? Can you give some examples of how reality should behave?

Also, can you define simulation in the way that you understand it?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Kandinsky

no one can imagine something, not based on something which already exists. all we can imagine is what exists.

Invention is that in a nutshell. In order to invent or innovate, one must think outside the box, which means imagining something that doesn't exist and usually is not based on something which already exists.

It is for this reason that I think that if we are in a simulation, we are experiencing it but not created by it.
In a... I am reluctant to say... Matrix... sort of way... in that the creatures inside are only there mentally while their physical bodies reside elsewhere. A tactic I could see being used on people who are on a "colony" ship travelling a multi-generational distance through space. It would keep the minds of the crew intact during the trip by simulating life.

I disagree.

everything we can conceptualize is based on something imaginable.

if I ask you to describe something that didn't exist, you wouldn't be wrong to say its impossible.

in the same manner, if you want to invent something, you must be able to at least describe it.

I think if you read up on satre you can grasp that idea.

and there are things which we cannot grasp. thus we create ways to grasp them based on imaginative plausibilities.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would think if we are in a sim then we are created by it. That is what the sim is, the whole thing.

Otherwise it is more of a control of our senses and possibly mental state.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Tjoran

*If* it was a simulation, the programmers would presumably have the foresight to add code that would make us blind to uncovering the truth. Or perhaps there's something like a root kit that switches us off if our minds ever see the simulation. As soon as someone has that eureka moment...drop down dead.

Imagine if sudden unexpected death syndrome was caused by suddenly seeing through the apparition of this world and into the outside one?

Then again, if everything is a simulation, wouldn't that make us simulations too? Are we thinking we have a 'real,' or realer existence outside of this pseudo-reality?

Scary thought that just thinking about it enough could earn you a tombstone. But than all the more reason not to fear death in the first place. I would hazard a guess that we are just gamers in the system like a lot of posts in this forum suggest.

I can't just stop thinking about it though. I will continue to try and put the puzzle together, Mostly because it feels like i need to know.

originally posted by: matadoor
We are in a simulation that was created for us as "entertainment and growth/learning".

Conciseness drives the world around us. It's already been proven by science, and no one really wants to talk about it. From 1998.......

www.sciencedaily.com...

M

One more point. I play Quake 3. Yeah, it's old school but then again so am I. These games were created by mere humans, I cranked it up earlier today and was playing it. As I'm playing, there is no way of knowing that you are inside the game, there are no obvious signs, no missing pieces, heck even the sky is moving. I know I'm in a game, simply because I'm conscious of it. There are BOTS though that I'm playing against. They have absolutely no idea that anything really exists outside of when that program is running.

Can you even imagine the technology that a deity would have? Like this, Earth Sim V5.2.....

I honestly think that this entire existence is here as entertainment for us, that allows us to experience this existence with other souls. Enjoy it while you are here, why not, because otherwise you leave not having had fun.

The bot's you speak of are programmed dumb though. They have no consciousness or self awareness, they do only what they are programmed to do. Once you add consciousness, it's only a matter of time before they figure it out, just like humans are now.

Edit: Eww why is my avatar stretched out like this

edit on 9-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Once you add consciousness, it's only a matter of time before they figure it out, just like humans are now.

How do we know that our awareness and thought process isn't based on programming. We are able to access some of the data which is then part of our awareness.

Everything in our universe is the simulation.

edit on 7/9/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Once you add consciousness, it's only a matter of time before they figure it out, just like humans are now.

How do we know that our awareness and thought process isn't based on programming. We are able to access some of the data which is then part of our awareness.

Everything in our universe is the simulation.

Because we can learn, at least it seems like we can learn. Self expansive programming.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

the OP raises 2 quite seperate issues :

1 - IF the universe is a simulation - then whats the point , IF it is un monitored ? [ the point being that if it is monitored - then hey the alledged programer is aware of us and our actions ]

2 - IF we are in a simulation , then EVERYTHING is a simulation - we have no interface with " the outside "

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A computer has power coming into the power supply that runs the processor and memory. Although not the data inside memory, it has a path (circuits) to it to create it.

Could the data understand this, IDK.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka

a reply to: Kandinsky

no one can imagine something, not based on something which already exists. all we can imagine is what exists.

Invention is that in a nutshell. In order to invent or innovate, one must think outside the box, which means imagining something that doesn't exist and usually is not based on something which already exists.

It is for this reason that I think that if we are in a simulation, we are experiencing it but not created by it.
In a... I am reluctant to say... Matrix... sort of way... in that the creatures inside are only there mentally while their physical bodies reside elsewhere. A tactic I could see being used on people who are on a "colony" ship travelling a multi-generational distance through space. It would keep the minds of the crew intact during the trip by simulating life.

I disagree.

everything we can conceptualize is based on

if I ask you to describe something that didn't exist, you wouldn't be wrong to say its impossible.

in the same manner, if you want to invent something, you must be able to at least describe it.

I think if you read up on satre you can grasp that idea.

and there are things which we cannot grasp. thus we create ways to grasp them based on imaginative plausibilities.
me too. Invention and innovation is more just technology, structures, and machines that we build by observing Mother Nature and reverse engineering it. No one can imagine something that has no basis from what they already saw or learne

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the OP raises 2 quite seperate issues :

1 - IF the universe is a simulation - then whats the point , IF it is un monitored ? [ the point being that if it is monitored - then hey the alledged programer is aware of us and our actions ]

2 - IF we are in a simulation , then EVERYTHING is a simulation - we have no interface with " the outside "
What's the difference.. If real is jus electrical impulses decoded by the brain
edit on 9-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Seriously I'm rather annoyed !

Where is all the science ?

The topic is rather vague.. Wanting to get noticed & draw unnessary attention to yourself. 🤔

I can tell you that the amount of civilizations that would reside inside of this super massive simulation would be astronomical. Over 200 billion civilizations in our galaxy alone. There are "approximately" 200 billion known galaxies in our singular universe..

So that's 200 billion X 200 billion & that will give you the average amount of civilizations in our singular universe. (Drake equation & law of averages)

Then consider that this just covers our singular Universe & you should not, ignore that we are apart of a much grander *Multiverse

So that is an incredibly super massive amount of data to analyze & to sort through continuously !!!

This is my opinion.. But I really doubt that living beings would sort through it, like some sort of cosmic custodian. I would say they would have extreamly advanced AI & they would regulate the simulations & oversee such interactions by automating the entire process.

The chief architects & designers of this intricate & perfectly flawless system, would be extreamly ancient beings & their coding & computations would of been an ongoing process for many billions of years.

So you could imagine how advanced & evolved their technology would be to regulate the entire Multiverse.

*They would have total mastery of quantum mechanics & all tech related to this field e.g nano technology & atomic sequencing.

*They would also have total mastery over all states of matter & its constituents, including light & energy.

*They would be able to control black holes & open wormholes to traverse space.

I would also like to say that this just proves that a singular deity would defiantly not be able to pull this off alone! So the word god (with a lower case g) is a rather outdated view & to much emphasis on the singular.. (Paradoxical)

It would make more sense to assume that this, is a group of extreamly advanced ET's possibly from an earlier precursor to the universe or what ever system they evolved from.

I know some of this would seem like serious science fiction but to be honest all the math & logic seems to support this concept.

I also would like to add that people who use '___' or '___' for therapeutic reasons obviously with consent of a Profesional health worker or GP etc.
(please not I am not encouraging the use of the above & I condemn trying it unsupervised)
But people including myself, have reported seeing intricate & detailed neon honey comb (nano) like structures & also very small functional mechanisms carrying out tasks like weather manipulation etc.

So the multiverse is looking more & more like a super massive computer system & we are living in a digital simulation.

👽✌🏻️

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Assuming this universe is a simulation, which is certainly could be based on what we know about quantum mechanics, then it really comes down to the reason this simulation was created. In all likelihood, it was created as an experiment to observe how life evolves and we aren't the only planet in the universe with intelligent life forms living on it. If we were the only planet with advanced forms of life then we would already have the attention of the programmer and they would be inspecting our planet very closely. That's very unlikely to be the case though because we've traveled to other planets and sent space probes outside of our solar system.

If I had enough computing power to simulate an entire universe my goal would be to see what types of intelligent creatures evolve in the simulation and what types of societies they form and how they deal with important social issues. However it would require a universe with trillions of planets to actually have a chance of life evolving on some of those planets. Finding the planets with advanced forms of life would probably be the most difficult part, if all life forms emerge due to natural processes then it would be hard to design any type of alert to signal life has evolved on a given planet.

I'm guessing we would be much easier to spot if we were to start spreading out through the entire galaxy or maybe if we start draining energy from a number of stars around the galaxy. The point is, once we become advanced enough, we should catch the eye of the programmer. Right now we're still a rather primitive species, only entering the electronic age within he last 100 years, and we're still probably very hard to detect among the huge number of other planets. Of course we could try to hack the simulation but that seems essentially impossible from our frame of reference inside the simulation.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KazeKurai

The chief architects & designers of this intricate & perfectly flawless system, would be extreamly ancient beings & their coding & computations would of been an ongoing process for many billions of years.

So you could imagine how advanced & evolved their technology would be to regulate the entire Multiverse.

*They would have total mastery of quantum mechanics & all tech related to this field e.g nano technology & atomic sequencing.

*They would also have total mastery over all states of matter & its constituents, including light & energy.

*They would be able to control black holes & open wormholes to traverse space.

Our simulated universe doesn't necessarily have to be anything like the universe the programmers live in. They could have just made up the laws of quantum mechanics and programmed them into our universe for all we know. The programmer doesn't need to make the simulation exactly like their own universe, or anything like it for that matter. As long as the simulation can support the evolution of life then it will produce interesting results.
edit on 10/7/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
just a few thoughts
obviously not everyone becomes a ghost..but there are some..what if these are just remnants of the simulations failure to totally erase the program.
i wonder..has the simulation always been here? or could it have started at some point in our past, how would we know..
if its all being fed to us.
everything here..from the individual, to the group, to the nations..seems to be based on competition,and rivalry,
perhaps we are in a grand axis and allies game

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

As long as the simulation can support the evolution of life then it will produce interesting results.

That takes me back.

1. If a cell has one or no living neighbours, it will die of loneliness.
2. If it has too many neighbours - four or more - it will die from overcrowding.
3. New cells are "born" whenever an empty square has exactly three living neighbors.

www.abc.net.au...

Awesome exercise.

edit on 7/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, interesting topic. I have no clue of how to alert the programmers, but I'll think about it.

Sort of on topic, but it might sound a little too egotistical ... but I sometimes think that what if just me, my whole life alone is the program. And everyone else, and everything else is just how it is perceived to me. All of history never existed, etc., it's just part of the story-line input in my environment to see how it all moves me. And even me typing this out to you 'people' on the internet makes no sense, because none of you really exist anyway. Your responses will merely be ai responses. And now maybe me typing this out, the programmer knows that I'm onto him. Will he shut the program down? Or does he want me to really figure everything out in this test he put me through.

OK, so I don't think about this all the time, it just passes through my mind here and there. I'm not crazy, and I really do function in real life, I have a job, kids, car, etc.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: whatmakesyouright

I think you need to try harder mate.. Seriously so it's just you in this simulation that covers our whole entire cosmos. So I am replying to you right now and answering you is proof & should validate the fact that your theory is flawed. I can most defintly tell you that I am self aware, I am not AI & to be honest it's a little argonaut, to suggest that you are in your own Simulation. That would infer that we are all in our own Sim. Very unlikely pal 😁

Been a 3D construct projected on a 2D surface in a highly advanced cosmic computer simulation.. one that alows for multiple outcomes or possibilities branched of from every decision & action taken. It sounds alot more apealing. That the simulation could allow every species within it to interact, however the distance is kind of very well planned out. Each solar system is diliberitly placed out of reach from the next, so that each civilization has a real chance & advancing itself to the point where Stella travel becomes very likely.

Holographic universe is a quite a mental exercise to understand that it actually could be possible & we are not in base reality.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If this is a simulation, the universe doesn't even have to really be the expansive size we think it is. The simulation just makes us think in that it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join