It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky has gone GOLD!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There is a new mod for the PC... changes the game greatly....

Low flight.... you can fly as low as you want, under water and through caves....

Completely changes the game.

Cant wait till my next crab planet so I can strafe the little buggers with my photon cannon.

Good times.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Im a bit dissapointed with the game. Alot of the features do not exist that were talked about in the interviews. The survival aspect was interesting at first but quickly became repetitive and annoying.

The underlying exploration and atmosphere is amazing. However, the boring grindy semi-survival aspects take away from the whole experiance.

Its basically like having to do work so i can expand my inventory and make future resource gathering a bit easier.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It is a 20 buck game tbh but because of the hype it is 60 bucks. I played 3 hours before I got bored.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Been following this game since announcement, bought the game a week late. STILL exploring the game.
Bug fixes have and are happening. Tending to get really angry that no matter what people tend to say but this isn't what we were sold. They forget games in development ( Alpha ) get changed. But not just that lets nitpick the things said. Reading I played 90 hours I want my money back is complete BS. First was the refund train, then the lack of things, now it's where's Sean.

There have been many games that changed and did not come out like was said that did not get this much flack.

If you don't like the game stop bashing it and move on.

If you like the game don't go to the boards and read about it. Can't weed through all the anti-nomanssky to get to the good stuff.

In all my gaming years, this game has brought many hours of joy ( and many to come I'm sure )
My wife enjoys watching me play, we have fun together. It's relaxing.

Worth 60 bucks Yes
Lets say I got at least 60 hours in thats a buck an hour

I could rent 30 2hr movies and pay 105 bucks ( video rental here is 3.50 ) and I guarantee 80 % of those flicks will suck.
60 bucks I could take my wife out for an evening ( Nice dinner maybe a show but we both would be disgusted by the people out there. ) and that would only last maybe 5 hrs.

No Mans Sky is about exploring not speed racing to the center. Many planets have life, find them all, don't find them it's up to you. Nothing is pressing you get maxed out to "win".

I've spent 60 on crappy games and moved on, didn't go to all the forums and places trying to get people Not play the game because I thought it was sucked.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

Well, the issue is that sean(and their team) lied over and over. That led to a ton of more game sales than what would of happend if sean showed and explained real gameplay.

It was just an epic lie fest to hype the game way beyond its true nature.

The whole, "if you dont like it then move on" argument is very ignorant IMO. Ive never bought a $60 game that was based on a mountain of lies.

I bought the game because of those lies. I would have never bought it if i knew what it really was. Its complete false advertising.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Maybe I'll get One Man's Lie when its on a steam sale, like for sub-20-dorrar.

Otherwise I just dont feel that compelled. I agree with Blueman12 it's not what was being pitched for years.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

Hahaha Everyone should watch that.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Move on is not ignorant - what is ignorant is when people say they lied about the game, and flat out refuse to prove these lies existed. They change the lies to take things out of context. You bought something with out reading a thing about it and you are blaming them not yourself.

False Advertising I highly doubt that.

Look at the box -

Did you buy a copy for PC / PS4? Did you read the box? There is nothing on the box that states anything that is "missing from game"

No you bought digital - did you read the description of the game? Does not say anything about these "missing" things in there either.

"the lies were in video's." the same video's that show what they are working on saying things might be added. The lies that are taken out of context. People say no it's the trailers for the game. Again nothing shown in the trailers that are not in game.

Here is a list someone did make about the game of the false advertising ( yet there is no mention of this on the box or in descriptions of buying it digitally, they happen to be things mentioned in videos during making of the game )

-Multiplayer ( not on the box, I can see other players discoveries )
-Faction's Waring ( in the game there are battles in space that yes you can join in on or get ganked by )
-Amazing Ship Customization ( you customize the ship )
-Amazing Crafting System ( you craft all things )
-Landing on Asteroids ( you can destroy them, can't land on them they are way small )
-Having Fleets Appear Out of Nowhere ( it happens in game )
-Destroying The Fleets ( you can attack other ships and ships will attack you )
-Destroying Space Stations ( I have not tried that yet )
-Large Scale Space Battles ( answered above )
-Joining Those Battles ( answered above )
-Sand Planets ( I found sand on my planet's )
-Large Creatures Affecting The Landscape ( I have seen Large creatures shacking the ground while walking )

But all those things are not on the box, not in the description of digital. All those things mentioned are the things from while making the game. Things that were mentioned that could be in game. Could be in game. Could.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
One Man's Lie stats.

steamcharts.com...
edit on 1-10-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Does it matter the game stats went down on steam?

How is that Hello games not telling the truth.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

LOL.

Really that big of a fan eh?

Seems to me the majority of folks who bought the game quit once they realized it wasn't what they were sold.

Did you look at the percentage drop off 91% of active players.

you see no issue with that?

Who cares what was on the Box, One Man made many claims of BS.
edit on 1-10-2016 by Lysergic because: fernt

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I am a fan but that didn't answer the question did it.

Who cares what the box says? well thats part of the advertisement isn't it. So if there was lies of what the game contains it would be on the box.

I understand that people don't like it,
so why not move on instead of constantly trying to get others to dislike it as well?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

They advertised places other than the back of their box. Go watch some interviews.

I am on no mission to get anyone to like/dislike, rather I am using a forum and discussing the controversy surrounding this game, imagine that.

Seems 91% who bought it, thought they were going to like it but in the end didn't, they some how felt, misled.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

If they didn't lie then why are they being investigated?

They also claim that it was so huge that it would be close to impossible to be in the same area as another player guess what, two players did occupy the same planet at the same time but we're not able to see each other even though they were at the same building

I hope they get found guilty.

For those who wanted to play a game that nms should have been try Osiris, it's a early game but I've had more fun playing this game for 25 bucks compared to that crap fest for 60.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So sean murray's various interviews and videos before the release arent lies or false advertising because the digital/box description doesn't say it is in there?

The game was showcased or said to have many features that never appeared in the game.

Yea.. i know i shouldnt have pre ordered digital. However, the game (before release) was misleading.

Thats like me creating an indie game, advertising it to have multiplayer and incredible multi-genre feautures but only dilivering on the most basic premise of the game.

Im not asking for a refund , but what sean murray and his P.R. team did was wrong.
edit on 1-10-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Might check that game out
. The worst part about NMS is that its boring "survival" mechanicals are not hard enough to feel challenging and too repetitive for people who just want to explore.

It's a mechanic that is mainly for people who find resource gathering fun. Resources are not hard to find, they just take time to get.

If NMS just took a page from minecraft's resource finding/building system and had real multiplayer, i think many of their lack of promised features would easily be forgiven.

No mans sky is gorgeous, but it feels like complete grinding work to simply explore the uinverse.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

www.extremetech.com...

Under investigation for false advertising....

www.rockpapershotgun.com...

Sorry fan boy I remember what was said and what was said was not in the game at release.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

This is such a true review.
Honestly once you have done a few planets...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Worth it just for the giant sand worm that gets you when you are the most relaxed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join