It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the simulation hypothesis held true, what are some things we could do in order to be noticed...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tjoran

Thinking that there is something we could do to somehow disrupt the system running our simulation by overload might be comparable to the original version PAC Man game figuring out how to some how overload a modern gaming PC.

Don't underestimate the system running the program.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ideas.
They are looking for ideas.
Also look at historic patterns - witches, bloodlines, ouija boards
A desire to communicate with the outside
Be very very careful it's dangerous and could get you killed.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
The best thing we can do is recreate the experiment. Make our own simulation, as has probably been done many times before.

The implications here are pretty nuts and could be an explanation for the idea of parallel worlds. A simulation within a simulation, etc etc etc. Each new simulation an attempt at a beacon to the creator of the simulation before.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
If we're the program we can't do anything not in the program
When the program acts up we fix it.
edit on 792016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 792016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Logically, we don't need to do anything to be noticed. The programmer(s) made us, so they already know who were are and what we are capable of, every motivation, every nuance.

They're god, yes?

They know it before we think it.
edit on 7/9/16 by 123143 because: ETA.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

edit on 7/9/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Pray and seek God with all your heart. He is watching for love and devotion. If you put as much effort into seeking him as you would when trying to get a degree or accomplish a dream, he is going to notice. Here's a hint: instead of trying to explain things away, have faith in them, and delve deeper.

But just to play along: find and exploit bugs - bugs are known to freeze programs. e.g. If the Mandela Effect were real, you could figure out what causes it and recreate those conditions.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

*If* it was a simulation, the programmers would presumably have the foresight to add code that would make us blind to uncovering the truth. Or perhaps there's something like a root kit that switches us off if our minds ever see the simulation. As soon as someone has that eureka moment...drop down dead.

Imagine if sudden unexpected death syndrome was caused by suddenly seeing through the apparition of this world and into the outside one?

Then again, if everything is a simulation, wouldn't that make us simulations too? Are we thinking we have a 'real,' or realer existence outside of this pseudo-reality?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oy.

Someone always comes along and ruins it.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

*If* it was a simulation, the programmers would presumably have the foresight to add code that would make us blind to uncovering the truth. Or perhaps there's something like a root kit that switches us off if our minds ever see the simulation. As soon as someone has that eureka moment...drop down dead.

Imagine if sudden unexpected death syndrome was caused by suddenly seeing through the apparition of this world and into the outside one?

Then again, if everything is a simulation, wouldn't that make us simulations too? Are we thinking we have a 'real,' or realer existence outside of this pseudo-reality?

i slightly disagree. us knowing or not knowing if it s a simulation is not mutually exclusive to our consciousness.
the simulation could have included codes to eventually or artificially make us aware were in a simulation and were being simulated.
the progression of the simulation could be programmed that way in such a way, a way which allows our capacities to cognitively evolve.

we can in essence, realize this is all a simulation.

it becomes a circular argument eventually

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
We are in a simulation that was created for us as "entertainment and growth/learning".

Conciseness drives the world around us. It's already been proven by science, and no one really wants to talk about it. From 1998.......

www.sciencedaily.com...

M

One more point. I play Quake 3. Yeah, it's old school but then again so am I. These games were created by mere humans, I cranked it up earlier today and was playing it. As I'm playing, there is no way of knowing that you are inside the game, there are no obvious signs, no missing pieces, heck even the sky is moving. I know I'm in a game, simply because I'm conscious of it. There are BOTS though that I'm playing against. They have absolutely no idea that anything really exists outside of when that program is running.

Can you even imagine the technology that a deity would have? Like this, Earth Sim V5.2.....

I honestly think that this entire existence is here as entertainment for us, that allows us to experience this existence with other souls. Enjoy it while you are here, why not, because otherwise you leave not having had fun.
edit on 9-7-2016 by matadoor because: Inspiration, or something like that.......

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

So the simulation would be something like a chrysalis where only the evolved 'butterflies' get to level up or leave?

You're right, it becomes circular and turtles all the way down. I made a few points about Russian dolls and then left them out...

We could be frozen in the bellies of starships looking for habitable worlds whilst the simulation stimulates our consciousnesses. As they cruise through thousands of years of space, we're being programmed and trained to colonise. Anything works!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

yup anything is plausible.

but my question would then be, if the universe is not some simulation, what can it be? what CAN reality be.

we can't imagine it to be anything other than what we can imagine. (if we couldn't imagine what a simulation was, we would not even consider it as a possibility)
let me elaborate a little. no one can imagine something, not based on something which already exists. all we can imagine is what exists.

no one can imagine what nothingness is, or forever, or other abstract concepts. so then if we can't imagine what the entire universe is, we can't even know the truth about the universe. all truths are based on our capacity to perceive.

---------
what if this is what nothingness is; existence itself is at the same time non existence. what if this is what nothingness translates into, i.e. everything we know today is in fact what nothing is.

... (only problem with that hypothesis is that if nothingness exists, then it is in fact 'something'
edit on 9-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

Wasn't it minds that created all known simulations?

Aren't we really only considering simulations because simulations behave as we do?

If the "simulation" (reality as we know it) behaves like a mind, why do you think it isn't mind all the way down?

How is physicality all that different from our minds which, when trying to measure our spirits or "fields", cause thoughtforms/mental images?

Why do you put simulation before consciousness? If we are, and are in, a simulation, what is it a simulation of? A mind?
edit on 7/9/2016 by Bleeeeep because: rephrased a sentence

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Limited computing resources doesn't have to be a constraint with advance technology since its not even that far from our reach with clustering technology,virtualization,parallel computing, and quantum computing .

Bugs in programs can catch the eye of the programmer. Something so outrages say for example tomorrow Hillary Clinton becomes ethical ,honest, and worthy of being president. That would surely catch the eye of the programmer.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Entertainment for our conciseness.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Hillary is acting the way she is, because she knows that there are no real consequences for her lies and the people her and Bill have eliminated. They kicked them out of the game, because they got in the way of what they are trying to build.

This is all a game, entertainment for whoever we really are. We are limited about that knowledge, because that would really farg up the game.

BUT, I fully believe that science has figured this out (hence the article I posted), and the elites (or some of them) know this to be true. They know that it's all or nothing, and they are putting all the chips in.

There have been lots of bugs in the program, but notice that strange phenomenon has really gone away as we have advanced technology.

Prime example, notice that UFO sightings are way down now that we have video cameras everywhere. These craft are all part of the simulation of this universe. Once we have become able to transmit video and sound to each other in seconds, stuff like ghosts and UFO's are almost gone now, with only a few sighted every now and then.

Reason? The program was tweaked. The humans are getting more sophisticated. Tweak the program more.

There are over 6,000 different religions on Earth right now. Chances are, they are either all wrong, or one is correct.

I'm leaning towards all wrong, and yes, I am an ordained minister. That also means that either we simply "go away" when we die, OR we head outside of the program and maybe decide to come back and play again.

Monty, I'll take door number 2.

Our character is dead, and along with it, all ties to the previous life. The slate is clean. We are a duck, and wake up to a brand new life every day, except our day last far longer than a ducks is.

That's exactly how I would design a system like this, allows you to really get into the part, enjoy the sensations (sex is a great bonus to being a human!!!), yet also not be held responsible for something you did in a previous existence.

Welcome to Universe Sim 5.2
edit on 9-7-2016 by matadoor because: Too darn many o's

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

I think what you're referring to is not a simulation but a reflection of our will to be measured out. A desire for good excitation is a desire for the reflection (awareness) of good measure, hints our desire to have excitement in our lives. Physicality/form therefor being the image or body of a measure - it's a measurement.

And so back to my initial question: what is the simulation of? Will and awareness (mind)? What else can it be if the very driving factors behave just like a mind? The mind is an entertainer?

Let me rephrase the question, I guess: Why do you think there is something more real than this?
edit on 7/9/2016 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Kandinsky

no one can imagine something, not based on something which already exists. all we can imagine is what exists.

Invention is that in a nutshell. In order to invent or innovate, one must think outside the box, which means imagining something that doesn't exist and usually is not based on something which already exists.

It is for this reason that I think that if we are in a simulation, we are experiencing it but not created by it.
In a... I am reluctant to say... Matrix... sort of way... in that the creatures inside are only there mentally while their physical bodies reside elsewhere. A tactic I could see being used on people who are on a "colony" ship travelling a multi-generational distance through space. It would keep the minds of the crew intact during the trip by simulating life.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I didn't say there was anything more "real" than this, I'm saying that what we are experiencing here is nothing compared to what is outside of this experience. There is far more out there, than there is here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join